Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity connect app will not open emails

Contributor

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails

I do that all the time too haha I said I’m forced to give one star reviews if I could I’d give minus 10 . Hey thanks for everything you show there are people in this world who care. I might sound like a creep but I get so irritated that it brings tha bad out in me . I apologize for that.
Regular Visitor

No problem thanks
Regular Contributor

Thank you Burrito you’re welcome.
Contributor

That’s what they want they get your money and don’t have to fix anything but I understand. The big money always wins. The banks steal your money the govt bails em out and they’re rich again. Same with Comcast a monopoly that says why should we fix it it’s just email them jokers will just use something else and we’ll still get thier money. The Apple email will work . I don’t blame you
New Poster

I see it everyday and can’t get help. Everything else on my phone works fine
New Poster

Yes I have uninstalled and installed twice. iPhone. App won’t work
Contributor

That don’t work . I call them everyday and complain they used to read these forums but havnt seen a moderator here for awhile. Last time I called the tech had the nerve to say to me you don’t pay for that it’s something we do for our customers. I said but it hasn’t worked in a year now . If it doesn’t work and I don’t pay for it why have it? Then I got a call back asking for my information I asked why . They said because we’re going to troubleshoot yours. I said don’t you read the forum there’s thousands of people with the same problem. The tech on the phone said we’re gonna work on fixing yours and we’ll do the others as they call in. I said what read the forum I’m not the only person. They didn’t seem to care. They always go through the uninstall thing and I refuse saying I did that 100 times. Like Ipiana says you can go through your Apple mail it will work but why should we have to. I have home phone service too and this app when it worked sent all the phone calls and messages from my land line through the app. Being retired and a guitar teacher it was great . I have missed so many calls it just irritates me. So I will call everyday and irritate them although they don’t care. I always end up apologizing to the person on the phone after yelling at them because it’s not thier fault but I get so mad I take it out on them. They don’t care about some little phone app when thier big money comes from the TV, Internet and Phone . I have also had techs hang up and be ignorant to me. I will call everyday I’m paying $257.00 it should work . I told them I’m taking $20.00 off my bill every month why should I pay for something that doesn’t work. I get a call yesterday saying my signal is low and they’re gonna upgrade my modem today. A tech was here last week and said it was fine then I found out it was in case I wanted to get the home protection and mobile phone. They don’t do anything free there’s always a catch. The tech who was here last week said about the app they are having big trouble with what we are concerned about.
Contributor

Comcastche your a Comcast trick who’s gonna help but you need to know the problem. Can’t you read? This is the 4 th set of complaints about the post everyone is saying the same thing but we have to tell you the problem ? Read the posts on the forum your email app don’t connect and an error 102002 pops up 1000 people told you the problem. Must they all tell you so you can say “ did you try to reinstall it” what a bunch of fubar
Regular Visitor

As we all know this is totally frustrating and inconvenient and has been a problem for many months.  It took like 3 months of calling and complaining multiple times before they would even acknowledge that is a Comcast problem and not a problem with my iphone.  I can not image any consumer technology company letting this problem continue for so long.  

Regular Contributor

Peanut64 I agree. I also see no logical path of escalation to force them to resolve this. Complaining here does no good. Writing bad reviews and complaining in the app stores also does no good. Finally calling them and complaining as an individual customer has done no good as they only treat as an individual customer problem and their only recommended solution is to delete the app and reinstall which again DOES NO GOOD! If this were any other WELL RUN company the manager responsible for app development and maintenance would have likely been replaced after almost a year of not offering up a customer solution that works.
Regular Visitor

The reply to this problem was back in Feb but now it's May 9 2018 and I'm still having a problem.
Contributor

The people you call really don’t know about it. I call everyday and they are coming tommorow and called me yesterday. An advanced tech . I told them to read the forum they said were taking the ppl that call and it just so happen yesterday when the advance tech called the wire that run under my house went bad and I had no internet. They could care less about that app even though if you have xFi.
Regular Contributor

For everyone’s info. Today I sent an email directly to Charlie Herrin, the Comcast VP responsible for Customer Sat or Customer Experience as they call it. In my email I included a link to this forum and these posts as a reference. I indicated that we need a credible action plan to fix the problems with this App ASAP. Who knows what if any reply I will receive back from his office. We shall see. If I do get a reply I will post it here for everyone to see.
Contributor

Funny Idinpa I got a call yesterday from an advanced tech who wanted to help me fix the “Problem” the wire on my internet went bad so I was offline. He acted like I was the only person with this problem. I told him my internet is out you wanna come down crawl under the house and run a new wire. He asked me what the prob. Was I said don’t you read the forum? He had no clue. Just happened to get another call today telling me they are and have been working on the problem. I said for almost a year you need new techs. She assured me they were working on it and are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah right I asked her why they have this forum there’s 1000sands of ppl with this same problem. She assured me they are working hard on it. I just teased her to death and said try reading the forum. If you don’t call and tell them believe me they don’t read or care about this forum. The tech that come on here have no clue . Reinstall is all you’ll get from them. I urge you and I been with Comcast since 1986. If you don’t call and tell them your thinking about Fios they don’t give a rats tail. They care bought 1 thing “$” the pocket book is the only place to hurt them . I urge everyone to call as often as you can if you can.
Regular Contributor

So I’ve heard nothing back yet from my letter to the Comcast Customer Experience Executive but I noticed they’ve released another update to the Connect App Just this evening. I downloaded the new update about 30 minutes ago and so far it seems to be working okay with email. I’d like to hope this update finally fixed it. We shall soon find out I guess.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the new info, hope it works.
Contributor

Just seen it they been calling me everyday takin 20$ off my bill a month . Finally
Regular Contributor

You’re welcome and me too. I got the email notice on your post with no problems and when I pull my email screen down it’s refreshing automatically like it should. I’ll give it through tomorrow yet. Cautiously optimistic at this point.
Regular Contributor

Burrito glad you got your discount LOL! Who knows if this update will finally be the magic bullet. We shall see. If not at least you’ve got the satisfaction of knowing you’re getting some of your money back 👍
Contributor

Yep don’t count your chicken teeth
Contributor

I called enough lol thanks for everything man. When ya call everyone ask for Retention they make all the rules. It’s not fair to any of us. Again thanks
New Poster

I am having same problem after newest iphone update

Please help
Regular Contributor

Barton: yes so far this morning I only had 1 new email and when I opened it I could see the header but not the body of the email and when refreshing the screen it just spun and spun. Like before I had to swipe the app off the screen to close it down, restart the app and then I could read the email. This is exactly how it acted prior to this last update. I’ll see if this continues or if it was a fluke but if in fact this update did not fix the problem comcast really needs to FIRE whoever is responsible for the development and maint. of this app ! 😡
New Poster

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails-SOLVED!!!!

At least for Android users...Might be available from Apple Store too but the answer is abandon the Comcast Connect email client and use one that works.  I found one that works for my work as well as my Comcast email and loads very quickly as it should.  I use "Email App for Any Mail" by "Craigpark Limited" pull it from the Google Play store.  As long as you know your email account and password for Connect app it will set itself up almost automatically.  Really good email client and now I can actually read my Comcast email on my phone.  Cannot believe they have not been able to fix this as big as Comcast is but try this and it will work.  Test emailed and replied to my Gmail account and all is good with using this email client for Comcast email.  After confirming it works deleted the "Connect" app and have not looked back.  Hopefully they created something similar for you iPhone and iPad users.  But try that I believe you will be very pleased!...;-)

Regular Contributor

That sounds like a very good solution for anyone who doesn’t also depend on the voice features in the connect app for those of us who also have our phone service with Comcast. Those features seem to work fine for me in the connect app and it’s the only reason I didn’t delete the app long ago 😉
Regular Contributor

Okay so after receiving a number of emails today I think I’ve now confirmed that the latest May 9th update to the Xfinity Connect App has in fact NOT fixed the email problems. I’m again applying my temporary fix of turning off background refresh to see if that works like it did before this latest update. I continue to be amazed that a company the size of Comcast cannot fix this problem after almost 1 year now. They can produce a streaming app that is smart enough to keep me from hooking up my iPad to TV and watching content I pay them for as well as automatically delete my downloaded content after a specific length of time but they can’t figure out how to fix a simple email app. Certainly shows you where their priorities lie. It’s with the customers dollars and not their satisfaction 😡
Contributor

Idinpa, your post title says "solved" but you are saying in the text that it's not solved.  Might be a bit misleading and maybe not time to let them off the hook.  My experience with the app yesterday was horrible.  It would not connect at all and I tried it on 3 different android devices.  My computer that is connected to the same wifi was loading emails fine.  So I called and they said they had received a number of calls and they were trying to fix it asap. My guess is that the update did not go well and they were scrambling to make some adjustments.   I have found that simply "updating" this app when an update is available in the google play store is not good enough.  I need to uninsall and reinstall to have the update work correctly.  Anyway, whatever the problem was seems to have been resolved late last night.  For me, the app is working better than it has in a long time.  Emails are loading quickly and no spinning.  Hopefully problem is solved, time will tell as we have been through this before.  Hopefully you can fully recover as well. 

New Poster

Philipj,

It was my Post that said getting it solved...follow up to read it.  Actually and can repost here.  It will be included below.  Granted it is a bit misleading to say solved for the Connect app but a work around to get your email is available and very easy to use.   Idinpa mentioned keeping app for comcast voice to email and I did have that for a while previously.  I believe the voicemails get posted to text or included as a ".Wav" file which this email client I mention below should also be able to forward to you without the "spinning wheel" of never connecting.  Give it a try and let me know if that solves your problem.  

Original post shown below:

At least for Android users...Might be available from Apple Store too but the answer is abandon the Comcast Connect email client and use one that works.  I found one that works for my work as well as my Comcast email and loads very quickly as it should.  I use "Email App for Any Mail" by "Craigpark Limited" pull it from the Google Play store.  As long as you know your email account and password for Connect app it will set itself up almost automatically.  Really good email client and now I can actually read my Comcast email on my phone.  Cannot believe they have not been able to fix this as big as Comcast is but try this and it will work.  Test emailed and replied to my Gmail account and all is good with using this email client for Comcast email.  After confirming it works deleted the "Connect" app and have not looked back.  Hopefully they created something similar for you iPhone and iPad users.  But try that I believe you will be very pleased!...;-)

Contributor

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails-SOLVED!!!! -- "PROPOSED SOLUTION IS UNACCEPTABLE"

Idinpa, Sorry I now realize that "solved" in your title is a reply to another post which is incorrect and misleading.  Abandoning the app is not solving the problem.  Not a very good solution from my viewpoint.

Contributor

AM3bulldog,  Thanks for clarifying.  I have used your solution before but it does not fix the app.  For users that are archiving emails and accessing email folders and using other features in the app it does not work.  It is merely a band aid to get users throught this until a real solution is found.  Thanks for sharing, but I would change your title.

New Poster

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails-SOLVED!!!!---Different APP MAKES IT WORK!

Philipj,

I am an IT professional that has worked with computers at a high level for 25 years.  The App I proposed to try I think you will see will display all from Comcast folders and past emails.  Just give that client a try and see if your frustration of not receiving the emails will go away.  This Comcast "Connect" app has always been a bit sketchy on phones.  From a computer it seems to work alright without issue  using the Web interface.  My understanding of this reason for this forem is that people were trying to find a way to get to their email.  My solution address that and removes all frustration of a problematic app.  In fact this can also be used with almost any email app so if you have multiple emails you can set some of them on here as well. 

Give it a try...I think you will be surprised that it is that easy to now get email instead of the frustration we have all been experiencing with the non-functional "Connect" app 90% of the time.

Am3Bulldog

Regular Contributor

Am3bulldog: on the voice features for the app it’s more than just messages. Other features like notifications on your phone when calls come to your Comcast land line, call history logs, etc. Just nice / convenient stuff to have that actually works on the App LOL!
Regular Contributor

Am3bulldog: As a side note I searched for that email client app you referenced in the Apple App Store, both by App name and developer name and it wasn’t there so maybe only available for Android.
Contributor

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails-SOLVED!!!!---Different APP MAKES IT WORK!

Am3bulldog,  Thanks again for clarifying the app you are suggesting.  My only experience is with the email client installed on my samsung phone.  That works, just does not seem to have all the functionality.  And it certainly lacks the features that Idinpa has pointed out that seem to work well.  I have checked out your suggested app (and I see that there are many others to choose from) but I am a bit skeptical.  The reviews seemed to be at both extremes with some users describing strange issues.  I also feel a bit  uncomfortable with potential security issues.  I see other temporary solutions that might work better for me, including switching to another email account.  Anyway,  since the latest update it seems to be working better than it has in months.  Too early for me to say it's "solved".  I would like to give it a little more time and see more users give a thumbs up.  I also will look at the latest reviews in the play store to get a feeling for how the update is being received. 

Regular Contributor

Since turning background refresh off for the App earlier today my email seems to be working fine again. I shouldn’t have to do this but If that’s all it takes for email to work as it should I can easily live with it. I only wish this fix would work for the rest of you folks having problems.
New Poster

Updates to my experience:  I have now upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus and restored it.  I have updated everything to the latest versions (IOS, Xfinity Connect, etc.).  I have re-checked to make sure that the background refresh is still turned off - and it is.  The problem with the app notifying my on my home screen that I have new emails, yet me trying to actually open the emails and having a failure continues...  I am fed up with this.  I have set all my Comcast/Xfinity emails to auto forward to another email system and I get them there instead.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats