Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity connect app will not open emails

Regular Contributor

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails

same thing for me -2 days now ????????????????

New Poster

You would think with all the problems members are having with Xfinity Connect APP that xfinity support would fix there app. especially since your not the only one having the problem so there is nothing wrong with anyone account its the APP and Xfinity needs to fix it. i been having the exact same problems.. it was working fine then all of a sudden wouldnt load any emails keep getting the spinning icon trying to load the email. then recently just started working fine for the last week now once again the connect app wont load any emails again which started yesterday again 1-26-18.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problems with my Windows 10 desktop using Chrome and trying to acess email with the Xfinity website. Using the Xfinity Connect Android app today shows no new messages since November 2017. 

New Poster

I've had the same problem since Oct 2017.  I was told no one else reported the problem.  Like you the response has been to reinstall the app, and it only works for a few minutes. Most folks I've talked with said it might be a conflict with another app.  In early January, I got a standard email from Xfinity/comcast that they had a patch for a connectivity problem, but that didn't help  Have you found the cause?  Thanks very much.

New Poster

This app socks - iPhone 6S (AT&T); iPhone 7 (Comcast); Galazy S7 (Comcast) - same exact experience as everyone else has. No email updates; unable to connect - doesn't matter if they are on wifi, LTE, 4G.  sometimes, simply closing and reopening the app helps, but usually the only fix is rebooting the phones - Trust me, Xfinity does not give a bleep if the app works or not - - - all they want is your money. The app is free - not skin off theie nose if you don't use it.

New Poster

I have the same problem. After restarting my phone, and re-installing the app, now it says the server is not responding and won't load my email at all. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Contributor

I have the same problem and have complained numerous times over the last several months
New Poster

Mine is doing the same legit have to power down to get new emails and update to delete
Regular Visitor

Having the exact same issue since the update. Repeatedly either turn off and back on my iPhone or iPad or uninstall and reinstall the app and the emails will now load but within a day - it happens again - this has been going on since the update in October -can’t believe Comcast hasn’t fixed this 

Regular Visitor

Well if has gone from bad to worse - both my iPhone and iPad are stuck in the spinning wheel mode - this is the first  time,however, that either and/or

@ wrote:

philipj, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app?

both actions of turning off my device(s) or uninstalling / reinstalling the Xfinity Connect App did not temporarily “fix” loading my  email messages. And it is also now not working when accessing my account online ( not using the Xfinity connect app). FIX THIS COMCAST!!!!!! I have no issues with other apps after the IOS upgrades although now there may simply be something wrong with the Xfinity email system - not just when using the connect app.

Frequent Visitor

Same as everyone else... This app blows. It never loads emails. It is completely useless... which in turn makes my Comcast service useless. If I can't have email on my phone... There is no point to it. It appears Comcast doesn't care as this is an ongoing issue. I think it is a Comcast email server issue. My desktop and laptop sometimes take forever also but the app always does. Comcast needs to fix this problem or we will be leaving Comcast completely (phone, internet, and cable) and I think many others will as well. Time to fix these server issues.
Contributor

Back to issues on my email access using Chrome browser.  Always a dfferent problem. Today I can't download message content.  See error message screenshot.

2018-02-15 (2).png
Contributor

Tried to open emails using Microsoft Edge and got a slightly different error message.  Clearly an issue with the server.

2018-02-15 (3).png
New Poster

Is there any reason Comcast can’t fix this issue? Is it stuck with tech support in India or the Phillipined or wherever or is it actually being escalated to someone who knows how to solve issues and not just to tell you to restart your phone or reinstall the app?
New Poster

This is happening to. E right now. It’s been going on for two days. What do I do???
Regular Visitor

I am extremely frustrated by this intermittent problem where the wheel spins when I go to open my email and says that I do not have Internet. I clearly do as my other apps all work fine. When it finally lets me in, I can see the emails, but can’t open them. In addition, all deleted emails come back, so I have a ridiculous number (in the thousands)
all of the time!
Contributor

Just received email, text below.  I would guess this is part of the solution to our intermittent problems.  About time it's being addressed. They have probably been working in this transition for quite awhile.

"We have been migrating to a new email server platform designed to provide you a better, more reliable experience. Unfortunately, as part of the transition, some of our customers might have experienced interruptions to their email service over the past week.

If you experienced any interruptions to your Xfinity email service, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We know you rely on access to your email, and any time without it can be frustrating. We are just about complete with our migration and expect our customers to have a better experience with the new platform.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements to bring you better service and, as always, thank you for your business and for choosing Xfinity.

Sincerely,
Noam Raffaelli
Senior Vice President, Network & Communications Engineering'
New Poster

It's February 21 2017 and I have the same problem every day.

New Poster

February 21 2018 not 2017 ... Still a problem