New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity connect app will not open emails

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 7

For some time now I have had an intermittent issue with emails unable to open in the connect app.  The wheel just keeps spinning and email won't open.  Now it is doing the same thing when the inbox is refreshing, just keeps spinning. Seems to be some sort of problem with connecting to server.  All my other apps seem to work fine, so I have a good internet connection.  I opened a support chat and agent did some sort of refresh that they said would sync my account with the servers.  Worked fine for a few minutes, now it's back to the old ways.  I have been using this app for years and never saw this problem before. Am I the only person seeing this?  Indications from the reviews of the app in Google Play are that many others may be having this problem. 

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 7

philipj, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 7
Yes, tried uninstalling in and reinstalling, ensuring up to date version, tried different settings. Nothung seems to change.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 7

Did delete and re added. How many times must this be done, problem still exists and I have to delete and add many times????????

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 7
I have the same issue. To get it to work for awhile I have to shut phone on and off. Frustrating.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 7

So it's time for an update.  This problem seems to manifest itself in many ways.  The emails are opening! Yay!  However I am getting very long delays with the connection to the server to download the emails.  Just keeps spinning for a long time.  Some emails take hours to show up.  This seems to be a problem on my desktop as well.  Getting error messages at times that the server cannot be found.  Something is going on out there or something has changed.  Somebody needs to check the syncing or access to the servers because it's gone way downhill.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

I apologize that this issue still persists philipj,

I would like to review your profile to ensure that everything is setup correctly. Would you please message me verifying your account with the phone number and address. Once I have this information I can begin investigating. Thank You

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon