Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity connect app will not open emails

Frequent Visitor

xfinity connect app will not open emails

For some time now I have had an intermittent issue with emails unable to open in the connect app.  The wheel just keeps spinning and email won't open.  Now it is doing the same thing when the inbox is refreshing, just keeps spinning. Seems to be some sort of problem with connecting to server.  All my other apps seem to work fine, so I have a good internet connection.  I opened a support chat and agent did some sort of refresh that they said would sync my account with the servers.  Worked fine for a few minutes, now it's back to the old ways.  I have been using this app for years and never saw this problem before. Am I the only person seeing this?  Indications from the reviews of the app in Google Play are that many others may be having this problem. 

Official Employee

Re: xfinity connect app will not open emails

philipj, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Yes, tried uninstalling in and reinstalling, ensuring up to date version, tried different settings. Nothung seems to change.
Regular Visitor

Did delete and re added. How many times must this be done, problem still exists and I have to delete and add many times????????

New Poster

I have the same issue. To get it to work for awhile I have to shut phone on and off. Frustrating.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

So it's time for an update.  This problem seems to manifest itself in many ways.  The emails are opening! Yay!  However I am getting very long delays with the connection to the server to download the emails.  Just keeps spinning for a long time.  Some emails take hours to show up.  This seems to be a problem on my desktop as well.  Getting error messages at times that the server cannot be found.  Something is going on out there or something has changed.  Somebody needs to check the syncing or access to the servers because it's gone way downhill.

Official Employee

I apologize that this issue still persists philipj,

I would like to review your profile to ensure that everything is setup correctly. Would you please message me verifying your account with the phone number and address. Once I have this information I can begin investigating. Thank You

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem on my phone for the last couple days. The only way it stops spinning and downloads message is if I turn off WiFi and rely on 4g. I have reinstalled app, no help.
Official Employee

Hello,

@philipj - The agent was trying to reach you today. Did you get a voicemail?

@Ren1 - Just for clarification, does it work fine on 4G? Do you experience this issue only when you're connected to WiFi?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I returned the call. Email is working now without any real fix. Sometimes it works for short periods and goes back to problem mode. Agent said to call back in the morning if it starts hanging up again. I expect it will.
Official Employee

@philipj - Agent escalated your issue to the email engineering team, it's going to take some time but it's the highest level of escalation. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have tried testing a couple times and seems to have no delay loading messages when on 4g and long "spinning" wait on wifi even though all other apps working fine on wifi.
Frequent Visitor

I have been able to send screenshots of the problem and they are now looking at it.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity connect app has to be deleted and re added to receive emails constantly! 

Updated to current standards but problem continues!!!! 

May at think about moving to different email and email app,

??????????

Official Employee

@Ren1 - Do you experience any issues with the internet connection in general? Have you tried to test the app on a different WiFi network? Maybe at work or friend's house? 

@clentin - Are you experiencing a delay with receiving emails? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am experiencing same delay on other wifi. And today I did experience delay on 4g as well. Hard to gauge sometimes since I don't know when messages are already downloaded or not.
Official Employee

@Ren1 - One more question for you, do you experience a delay when you check email on the website? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

When I go to chrome and go to my inbox here....https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/. The messages open immediately. I then went back to app and same exact message spun for over a minute and didn't load.
Official Employee

@Ren1 - Could you please send me a screenshot of the app (Inbox)? I need it for the further escalation. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Every time I get a new email, I can see it in preview but when I go to the app, I get "Error No Network could be detected. Please make sure you are connected and try again [102002]", click OK and the same error message pops up.

I have done the usual troubleshooting - power-cycle the phone (which sometimes works), remove and reinstall , etc.

Obviously, this is an issue experienced by multiple users and the fix is not an account- or device- specific fix and Comcast needs to identify the cause and fix for everyone, not just the users who report the issue on the forum.

What's the point of having a mobile app to read my emails if I can't read them?

Frequent Visitor

Quick update.  My email has been working much better.  One of the suggestions from support staff at Comcast was to go in and clear cache and cookies on the chrome browser.  If I understood correctly the chrome browser is used by the app to open some emails that link to the browser to download some ot the email contents.  Not sure if this helps anyone else but I am trying to make sure the browser has all the pages closed when I am done with them and also closing the connection to Facebook on the browser which may help keep conflicts from arising.  Hope this might be helpful for others.  So far so good for me.  Comcast support has been great trying to help me through this.  It becomes more challenging when these problems are intermittent.

New Poster

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. Happens all day long. The only way to get around it, is, after a see the error message is to restart the phone. But it will happen again. Happens anywhere. 4G or on WiFi. It’s VERY frustrating and have tried deleting the app and reinstalling. No help. Hey Comcast, please get this fixed. Obviously, many people are experiencing the same thing. This wasn’t happening with earlier versions.
Official Employee

Hello all,

@cfichot @Coudurier1956 - My apologies for the inconvenience. Could you please tell what devices do you use? 

@philipj - Thank you so much for sharing this information. I greatly appreciate it and I hope you won't experience any issues in the future. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

iPhone 6s

iOS 10.3.2

New Poster

And I should also note that when the error displays, there's no way to get out of it. You click "OK" and it just keeps popping up, so once the error is received there is only one way (power-cycle the phone) to go back to being able to use the other parts of the app which are functioning.

Official Employee

@cfichot - Have you tried to double push a Home button on your iPhone and slide the app up?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

No, I haven't tried that. It sounds like it requires some amount of coordination and I'm not sure what the end result would be as it doesn't sound like it would resolve the root issue.

I wouldn't have to do anything if the app functioned correctly.

Official Employee

@cfichot - It actually closes the app so instead of restarting your phone every time you can just close the app. It's going to save you at least 3 minutes. When did you start getting the error messages? Does it happen every time when you get a new email? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have gotten used to ignoring my comcast emails on my phone, so it's not bothering me that it locks up the mobile app. I just want the issue fixed, I don't need work-arounds.

I don't know when it started but it's been going on for the better part of a year.

It doesn't happen every time I get an email. I received the email with your reply to this without any issue, but that was because I had power-cycled the phone earlier.

You have the error code. Is there a reason that your engineers can't research what would produce that specific error code and/or use the same hardware/software as everyone on here who is reporting this issue (which is obviously wide-spread) and try to reproduce the issue?

Please let me know what other information you need from me in ONE posting, so I don't have to keep going with this back-and-forth.

Official Employee

@cfichot - The error message that you get has a description "Error No Network could be detected. Please make sure you are connected and try again". You are not getting a latency or a spinning circle as other users reported in this thread. Not each issue with the XFINITY Connect app is related to each other. There are different devices, operational systems, email servers, and etc. In your case, you get a message that there is basically no internet connection, it doesn't mean anything else. I cannot duplicate this issue on my iPhone. Based on your answers I ask you additional questions that I need for the escalation. 

Are you experiencing any issues with checking your email on the website? Please provide the XFINITY Connect app version you have on your phone, last time the issue occurred (approximately), and I will escalate it further. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I’ve been having the issue too. And yes I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It didn’t fix anything
Official Employee

Hi, bemmrich - What exact issue are you experiencing? What device do you use? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am new to this thread. I’m having same issue as everyone else described previously. Have tried everything everyone else have tried. I have an iPhone 7 and after deleting and reinstalling Connect app problem still exists. Once I leave house and leave my own xfinity internet it seems to work. It has to be an xfinity home internet issue. Verizon told me today it’s not the phone or on their end.
New Poster

I have been having the same problems with the Xfinity connect app.

New Poster

cfichot wrote:

I am having the same issue. Every time I get a new email, I can see it in preview but when I go to the app, I get "Error No Network could be detected. Please make sure you are connected and try again [102002]", click OK and the same error message pops up.

I have done the usual troubleshooting - power-cycle the phone (which sometimes works), remove and reinstall , etc.

Obviously, this is an issue experienced by multiple users and the fix is not an account- or device- specific fix and Comcast needs to identify the cause and fix for everyone, not just the users who report the issue on the forum.

What's the point of having a mobile app to read my emails if I can't read them?

I have had similar issues for some time now.

New Poster

philipj wrote:

Quick update.  My email has been working much better.  One of the suggestions from support staff at Comcast was to go in and clear cache and cookies on the chrome browser.  If I understood correctly the chrome browser is used by the app to open some emails that link to the browser to download some ot the email contents.  Not sure if this helps anyone else but I am trying to make sure the browser has all the pages closed when I am done with them and also closing the connection to Facebook on the browser which may help keep conflicts from arising.  Hope this might be helpful for others.  So far so good for me.  Comcast support has been great trying to help me through this.  It becomes more challenging when these problems are intermittent.

I use Safari and have the same problems with the Connect app.

New Poster

ComcastElla wrote:

@cfichot - The error message that you get has a description "Error No Network could be detected. Please make sure you are connected and try again". You are not getting a latency or a spinning circle as other users reported in this thread. Not each issue with the XFINITY Connect app is related to each other. There are different devices, operational systems, email servers, and etc. In your case, you get a message that there is basically no internet connection, it doesn't mean anything else. I cannot duplicate this issue on my iPhone. Based on your answers I ask you additional questions that I need for the escalation. 

Are you experiencing any issues with checking your email on the website? Please provide the XFINITY Connect app version you have on your phone, last time the issue occurred (approximately), and I will escalate it further. 

I am using an iphone 6s.  the Connect app is the only thing not working properly on my phone

New Poster

It’s not our WiFi, it’s your app
Frequent Visitor

I’m also having the same problem and have signed out also deleted app and reloaded. Has not fixed it.