New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voice2go not working

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3

Recently, voice2go stopped working on my iphone 6.  When a call comes in on the house phone, my cell phone vibrates but does not ring.  I went to the setup in voice and found this on Advanced Call Forwarding:  Sorry, there was a problem retrieving your Advanced Call Forwarding settings.  Contact Comcast Customer Care with following message - No SNS phone number configured.  I called yesterday morning - Saturday - and was on the phone with a tech for nearly an hour. At this point, I was becoming very frustrated and told him if he couldn't help me, transfer me to someone who could.  I told him my wife has cancer and is in Hospice.  I have nurses, and others calling me all the time and I am missing calls because it will not ring.  Finally he told me to punch *72 and hung up.  I tried that and nothing happened.  I called back and talked with Alex and after resetting my moden and other things, he told me he was writing a ticket #CR718901580 and it would take 2 to 3 hours to fix the problem.  I gave him my cell number and he told me they would call when it was fixed.  No call back.  I checked the setup again on Saturday afternoon at 4:36pm and found this message this time:  Advanced Call Forwarding settings are currently unavailable. I checked again this morning and the same message is there.  It previously worked and I could take calls on my cell phone that had come in over my house phone number, but stopped a few days ago.  I have reset my cell phone 2 times.  After I reset it and call my cell phone number, it will ring.  After this when I call it, it just vibrates.  At this ;point, I am at a loss as what to do.  Obviously, the techs can't help so who can?  Comcast just raised my monthly bill from $208 to $230 a month and this is the service I get for that amount of money.  I just talked with my neighbor and she has AT&T.  She is happy with her service so maybe it is now time for me to make the switch.  Can anyone out there give me some help?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 3

I wanted to give an update.  I received a call from a young lady today and she worked with me to resolve the problem.  It was actually my cell phone.  Somehow, my volume had been turned off, explaining why it would vibrate but not ring.  She stepped me through several items before we got to the volume.  She had me to turn the volume off and back on.  Then she had me to turn the volume all the way down and back up.  After doing this, she called me and my cell phone rang.  I have since checked the Advanced Call Forwarding settings and it now shows the three numbers that are linked.  Kudos to this young lady for staying with me until we got it resolved and to Comcast for employing some wonderful people.  Now, if they would just do something with their call center.  Can't they see they are driving people away because of the frustration caused by these people.  None of the three people I spoke with could speak good english.  I have lost a good part of my hearig and that really compounds the problem.  I am not a prejuduce person and do not mean to belittle these folks in any way.  I spent 21 years in the military service and served with many different nationalities and I respect them all.  Come on Comcast, spend part of the increase you just added on and hire some qualified people.  I would love to talk with their CEO.  He writes a pretty story on the Comcast website, but did you notice he never put his email address of phone number on it?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi RustyJC, thank you for confirming your resolution on this issue. I you need any further assistance in the future please reach out to us via phone, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, or here through forums. If you would like to leave feedback for our corporate department please click on this link. Have a good evening. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon