Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voice2go doest not work on cellular network

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 10

i have a comcast triple play and my voice 2go appdoes not want me to make any call through cellular network it work on wifi and i am using tmobile apple 7 plus 10.3.1 is ios i see a red dot instead of green and i am getting a error code of 102902 call failure

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 10

Hello monil9754. I can help with Voice2go not working on your mobile phone.

Have you tried to completely uninstall and re-install the XFINITY Connect app to retest?

Also just to be sure, you stated you are able to make calls when you connect over WiFi - correct?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I am facing this exact sample problem. I am on T-Mobile network and I use an iPhone 6. I would like add that other VoIP clients do work on my phone. Whenever I am on mobile network I have the red dot next to my number and When I force to make a call I get a 102902 error back. But the Xfinity connect app works when I am on a WiFi network. This has been happening for the past 2 months. I have complained to xfinity customer service and of no avail. There are atleast 3 tickets with this issue for me. I have tried reinstalling the app numerous times and it never works in LTE. I have tried installing from WiFi and from Mobile network. Every form of trial and error including superstitious stuff were tried. The app simply refuses to work on Mobile network. Pls fix the app and release a new version.

Comcast Triple Play Customer

Kartik

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 10
I too am having issues with voice2go app. This was probably this most excited I have been about comcast for years. I have tried everything to just set it up. First they say you need voice as part of your service for your cell to call and receive text's, as to save money on cell charges. Got that, app doesn't work. Then you need unlimited voice, got that..app doesn't work. I have removed and reinstalled app 3X's, called customer service 4X's, tried it on a tablet, app doesn't work. Now I have all these features I don't need when I could have spent less money and upped my data plan on my cell. Go comcast!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 5 of 10
Hello,

I am t-mobile customer and cannot make calls using connect app on mobile network. It works on wifi. This is t-mobile network specific problem. It was fixed few months back after 3 months follow up but the fix lasted for 2days.
Worst customer service from xfinity
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 6 of 10

Still does not work.  It has been months.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 10

Works if I connect to a vpn. Almost seems like comcast is blocking t-mobile data. As soon as I connect to vpn, the dot turns green. Of course WiFi works. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 10
Nope. I just tried connecting to VPN unlimited app and it still does not work. Which von app are you using?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 10

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 10
Instead of moving frustrated customers forum post , fix issues that your customers face. Dumba**