Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

email app on phone very unreliable

New Poster

email app on phone very unreliable

Email works fine on home computer and on iPad. Have Xfinity app on my phone and it works only intermittently. Often it just spins and spins when I try to open a message, or the screen goes blank altogether. My phone is a Samsung (Sprint), but friends with iPhones and on other networks have told me they have trouble also. When I am out with just my phone, I essentially do not have email.

Official Employee

Re: email app on phone very unreliable

Hi lle49. I can assist with the XFINITY Connect app issues. 

I just need a little more information: 

When the app does not work, are you getting an error message? 

When the app spins and goes blank, is that only in the section trying to view an email?

Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Same problem on LG V10 Cell. How to fix? Screen goes black, stops.
Regular Visitor

Same problem on my new iPhone SE.  App takes a while trying to refresh, and eventually comes back saying there is no network connection (but there is).  If I shut down the phone and reboot it works okay for a while...then loses the network again.

Pretty frustrating.

Contributor

I’ve had the same problem for months (iPhone 7). I’ll often get error messages, one right after another that says no network connection. I close out all of the error messages and and pull down the screen to refresh mail and it just spins endlessly. Only way to fix it is to shut down the app by swiping it off the screen (no need to turn phone off) and then restart the app and it works okay but just for that one time. Every time I see a new email has come in I have to close out the app completely and then restart it again. It’s extremely aggravating. I started using this app several years ago and it worked like a charm so somewhere along the way either comcast messed up an update to the app or an update was missed. That’s the only conclusion I can come to since both iPhone and non iPhone users are all experiencing the same kind of problems.
Contributor

I should have also added that deleting and adding the app back again does NOT fix the problem.
Frequent Visitor

My wife's Iphone 5S running IOS 10.3 first and  now 11.0.3 has this problem as well. Sometimes it says it can't refresh and other times the emails are visible but she can't access without closing app and rebooting phone. What is the solution?

Regular Visitor

Same issue on iPhone 6S running iOS 11.0.3.

I've also observed that sometimes message in the iPhone Inbox show "No Recipient" with no preview and that when the iPhone app DOES work, the previews are slow to download.

It seems like this issue started right after the recent changes that were made to the Xfinity Connect browser based email.

Regular Contributor

My connect app is very very slow to load new messages or email content upon opening app, and messages often do not load until I open app. Needs to be fixed for sure.
New Poster

Yes, it is very slow to open...download...wait, wait, wait!!!