New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity connect, iPhone app and email not loading

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity connect, iPhone app and email not loading

Both iPad and iphone appear to not load properly over the past few months. Weirdly I get the notifications on the iPad with part of the messages, I get the red number indicator on the app but can’t load the actual emails quickly at all. Very frustrating thinking of ditching my Comcast address and going full on gmail . This is at home with WiFi right there, work etc. so it’s not a signal issue. Have tried reloading app no success. Grrr
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity connect, iPhone app and email not loading

Hello nickyvt, in most cases emails loading slowly is due to a poor internet connection or the app may not be reading your credentials correctly. Have you tried loading your mail on another device such as a laptop/desktop using a 3rd party email client or directly from the website? Do you have more than one username on your account, and if so do the others load slow or experience similar issues? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have the same issue that is going on for the last 2 years, since earlier versions of IoS! Observations: when app loads it often says "invalid" credentials"; even more often is says "no network can be detected", all these in a strong Wi-Fi zone, at home or at work!

Most frustrating, when the app runs it can only retrieve emails ONCE, then goes into endless retrieval loop, the wheel is spinning but nothing gets loaded unless I unload the app from memory and start from scratch. Reminicent of a poorly designed app with memory leaks!

Using Outlook for IoS or any other mail client works just fine so it has to be this app.

I wish Xfinity Comcast engineers did a regular software design, quality review and thorough testing before releasing this app into the App Store...  

Official Employee

AXB, the app only retrieves the mail at once due to the app not running in the back ground of your equipment. When you access the app, it will load all mail at that time because the credentials are not being read properly or you could also be signed into the email address in another place which the app will still have problems reading your credentials which will delay delivery of your email. Do you have another username on the account to test this issue with?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the exact same problem, and have written emails to Xfinity for months. Have never gotten a reply, nor is the problem fixed. Nearly every day I have to delete the app and reinstall. It works for a day then goes right back to not loading. What’s going on?

Official Employee

Hello @rc44. I can assist in troubleshooting these issues you are encountering when using the XFINITY Connect app. Please send me a private message and include a bit more about your mobile device:

iPhone version:

IOS version:

XFINITY Connect version:

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. It is the same where ever I go, no matter what speed on the app either on my phone or iPad. It loads fine when I use the main site on a desktop.

i don’t have any other sign in usernames. The app worked fine until a couple of months ago.?

Frequent Visitor

Yes. Exactly what happens to me. Error messages, not loading on all iOS devices. Oddly enough I get the message notifications with partial messages on my home screen but still when I go to the app it gives me the bloody circle. Sometimes if I close it out and sign in I can load it. Sometimes......

the point of app is convenience..... not so much and I see many others with same issue.

Official Employee

Hi nickyvt, I can help you get this issue resolved as well. Can you please send me a private message with the following information? 

iPhone version:

IOS version:

XFINITY Connect version:

Comcast Username

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

How do I do that?

Official Employee

To send a private message, click on my name 'ComcastJoeTru', then click on 'private message me', and send the information in a private message .

Hi nickyvt, I can help you get this issue resolved as well. Can you please send me a private message with the following information? 

iPhone version:

IOS version:

XFINITY Connect version:

Comcast Username

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.