Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity connect app not working after IOS 11

Regular Visitor

Xfinity connect app not working after IOS 11

My xfinity connect app, email in particular, has been problematic for the past several weeks.  I have an iphone 6S, running IOS 11.2.2, issue started previously with ios 11 installation. My wife's iphone was working fine, but on installation of IOS 11.2.1 started having the same intermittent issues.

The connect app will work fine for a while, then stop working and only work properly again if I turning my phone off then back on.  When it isn't working, I get a notification (I wasn't getting notifications for a while, but that seems to be resolved), but messages do not load, only headers.  Sometimes I get an error message "No network could be detected...102002".

I have:

1) Uninstalled/Reinstalled the connect app multiple times

2) Reinstalled my iphone operating system

3) Reset network settings (multiple times)

Again, it is intermittent, though hasn't worked for more than a few hours at a time for a very long time.

What's going on?  Any suggestions. 

Contributor

Re: Xfinity connect app not working after IOS 11

I’ve had the same problem for a long time. I deleted the app for a month, down loaded it just today and still has the same problems. I’ve made it known to Comcast many times with no results. The app is worthless on my phone
New Poster

I have the same problem with my iPhone and ipad. Any word on getting this resolved?
New Poster

I too have been having this for the last few weeks. Usually I hit OK twice and the mail starts flowing without any further errors. As long as I keep the Xfinity app in the background I receive no more errors. But when I fully close it, the error will probably return. It is intermittent. Irritating it is!

Official Employee

@Rmastroianni and @BriBones

If you are still experiencing issues with emails on the Connect app, please reach out in a private message verifying your account info, as this is an issue that needs to be investigated by our advanced techs. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the following information:

Your first and last name

Account number or Phone number on the account

The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yeah same thing going on my iPhone 8, xfinity app. I am getting error 490 mostly and also error 102099. I did call and talked to customer service and she told me that the company that makes the app is currently working on it. It’s been at least 2 to 3 weeks ago. Told her to have them look at the reviews in the Apple store cause everyone it bashing the app and Comcast/Xfinity. She thanked me for the heads up but haven’t heard back from them
Official Employee

Hi Lilgroovy, 

Thanks for reaching out. That's correct. Because this is still being investigated, the only thing we can do on our end is create a ticket detailing your experience so we can get this information to the team working on the resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this fixed soon. We appreciate everyone's patience. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I’m Soooooo HAPPY!!! it worked lol Thank you so much for your help. I deleted the app shut off the phone then reinstalled app and error 490 did not appear *sigh*
Regular Visitor

Grrrrrrrrr lol I spoke too soon Smiley Sad after I went back to e mail the error 490 appeared. Oh well hopefully if we get enough tickets about error 490 and 102099 it will get fixed soon
Official Employee

Hello @all

I wanted to reach out and let everyone know that this is a known issue that our engineers and Apple is aware of. We are actively working to get this resolved in the next update that should be released soon, however, we do not have an ETA. We appreciate everyone's patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.