Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

Obviously, it is just not me. We all have the same problem. Why doesn't Comcast acknowledge there is an issue and  say they are working on a patch? Lets face it, this is not a one off problem with me or a few other users. 

I realize you are doing the best you can but, it is a huge annoyance to customers that Comcast has made ZERO progress for weeks in solving this problem. To make it worse, the issue gets escalated and then goes in to the "black hole". It has been a week and I have received no info and you dont see any updates either. Do you have the ability to follow up with the escalation team? It is frustrating and it appears that Comcast does not feel the need to communicate with its customers or provide an update.

Comcast is tone deaf and that is what is disappointiing!

New Poster

Add me to the list very unstable Xfinity connect it worked great for years and now if I leave it idle in background too long it will not refresh unless I reboot my phone. The uninstall reinstall reboot is all his Sh!”t. Fix it already!
Contributor

The response and progress, or lack thereof, is beyond staggering. It’s been two months since I started this thread and all we’ve received is “send me a private message,” “use another device, “we’re looking into it,” or “it’s been escalated.” It’s the Comcast shell game. This company is beyond pathetic.
Official Employee

This is a bug affecting multiple customers. In order to have your issues resolved, we will have to escalate this to the Advanced Repair team. If you haven't already, send me your account info and I will have it escalated.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

And Comcast made me feel like it was just my phone. I’m glad to fave found this forum. Service has historically been horrible. Google fiber en route to our area. No longer will Comcast be the only provider
New Poster

I’ve been working with someone in the “escalation department “ for a week with NO RESOLUTION. The app is NOT working at all. I get nothing and I have no interest in repeating the same diagnostic test several times a day. Ridiculous
New Poster

Advanced Repair Team no help either.... how unfortunate
Contributor

Kristi20 wrote:
Google fiber en route to our area. No longer will Comcast be the only provider

I had two Verizon Fios guys working my neighborhood last weekend trying to sign up new customers and I didn't have time to talk with them.  I'm so regretting it.   

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Official Employee

Hello All, 

This issue is affecting several other iPhone users. Advanced repair has requested additional information from anyone still experiencing this problem. To have your issues investigated please send your account information, and I can provide you with the information needed for further investigation. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Hello all. I too am having problems. This app worked great for years. But since the summer, it has been very unreliable. I can't remember exactly when, but I moved from an Iphone 6s to an Iphone 7 close to when it began so I assume that it doesn't like the Iphone7. (Another thing that happened over the summer was a trip out of the country where I had to change a bunch of settings for my Verizon wireless plan, but I carfully restored all of those to their original settings.)  I usually - but not always - get proper notifications of new emails, but can't always access them. The problems are: 1. When I open the app the refresh circle spins super-fast but new emails don't load. 2. I occasionally open the app to an error message "no network detected / 102002) 3. I realize I haven't seen any notifications in a while so I open the app only to see I have been logged out! Incidentally, the built-in apple email app works fine! Just the Xfinity connect is bad.

New Poster

another person with same issue.   just keeps getting worse.    this app worked great for years, now terrible

New Poster

I upgraded iPhone and iPad yesterday to IOS 11.2.1. Suddenly tonight the xfinity connect app won’t download emails. Please fix the app, Comcast!

New Poster

Won’t even send messages-I get a pop up that says, ‘unable to get a stable connection with the server’

Regular Visitor

There is an updated app

The new connect app now appears to be working.  I am now receiving phone calls

App does need to be running in background.

Official Employee

Great! I'm happy we've got that figured out. Thanks for your patience while we figure things out. If there's anything more I can assist you with, please feel free to reach out.

Happy Holidays! 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

The app shouldn’t need to be running in the background for it to work. It didn’t need to be before this issue. Isn’t that what push notifications are for? My iOS mail app alerts me as do news and other apps with push notifications when they’re closed. I tested it tonight and it only works when open. Nothing has changed.
Official Employee

Hi richphilly, 

We've been doing some troubleshooting with our app engineers due to the number of users who are having this problem. After working with them, we have confirmed the app does need to be running in the background in order to receive your notifications. Depending on the number of apps you have running in the background, and or memory being used, that will interfere with notifications from the Connect app. That is not the cause of the problem but can contribute to it. There was an update release over the past couple of days.

Please delete the current app, turn your phone off for about 1-2 minutes, turn your phone back on and re-install the Connect app.

Once installed, please leave it running in the background and try making an incoming call to see if you receive your notifications. Let me know if this helps or not.

Thanks in advance. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I’ve already downloaded the newly released app and can confirm that even with it open in the background I’m still not getting notifications. I got a call about 30 minutes ago on my landline and there was no notification on my iPhone. Regardless, why does the app now need to be running for it to work? It didn’t before. Am I misunderstanding the functionality of push notifications? My push notifications work on my email and other apps when closed.
New Poster

Thanks, Rich I did do that. Turns out my inability to get emails was due to Comcast’s nation-wide email server issues a couple of days ago. It would be great if Comcast posted a notice on it’s website when it’s email server goes down. Customers would then not have to spend their time with troubleshooting their own  devices only to find out that Xfinity already knew the issue was on their end. 

Regular Visitor

This app is getting worse with each update. I really starting to hate it. Please fix it
Frequent Visitor

Wait a minute. The old app also worked running in the backround. 

The app never required to be running in the backround previously.This is not a satisfactory fix since nothing has been resolved!

Go back to the drawing board or hire better engineers. 

Contributor

Same here.  Was working fine but stopped working on my 7+ and has never worked on my new X.  Ran flawlessy a while ago and would pop up notifications when the phone was ringing and did NOT require the app to be in the background.  Very annoying and this needs to fixed and updated like some of the other apps (also should be updated for the X so it does not look like bad.  This is a Comcast issue, stop blaming Apple.

New Poster

I just spent The last two days with Xfinity who had me call Apple to say it was an iPad issue who in turn sent me back to Xfinity. Their final comment after a couple of hours of troubleshooting was that the new 11.1 Apple system is not supported by Xfinity! I asked if they would be putting out a notice to the millions of Apple users who use “ xfinity to go “ to let them know it no longer works and she said she would escalate my complaint to the Engineering team. Wow!!!! 

New Poster

Would love to get a solution so I can see my e-mail via the connect app. I have four e-mail accounts set up with Xfinity and prior the upgrade could see and use them all on my iPhone.  I can see all four accounts, all email folders and can access all the sub folders in all of the accounts.  However, I can only access the main e-mail account.  In the PC version of my mail their is an inbox under each of the e-mail accounts.  That seems to be missing on iPhone version.  The other three accounts I cannot see the e-mail when I go to each of the those folders. The last day I could do that was 01-Nov when the upgrade hit my phone.  Hoping that their is a fix out there because I hate to have to log into each and every account to just check my e-mail.   

New Poster

I also have been experiencing the email non-load issue everyday. Been with Comcast for a very long time.  I would prefer not to have to jump around constantly to get a reliable ISP, but regretably that may be the answer based on Comcast’s application support.

Maybe the Comcast engineers should give the gmail guys a call. Their app works great and at a far less cost.

Official Employee

Hello all,

The issue being investigated in this thread are for users who are not receiving notifications after the iOS 11 update. If you are having issues with email, please create a new thread so your issues can be investigated individually and we will assist you in the order your request is received. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have tried all the options and even talk with your technical support also, I still have issue and app doesn’t work on my iPhone7 11 IOS with LTE network. However same time it’s work fine on WiFi network.can you please help to fix this issue ??
Contributor

Comcast, have you completely dropped this issue or are you just moving at your typical glacial pace? I started this thread three months ago and we're no further along than we were on day one.  The updates have been ineffective.  I tried keeping the app open in the background, despite several of us who have posted that it wasn't necessary before these issues started, but it still inactivates itself and needs to be restarted.  I don't know how long this thread needs to be before you elevate this to the proper individuals.   

Official Employee

Hi richphilly. We apologize for the ongoing issues with your use of the XFINITY Connect mobile application on your device(s). I can assist in troubleshooting your issues individually, and escalate an Advanced Repair ticket if needed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon