Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

Contributor

Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

I have the Xfinity Connect App installed on both my iPhone and iPad.  I installed the new iOS 11.02 last week to both of those devices.  Prior to the iOS upgrade, Connect worked fine on both devices even when the app was closed.  After the iOS upgrade, Connect works fine on the iPad, even when the app is closed, however, it doesn't work on the iPhone when closed, in fact, even when I leave it open in the background it seems to "sleep."   If I open the app again and place a call to my number it works, but will then again go inactive and stop working.  I reviewed the app and device settings on both devices.  All of the settings (banners, badges, sounds, background app refresh, etc.) in both the app and on both devices are on/active.  I even compared the settings between the two devices to make sure I didn't have something set differently.  Why would this work on just the iPad and not the iPhone?  I would think if it's related to iOS 11.02 it wouldn't work on either device.  Has anyone else expericend this?  

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

Hello richphilly. I can assist you with your Xfinity Connect application issues. 

Have you tried to remove/uninstall the app from your iPhone and then restart the phone, download the app, install and try again? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Yes, all of those steps, more than once. 

New Poster

So annoying! Just noticed yesterday that I am no longer receiving my voice mails from home to my iphone. Was working fine before the last software update to 11.0.3. I hope someone is working to get this fixed. I am lost without this feature!

Contributor

I'm getting more frustrated at Comcast with each passing day.  Telephone support is a joke.  They're like the "50 First Dates" of telecommunication.  Every time you call with an issue it's like the first time they've ever heard it.  I've been waiting for a follow-up to this issue for two weeks but apparently that's not happening.  They make sure those payment reminders are sent out three days before the due date though.  I should be as unresponsive with my monthly payment.  I'm about to initiate a chat with them now because my call-waiting on my land-line stopped working and the call is going directly to voicemail.  Verizon Fios is looking more and more attractive.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Tried uninstalling, rebooting the phone and reinstalling but it is still not working. Loved the app when it was working. Please fix this issue!

Official Employee

richphilly wrote: I'm getting more frustrated at Comcast with each passing day.  Telephone support is a joke.  They're like the "50 First Dates" of telecommunication.  Every time you call with an issue it's like the first time they've ever heard it.  I've been waiting for a follow-up to this issue for two weeks but apparently that's not happening.  They make sure those payment reminders are sent out three days before the due date though.  I should be as unresponsive with my monthly payment.  I'm about to initiate a chat with them now because my call-waiting on my land-line stopped working and the call is going directly to voicemail.  Verizon Fios is looking more and more attractive.

If the app works fine on another device you have then the app is not having the issue. Due to the new iOS we may have to work with Apple so that our app is compatible with their new firmware, but this is not something that can happen with a click of a button from our end. I will alert our engineers so they are aware of this problem and can work with Apple to get a fix. In the meantime please use another device for the Xfinity Connect app or you can always login online on any browser and view your account or phone details there. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Helpful response.  Not.  

Official Employee

DJL33 wrote: Helpful response.  Not.  

I have alerted our app team so that this issue can be resolved, I will update this thread once we have more information or a fix for the issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

ComcastAmir wrote:

DJL33 wrote: Helpful response.  Not.  

I have alerted our app team so that this issue can be resolved, I will update this thread once we have more information or a fix for the issue. 

Connect was not working on my iphone 6S before the iOS 11 update.  You act like this is a new problem.  It has been a problem for a very long time and I have seen no little green check marks.

New Poster

When will the problem with the app be fixed many of my email accounts haven’t loaded email since Nov 7. Fix the problem as a lot of us have apple products and we have many choices for internet email and cable tv when will this be fixed
Frequent Visitor

I’m with everyone else with this Right now the app is totally unuseful for me. Comcast, as usual, doesn’t seem  to care

New Poster

I agree they don't care. Seems as though they are not listening to anyone. It's not an apple issue either. I have android Samsung s8 and it is not working. I think we all should just quit Comcast and go with another provider with better customer service! Tired of them blaming everyone else and not fixing the issue.
New Poster

Incoming email works. Will not send email. Have Uninstaller and reinstalled. No difference.
Contributor

They're a joke.  I started this thread on October 12th and the only Comcast responses were to delete and reinstall the app and a snarky response that it's not as easy as pushing a button and to use it on another device.  It's going on six weeks and still nothing.  I should be as timely with my monthly payment.  To add a new wrinkle, even when the app is opened on my iPhone and a call comes in to my Comcast land-line, the notification doesnn't appear on my iPhone until almost 10 minutes later which is completely useless.  I'm done with these clowns.  I've been researching Verizon Fios  and am pricing packages.  I can get faster internet and more HD channels with them for $100 less per month.     

Official Employee

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for any frustrations caused with your app access. Aside from having you do the basic troubleshooting of uninstalling and re-installing the app, I have a few things I can try on my end to help restore the service. I simply want to refresh your profile to see if this helps. To do this I will need you to send me a private message with your account name, phone number, service address, and username of your profile. Once I have this information from you I can begin. Again I apologize for any frustrations caused.

Thank You

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

How are we supposed to private message you? Also, is that safe privacy-wise?

I think some of the frustration here is that the Xfinity Connect app is a big reason many of us use Voice, or even stay with Comcast for that matter.

Any Comcast developer who actually uses Comcast and the Connect app should be able to replicate this problem in a few hours.

Thank you for your help on this.
Official Employee

If on a computer you can hover your mouse over my name then select the "send message" button. By utilizing our forum private messaging you communications will be secured to Comcast Employees only.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

the delay is standard

Contributor

sethm2 wrote:

the delay is standard

No, it's not.  The Connect app should be ringing and giving visual notification on the i-Phone when the land-line is rining.  It's useless if it's not.

Frequent Visitor

I guess you do not understand sarcasmSmiley Happy

New Poster

I too have problems on both my iPhone and iPad with my email and I don't get voicemail messages from landline. My emails list and update but when I select a message to read it, the body of the email does not load. Rather it tries to load it but it never does. I then uninstall the app on both devices then reinstall. And my messages are now all loaded. But once I exit out of the app and come back in, the same problem occurs - messsge content does not load and I have to uninstall and reinstall.

Fix this!!!!

Regular Visitor

Help!!! My Xfinity Connect app has gone wonky after IOS 11 update- I have iphone 7 Plus.
Randomly crashes - must login and reload emails all over again each time
Open app to read emails- email will not load. I have to swipe away ( close app) and then request to read email again.
App does not auto load my contacts
I am ready to quit Comcast email and and move to Gmail!!
I had zero problems before the IOS 11 update.
New Poster

I have the same exact issue as Tsin. I have to do a hard reset of my phone or iPad every time I want to open the xfinity connect app & read my emails.  It is so frustrating.   

New Poster

I had the same problem and found that my Comcast.net account was missing from the accounts and passwords setting. I added it and voila, the email seems to work again without rebooting.

Contributor

Gretchendudney wrote:

I had the same problem and found that my Comcast.net account was missing from the accounts and passwords setting. I added it and voila, the email seems to work again without rebooting.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was momentarily optomistic but my Comcast.net account was already there with the user ID and password completed.     

Official Employee

Hi richphilly, 

Are you able to access your emails yet? If not, please reach out through a private message verifying your account information so I can refresh a few things on my end. Once the account is verified we can return to this public post to continue updating others on the progress of a resolution for this. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hey Tsin,

If you are still having issues, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

JGB2,

Thanks for reaching out. I will need to troubleshoot your issues further as well. Please send me a private message verifying following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hey kbpeterson,

I understand this can be frustrating. I can look furhter into this for you. Can you please verify your account information in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi richphilly, 

Are you able to access your emails yet? If not, please reach out through a private message verifying your account information so I can refresh a few things on my end. Once the account is verified we can return to this public post to continue updating others on the progress of a resolution for this. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Sent that information to ComcastMichael on 11/21, but I went ahead and sent it to you.  The whole app works when it wants. I had it open last night and received a call and it didn't work.  Today I got a couple calls and it worked. 

Official Employee

Thanks! I'm in the process of reviewing things on my end again. I was able to see your private messages with Michael to see what troubleshooting he had done. There are a few more things I'll be doing on my end, if this doesn't resolve the problem I will have to escalate to our app team for further investigation. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Does the app work for anyone with the new OS?

Comcast still has not pushed a software update! 

HELP.......COMCAST

Official Employee

Hi sethm2,

I'm not having any issues with my app. I can look further into your issue as well to see if I'm able to get it resolved or if would need to be escalated. I need to check some things on the backend of your account as well. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

sent you the info requested.

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi sethm2,

I'm not having any issues with my app. I can look further into your issue as well to see if I'm able to get it resolved or if would need to be escalated. I need to check some things on the backend of your account as well. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

I have this same issue.  App will open then close seconds later.  Tried uninstalling app, reseting iphone and the reinstalling app but did not work.  Comcast needs to fix this ASAP.  Very frustratiing and poor response to this issue.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting for your reply or acknowledgement of the info I sent you in a pm. 

Official Employee

Hey sethm2,

I have received your private message. Sorry for the delayed response, I'm just returning to the office from my weekend. Just to clarify are you having the exact same problems with your not being able to receive phone calls when the app is closed ar as described in the original op's post? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I get no notifications at all on my phone. When my home phone rings I do not get the notification on the cell. I can acess voicemail and text via the app. But i need to manually open the app to do so.

Official Employee

Ok, please take a look at my private message, I need you the verify some more personal information, please. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hey Semclaughlin,

Sorry for the experience you're having. I can review your account on the backend. For troubleshooting purposes in order to check provisioning on the backend, can you please send me a private message verifying the street address, phone number account number and your first and last name? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I have this problem as well and have been on the phone with comcast several times. today they said it was an Apple problem. It is clearly the app that needs attention. ALSO, I can not send private messages to any of the offcial employees commenting on this thread.

How can we resolve this issue?

Regular Visitor

I also have problems with incoming calls.  Sometimes I get the banner, other times I get nothing.  I too have chatted with tech support.  We are all customers of Apple and Comcast you would think someone would take ownership of this problem and correct it

Just my 2 cents

Official Employee

Hi ErikMpls,

I can investigate your issues with our Connect app. What model iPhone are you using?

In regard to sending us private messages, unfortunately, the ability to reach out to us directly through private message has been disabled to ensure each customer is assisted on a first come first serve basis. To get assistance, you have to create your own public post or do like you did in this situation since others are having the same problem to create a ticket for assistance and we will help you in the order you contacted us. 

Since we are engaging in a public post now, can you please send a private message with your account info so I can begin to check the back end of your account? I will need the following:

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

wbeinhower, 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

No. I still can not private message you on this matter. Clicking on your name does not allow me the private message option. Can you email me, or offer another solution? This is an iphone 6s running the latest ios 11.2

Official Employee

Ok ErikMpls, I'll begin looking into this. While doing so, can you verify if you have noticed any errors at all? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

No errors have come up on the app. It seems to function normally with the exception of caller ID and inbound call tracking. The app will alert me when I have voice mail and other properties seem to be functioning normally.  Additionally, I went through an extensive "process" with Apple care. They determined that this is indeed something the app developers need to address. 

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

I went through an extensive pm session with Comcast CHE and he was unable to help me. All of us have the exact same problem here.

COMCAST WAKE UP and fix the APP!!!!

I had my case escalted at the request of ComcastCHE and I received NOTHING. No help, no response and the app still only partially works. 

Not sure what the great mystry is here but, incoming calls are not acknowledged by the APP! How many more people are you going to say you can help when in reality you help no one?

Totally disgusted yet again with Comcast!

Net Neutrality is a great idea lets give these guys more power..UGH

Official Employee

sethm2,

Since you issue has been escalated, it is in the hands of the advanced repair team who is investigating this issue further. I have been checking on your escalation and have not seen any updates that they may feel the issue is resolved. As stated in our private messages, I will be sure to communicate with you and reach out once they have found the cause of your problem. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.