New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect App not working after iOS 11 install

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 3

I have the Xfinity Connect App installed on both my iPhone and iPad.  I installed the new iOS 11.02 last week to both of those devices.  Prior to the iOS upgrade, Connect worked fine on both devices even when the app was closed.  After the iOS upgrade, Connect works fine on the iPad, even when the app is closed, however, it doesn't work on the iPhone when closed, in fact, even when I leave it open in the background it seems to "sleep."   If I open the app again and place a call to my number it works, but will then again go inactive and stop working.  I reviewed the app and device settings on both devices.  All of the settings (banners, badges, sounds, background app refresh, etc.) in both the app and on both devices are on/active.  I even compared the settings between the two devices to make sure I didn't have something set differently.  Why would this work on just the iPad and not the iPhone?  I would think if it's related to iOS 11.02 it wouldn't work on either device.  Has anyone else expericend this?  

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

Hello richphilly. I can assist you with your Xfinity Connect application issues. 

Have you tried to remove/uninstall the app from your iPhone and then restart the phone, download the app, install and try again? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 3

Yes, all of those steps, more than once.