members

online now

discussions

Wrong name in the "From" field

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9

When I send someone an email from the Xfinity Connect mobile app on my phone, the wrong name is displayed in the "From" field when they receive the email. It shows the long version of my first name, and no last name. If I use the webmail version on my desktop, it works properly, but not on the mobile version. I cannot find a setting on the mobile app to change how my name is displayed (similar to the "Your name in emails will be" on the desktop version). I have spoken to multiple people from Support, and no one can help me. Help, please!

8 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 9

I am having the same issue.  What is the solution?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 9

I am having the same problem.  It is ONLY when I use the Xfinity Connect app to send an email.  HELP!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 9

Have you found a solution to this yet?  I have the same situation and tried support also  They tried to tell me there was an edit next to email in the app, but there certainly is not in the version I downloaded recently.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 9

I have a Samsung Note 5 and am using Xfinity Connect version 6.6.1 released on 7/17/17. I have the same problem of incorrect name displayed when sending email out to others. This problem is only associated with the app. The desktop web browser version of Xfinity Connect does not have the same problem. 

From my testing, it seems that once you use the mobile app to access your Xfinity Voice mail, then your outgoing email's display name will be "stuck" with the first name of your Xfinity billing account owner name. This name was created when you first used Xfinity service and cannot be updated or changed by you. Reinstalling the app or clearing the cache did not resolve the problem.

The only work around I found was to use my phone's Google Chrome browser to access Xfinity Connect email. This is not ideal, but is workable.

Hopefully Xfinity Connect App development team support is reading this and can work on a fix.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 9

Until recently I had been using the email server app that came on my Samsung Galaxy phone and tablet. They stopped working suddenly. My phone app still works if I don't have wi-fi on. For the tablet this isn't an option. Comcast had me test a few things and then agreed that somthing had changed and it could have been them but oh well. They suggested I use their Xfinity Connect app.  I think I will look for another email app.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 9

I have this same problem - when using the mobile app, the "from" name is my husband's name. I presume because the account is in his name? However on my computer, messages from me are from my name - which is correct. I've done all the edits on my computer, but can't figure out why when I send email from the mobile app the name is incorrect. Any help Xfinity?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 9

This is the exact problem I am having.  When I send email from my desktop, the From line is correct.  When I send email from my phone, it says it's from my husbland's first name, which is how the account was labelled originally, but we changed it a very long time ago.  I hesitate to send some emails from my phone because some people don't recognize that it's from me. When I called Comcast support to ask for help, the person was worse than useless.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 9
same!! i thought i was going nuts! not very professional if i am responding to an email regarding a job interview (i have to use my phone during the day for this, not my work computer, obviously) with an email that shows someone else's name!!

seriously Comcast. fix this.