Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wrong name in email on mobile app

Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 16

When I send an email it show my husbands name and not mine this started about a month or so ago.  I want my name people think my emails are from my husband.  How do I change this on the mobile app.

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 16

19de54 wrote:

When I send an email it show my husbands name and not mine this started about a month or so ago.  I want my name people think my emails are from my husband.  How do I change this on the mobile app.

Which mobile app?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 16
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 16

19de54 wrote:

xfinity connect

Who's account did you login with?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 16

I am having the same problem.  It started on the day that Comcast migrated me over to their updated email service (i.e. the day that the new web portal became available to me).  Suddenly, my FROM name on the mobile connect app defaulted to the account holder's first name (my mom) and there is no option to change it within the mobile app.  The web portal has a spot to change the FROM name, but any changes made within th web portal don't reflect in the mobile app.  No matter what I change it to in the web portal, the mobile app still displays my mom's name as the FROM name.  Very frustrating.....

I found on another thread that this is a known issue, but no fix date yet.  I wish Comcast would actually COMMUNICATE this stuff so we knew!

Adam

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 16

This just happened to me too! It chose my first name only and that's not what I want. I am still good via webmail but I can't find it in the mobile app either. Why does Comcast do this?! This is one small example of why people hate Comcast!!!!! Please post a fix if you know of one - this has only happened in the last few days or even sooner. Today is 10Oct17 and I just noticed it today.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 16
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 16

NO IT IS NOT SOLVED I JUST HIT THE WRONG BUTTON I WISH XFINITY WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 16
I have the same problem. About 6 weeks ago it started. When I send an email using the Xfinity Connect mobile app, my wife's name, who is account holder, appears in the from field of the email recipient. I spent over 3 hours of my time talking to at least 5 different people to try and resolve it. I finally got hold of a senior analyst and got him to finally admit they made a change to their app version and this is a known issue (to them). There is no eta for resolution. The only way to fix it is to go into the Xfinity local office and change the account holder's name from my wife to mine. I am so frustrated that is what I am going to do. My wife does not use Comcast email so won't be an issue for her.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 16

I wonder if it would help to deinstall the app on my phone and reinstall it so it offers me the chance to set it? Webmail is not affected, just my phone. I will never understand why Comcast does this stuff - what are they thinking?! I want to make this type decision myself!!!!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 16
This is posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Xfinity Mobile cell phone service. There's a separate forum for the Xfinity Connect app. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Connect-App/bd-p/XCA

Can someone move this thread to the correct forum?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 16

I reloaded the app and it did not help. Comcast, PLEASE fix this.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 16

Hello all,

This is a known issue and we are currently working on the resolution.  I don't have any ETA yet but as soon as I get an update - I will post it here. 

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 16

Thank you. It's really annoying. I find that if I use webmail on my Android phone, it works as I expect. It's only the app.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 15 of 16

@JCBeaches - My apologies for the inconvenience. You are correct, the issue with incorrect email display name is only related to XFINITY Connect app. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 16

Right, I knew that! That is why I posted this comment. What is the fix? You didn't address that and it would be great to know an answer.