New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wifi popup

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4
Why do I constantly have a pop up about accepting terms and conditions when I am already on home wifi?
Screenshot_20170204-102843.png
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 4

pap1 wrote:
Why do I constantly have a pop up about accepting terms and conditions when I am already on home wifi?

That error message is for accessing the public wifi spots....  are you connecting to your HOME-XXXX wifi or the xfinitywifi (public ) ????

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

This happens at home all the time and it's very annoying. I have att smart wifi and xfinity both on my pnone. Don't know if there is a conflict between the two. I also have a problem with internet connection when i am using home xfinity wifi. I had to download a DNS changer to get it to work. I have a galaxy s6 phone and i understand other's, with the same phone, have a connection problem when using xfinity home wifi. I don't think i have always had this problem with the pop up but don't know exactly when it started or why. I have stopped all notifications from these apps but pop up still there. If i choose yes it will open browser but nothing else happens, no options for me to accept or nothing.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 4

My phone says i am connected to home wifi although there is a wifi. There is another xfinity wifi too and i dont' know why it's there and have no option to take it off. I deleted the xfinity app so don't know what else to do.