Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to make calls using Connect app on 4G network

Frequent Visitor

Unable to make calls using Connect app on 4G network

I was able to make outbound calls using XFINITY Connect app's voice2go feature when not at home using 4G LTE data connection but now I can make calls only when on wifi.

Does anyone faces same problem?
Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to make calls using Connect app on 4G network

I am able to use the 4G LTE connection with the Connect app on my Android phone just fine.  The version of my Connect app is 6.4.1 and the phone I am using is a Google Pixel XL running on the Google Project Fi network.  Just trying to give you some of the specifics of what I am using the app on in order to let you know what my environment is. 

Hope this helps you out.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the post. I am on iPhone 7/ios10.2 and connect app version 6.4 (whatever is available on App Store). I always see Red dot when I am connected to LTE network on top where it shows your phone number.

May I ask which phone carrier network you are on?
Valued Contributor

The phone carrier network that my cell phone is on is the Google Project Fi network.  

The red dot beside the phone number would indicate that the number isn't active/useable, a green dot will indicate that it is good to go.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Comcast acknowledged that it is T-mobile specific issue and they are working on it for almost 3 weeks now
Valued Contributor

Glad to know the cause of the issue was determined and that it is being worked on and hope it gets resolved soon for you.  

New Poster

any updates? I am seeing the same issue

Frequent Visitor

Use any VPN app. It works with VPN