Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Connect app not receiving calls

New Poster

I am having similar problems on my I phone 7. I can Receive calls only while on Wi-Fi
Official Employee

Hi morebillions, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect app to see if that corrects you not receiving calls?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app at least 5 times in the past year, i have logged in and logged out over 10 times, i have called for help with this app numerous times and because i told the rep it worked 5% of the time he put resolved on the case,  i just got a call from comcast  and they said nothing on the phone after i hung they rebooted my modem which seems to be the resolved issue move, comcast reps are  untrained and only pass the buck, its like talking  to a 3rd world company, its scarey how bad they are.

Regular Contributor

@Bleoyster wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app at least 5 times in the past year, i have logged in and logged out over 10 times, i have called for help with this app numerous times and because i told the rep it worked 5% of the time he put resolved on the case,  i just got a call from comcast  and they said nothing on the phone after i hung they rebooted my modem which seems to be the resolved issue move, comcast reps are  untrained and only pass the buck, its like talking  to a 3rd world company, its scarey how bad they are.

I've had a very similar experience with the Xfinity Connect app on my iPad Pro 9.7".  I'm notified of an incoming phone call (to the landline) about 10% of the time ... I've been experiencing this for many months, across several app updates, countless reinstalls, calls to support, etc.  This feature should work without any tricks, but will be trying something new today to see if it helps.  Under ... Settings, Call Preferences, Call Forwarding, ADVANCED CALL FORWARDING (SIMULTANEOUS RING) ... I'm going to toggle the "XFINITY Connect Mobile App" setting from On to Off and then back to On, and see if this helps.  It's as if for some reson the app "forgets" that this setting is turned on.  You might do likewise and report your findings.

Official Employee

milehiguy, that is a good idea. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll reach out to the Connect app team on your behalf. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

toggling wifi on and off works, but to do that all the time is pretty ridiculous, im almost ready to uninstall that app for good.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

milehiguy, that is a good idea. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll reach out to the Connect app team on your behalf. 

KenF

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply.  However, as Bleoyster probably suspects, even though it's a procedure that works (it does), it's one that we'll likely need to keep repeating over and over.  I'll continue to test this and report back, but in the meantime ... I'm convinced that the app is "forgetting" that this setting is toggled On.  If you would please pass this on to the app development team, I'd sure appreciate it.  This problem has simply been happening for far too long and I'm missing calls because of it.  Note that it's not due to a shaky Wifi connection or anything of that sort.  Thanks.

New Poster

opened app at 11:20 am 2/24, dialer was red, cleared from back ground, shut wifi on phone off, turned wifi back on right away, opened app, dialer was green and ready to use, although it probably wont stay or remember like Milehiguy said.

Regular Contributor

@Bleoyster wrote:

opened app at 11:20 am 2/24, dialer was red, cleared from back ground, shut wifi on phone off, turned wifi back on right away, opened app, dialer was green and ready to use, although it probably wont stay or remember like Milehiguy said.

Hmmm, no disrespect, but you've referred to toggling "wifi" on a couple occasions now, but that's not the procedure I've performed.  My procedure (within the app) is ... Settings, Call Preferences, Call Forwarding, ADVANCED CALL FORWARDING (SIMULTANEOUS RING) ... then toggling the "XFINITY Connect Mobile App" setting from On to Off and then back to On.  Also, I'm not having problems with the "dialer" not staying on, etc. as you mention above, but with my iPad not being notified of incoming calls, which (I thought) was the topic of the thread started by morebillions

New Poster

My app caller Id push notices stopped working a while ago too. Very annoying. I’ll try toggling on off. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation