Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Question about On Demand episodes missing in Xfinity TV Go app

Frequent Visitor

Question about On Demand episodes missing in Xfinity TV Go app

The evening of 4/6, I was watching episode 216 of "The Blacklist" at my girlfriend's place using her cable box when the box locked up due to some cable service outage in our area. I thought "No worries - I'll just connect my Kindle Fire to the TV and we'll watch it through the Xfinity app!"

However, when I went into the app, only episodes 214, 215 and 217 were available. I then initated a chat session with Xfinity Customer Service and was chatting with a representative named Omega (who told me it was ok to call her "Meg"). She asked me if the episodes missing from the app were available on the website. I told her that I would have to check.  So, I then went to the Xfinity website and found that episodes 214, 215, 217 & 218 were available - but not 216 (the episode we were in the middle of watching).

When I went back to the chat session, the representative had ended it without confirming anything with me prior to considering my issue to be resolved.  (I'm assuming they were called away due to the outage which caused my girlfriend's cable box to lock up, but I felt that was a very poor way to treat me.)

My girlfriend was able to download the NBC app on her iPad and we watched the remainder of the episode on that but now today, I see episode 216 is available in the Xfinity TV Go app.

I understand that not all tv shows are going to be available On Demand, but "The Blacklist" is always available.  I also understand that there may be delays in getting new episodes available On Demand. However, the episode in question here (# 216) is approximately 3 weeks old and there are both older and newer episodes available in the app.

Can someone please explain why a specific episode of a show that is typically readily available On Demand would not be available in the TV Go app only to show up a few hours later?

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation