Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Plethora of issues with the connect app

Contributor

Plethora of issues with the connect app

If Comcast cannot fix these issues that many of us have had for quite some time now, how can we trust them with their home security app?????
Official Employee

Re: Plethora of issues with the connect app

Hello tomanynames, I can assist you with your app issues. Can you please give me a brief summary of what you're experiencing on your end? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Omg!! Are you kidding me? Please read all issues for the past year. I’ve had them and am still having them. All kinds of errors, The issues:I’m not on the network, cannot find my text messages, takes forever, if at all to update my email! PLEASE don’t ask me to do all that useless info to ‘fix’ this. I, as well as most all of us KNOW it is Comcast that’s the problem. I do thank you for responding to this issue
Frequent Visitor

The problems have been worse the last couple of weeks. Very slow opening emails. Now on my Android 4.2 device cannot receive or send emails. Just get errors.
Frequent Visitor

Attached are a couple of screenshots showing the problems I am having with the Connect App.  I can no longer receive or send emails.  This is on a tablet with Android 4.2.  Interestingly, I can see previews of emails in my inbox but I cannot open any emails to actually read them.

IMG_20180309_221153.JPG
Screenshot_2018-03-09-22-08-43.jpg
Official Employee

tomanynames wrote: Omg!! Are you kidding me? Please read all issues for the past year. I’ve had them and am still having them. All kinds of errors, The issues:I’m not on the network, cannot find my text messages, takes forever, if at all to update my email! PLEASE don’t ask me to do all that useless info to ‘fix’ this. I, as well as most all of us KNOW it is Comcast that’s the problem. I do thank you for responding to this issue

I am aware of the issues that may occur within the app, but to help resolve your problem specifically I would like for you to send me a private message with your full name, account number, and street address. This way I can look into your settings in our back end system to make sure everything is coded correctly, and if there is anything out of sort I will be able to correct it at that time. 

bvastag wrote: Attached are a couple of screenshots showing the problems I am having with the Connect App.  I can no longer receive or send emails.  This is on a tablet with Android 4.2.  Interestingly, I can see previews of emails in my inbox but I cannot open any emails to actually read them.

I can assist you with getting or app issues resolved as well, please send me a private message with your account information by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "private message me". 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am dying.  Outgoing comcast.net email is taking up to 6 hours to leave Outbox.  Incoming emails are slow too, with the body of the email only filling in hours after the message appears.  What can I do?

Frequent Visitor

Amir, I tried to private message you but the Xfinity system did not allow me to.  I tried messaging you using a Windows 10 PC.  There are many problems with the new Xfinity interface.  What account information do you need from me?

Official Employee

ap1150 wrote: I am dying.  Outgoing comcast.net email is taking up to 6 hours to leave Outbox.  Incoming emails are slow too, with the body of the email only filling in hours after the message appears.  What can I do?

Are you having the same issues when you try and read your mail from our website? Are you connected to Wi-Fi, or are you using your phones data? 

bvastag wrote: Amir, I tried to private message you but the Xfinity system did not allow me to.  I tried messaging you using a Windows 10 PC.  There are many problems with the new Xfinity interface.  What account information do you need from me?

I sent you a PM, please reach back out to me there. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Go to settings, push xfinity connect. Turn OFF refresh app. All the problems that I’ve had for months are gone. And yes, everything is working and have been for days now
Official Employee

tomanynames wrote: Go to settings, push xfinity connect. Turn OFF refresh app. All the problems that I’ve had for months are gone. And yes, everything is working and have been for days now

Thank you for sharing this information, I am still open to anyone that needs further assistance with resolving this issue. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes, V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W! I thought it was my phone, but it isn't. The stock Android app opens things up fine... AND FAST! Comcast needs to fix this app! CONNECT is the wrong name for it!
Official Employee

muzicman52; wrote: Yes, V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W! I thought it was my phone, but it isn't. The stock Android app opens things up fine... AND FAST! Comcast needs to fix this app! CONNECT is the wrong name for it!

Are you signed into the app or website on more than one device? Do you have any issues loading mail from the website? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I was connected 24/7. It's not like I connected once or twice. The app is VERY disappointing. I expected a better product coming from Xfinity/Comcast. The app doesn't live up to Comcast's boasting of SPEED. It has no options to change ports. If it does, how is this done?

Official Employee

muzicman52 wrote: I was connected 24/7. It's not like I connected once or twice. The app is VERY disappointing. I expected a better product coming from Xfinity/Comcast. The app doesn't live up to Comcast's boasting of SPEED. It has no options to change ports. If it does, how is this done?

Can you please explain what you mean by "it has no options to change ports"? Are you having issues with retrieving mail? Can you please be more specific about what you're experiencing on your end? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation