Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Notifications no longer working

New Poster

Notifications no longer working

I use Comcast for my important emails and I would always get a beep when my mail arrives, plus it would put a little icon in the top bar if my phone's main screen. Both of those suddenly stopped working.

I logged out, logged in. No different. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled. No different. I logged out, uninstalled, deleted a bunch of pics and videos (in case not enough space and phone not acting right) then shut down phone.... restarted, reinstalled, logged in......still no different. I've checked notification settings and they're on.

Any ideas?
Regular Visitor

Re: Notifications no longer working

Same here, same time frame, what changed?

New Poster

I ended up going through the steps again today and it fixed it this time. I logged out, uninstalled, rebooted, installed, and logged in again. Now I'm getting notifications. No idea what happened.
New Poster

Nothing changed on my phone in the last 2 days but notifications stopped. The red circle with message count doesn't appear nor does the preview notice of the email show up on the screen.

I checked all the notification settings in the app and in my iphone, they are all turned on.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

What gives? Why isn't the app working suddently?

Official Employee

Hi all, are you able to log into the Connect app and view your emails and just the notifications not working?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Same here still! Anyone find a resolution??

New Poster

It’s stopped working for me, too.
Contributor

ComcastPhill wrote:

Hi all, are you able to log into the Connect app and view your emails and just the notifications not working?

Thank you

Thats corrrect.  Running current beta of iOS 11.2

New Poster

That was my issue.   I could check the mail but my notification stopped working.    I followed up to my original post saying that after logging out, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and logging back in for the 3rd time (the next day) it ended up working again.   But when it happened, absolutely nothing changed on my phone.   It just stopped notifying me of new email.  No noise,  no little envelope on the top bar of my phone.    Strange.

New Poster

Here too - I use notifications to screen my home phone, and it stopped working in early November. I can still log into the app, and see things there.