Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not receiving home phone calls in app

Regular Visitor

Not receiving home phone calls in app

Home phone calls are not forwarding to connect app on galaxy S8 running Android 7.0. Any suggestions? They are forwarding to Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.0.
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving home phone calls in app

Hi Drob2528, the first thing you should check if the app works on another device is your "Xfinity Connect" app version. To do this please go to your settings within the app and make sure you have the most up to date software, this changes constantly so if you're not sure what the latest version is delete the app from your phone and then go to the app store and download it again. Once you have the most up to date app version, then you want to make sure that you're signing in with the primary username and password on the account. Some secondary users cannot access phone logs due to rules set by the primary user. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the app and still cannot receive home phone calls in connect.
New Poster

I also have a galaxy S8 phone and am having problems with the app. It was working sort of...but would not ring with the different ringtone I picked so that I would know it was a home phone call and not someone calling my cell phone. This was very confusing and causing problems if someone at home was waiting for a call and I answered the call while I was away, on my cell. My last phone was a galaxy S5 and the app worked fine with it's distinct ringtone chosen for the home number.

New Poster

Not sure what I did - but was turning the call forwarding features off and on in the Xfinity app on my Galaxy S8,then restarted my phone and the feature starting working and using the ringtone I had chosen for app to use when it forwared a call from my home land line. Let's just hope it continues to work!

Official Employee

Hello @Drob2528. If that still did not correct your Voice 2 go issue, I'd like to check the back end provisioning. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon