members

online now

discussions

Mobile apps having email problems

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 32

Over the last 2 days my wife and I have had several times where we are unable to get email on the Xfinity Connect, with an error message like "Unable to complete request at this time." I've never seen this error before. Is there any known problem?

31 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 32

Same problem here.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 32
Same.

Galaxy s7, default install.

Reinstall and clear cache did not fix.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 32
My wife and I too. Problem with the App. Access through Web browser is fine.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 32
I am having the same problem the past 2 days. Has anyone found out what is going on?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 32
Same issue here. Last 2 days cant send or receive mail (iphone7). Keep getting error message "unable to process request". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no help. Hope they fix it soon!
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 7 of 32
Folks, please edit your posts and add your phone mfr. and model #.

Just waited 1/2 hour to chat, to no avail. In the meantime, i was able to access me email using this forums window, using the dropdown in the top left corner.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 32

Gs5 phone.  Connect App unable to refresh email.  Last 2 days.  unable to complete your request...  Get on the actual computer and I get everything!  :/

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 32

Same problem here.  I powered down and turned off phone. No success with email.  I uninstalled and reinstalled app. No success. I phoned xfnity customer service and spoke with a very polite service rep...but no success. I can get onto my email on my samsung android on via the mobile internet, but not via the xfinity app.  Then I logged onto my xfinity email account via my laptop and went to the last message which had been opened when the problem began (from a facebook group) and deleted that message and when I went back to my android phone, tah dah...I could access my email via the app.  Try going in via  a laptop and deleting the last email you were able to open prior to the problem and maybe that will help you...I hope so.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 32
Signed out of my laptop account, signed out of Xfinity from my phone, signed out of my Connect android app, and voila!

Thanks for the tip! I Hope it sticks!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 32
Now the app seems to be working again and I did absolutely nothing to try and fix it the last few hours. Not holding my breath though since it's consistently been going down off and on for 2 days now. Definitely something buggy with the app these last few days (iPhone 7).
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 12 of 32
Worst app for paying subscribers, ever.

Well, second worst. HBO Go tops the list.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 32
Actually over the long haul I've had pretty good luck with the connect app. The last 2 days though it's definitely tried my patience.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 32
Yes working again. No explanation
Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 32

Finally got to work. Tried logging out of computer and mobile app, reinstalling app, deleting old emails on computer, and nothing worked.  Finally just logged out of other xfinity apps and maybe that was what did the trick.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 32

I have removed app from android (LG K7) reinstalled but after a half hour it starts to displaying error message again.

I am able to read email from the android app that came with my phone.

ladkid wrote:
Actually over the long haul I've had pretty good luck with the connect app. The last 2 days though it's definitely tried my patience.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 17 of 32
Same problem on 2 different phones. Used same troubleshooting methods, no luck.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 32

we are having the same problem, it just started a few days ago but only on the app.  Logging in from our computer is ok.

Error message says; Unable to complete your request at this time, please try again later.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 32
Same. Off and on since 1/27/2017 and that same error message on the app. iPhone 6 on 10.2.1. Restart of app/phone not helpful.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 32
I thought mine fixed, but it is off and on also. Solution I found is to sign out and back in to App. So far that helps.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 21 of 32

Same deal here. iPhone 6S, current IOS. Logging off and on seems to fix for awhile. Also no longer seeing an unopened mail count when the app is not open above the icon on the iPhone. Webmail is working fine, so is using Outlook.

What gives? Nothing from anyone at Comcast. I also noticed that when this started over the weekend, the mail layout looked different within the app one time.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 22 of 32

Having same problems for a few days.  It is now 2/5.  I found out that a time sensitive email I thought I sent 4 days ago is sitting in drafts and I was still unable to send as of this morning.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it looks like it has dumped all of my messages from every box and still won't send.  This has to be a comcast issue.  Hope it is fixed soon and that I can get my emails back.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 32

Same issue for me. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 24 of 32

Same here.  Deleted, reinstalled, and a couple days later getting the Unable to Process Request message.  Galaxy S7 on Verizon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 25 of 32

posted on the other discussion, but hoping that someone from xfinity will actually see this and and answer one of them. so here is my message again:  me too, although it connects. driving me nuts to have that come up every time when I try to get mail. using ipad air. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 32
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 32
ok right after I posted this I can no longer see the opened email!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 28 of 32
  • same problem here. Finally loaded emails but can't open them..error message.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 32

Same issue here.  Very intermittant. Happening in no pattern I can detect.  iphone 7.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 30 of 32

I can't access through the web on the phone app...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 31 of 32

Same problem, for about a week.  iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 running current IOS.  Every once in a while the problem seems fixed (more so on the iPad than iPhone), but it is random -- unconnected to rebooting the devices, signing out and back in, etc. -- and never lasts beyond that specific session, i.e., the next time I open the app to check email even if it is just 10 minutes later the problem is back.

Doesn't anyone from Comcast monitor these forums????

Posted by
New Poster
Message 32 of 32

I have been having problems retrieving email on both my iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The mini hasn't loaded email since 6/26/17. The Samsung would load the inbox but when I try to open an individual email, it times out. I uninstalled and re-installed on my Samsung and now it times out when I try to log in. I am no longer an Xfinity customer (not by choice, moved out of area) - but that was 5 months ago and never an issue before. The message on the phone is - well look at that, it is working! Of course it is, I found the time to figure out what is going on.

So - folks try uninstalling and re-installing!