Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mobile apps having email problems

New Poster

Mobile apps having email problems

Over the last 2 days my wife and I have had several times where we are unable to get email on the Xfinity Connect, with an error message like "Unable to complete request at this time." I've never seen this error before. Is there any known problem?

New Poster

Re: Mobile apps having email problems

Same problem here.

Frequent Visitor

Same.

Galaxy s7, default install.

Reinstall and clear cache did not fix.
New Poster

My wife and I too. Problem with the App. Access through Web browser is fine.
New Poster

I am having the same problem the past 2 days. Has anyone found out what is going on?
Regular Contributor

Same issue here. Last 2 days cant send or receive mail (iphone7). Keep getting error message "unable to process request". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no help. Hope they fix it soon!
Frequent Visitor

Folks, please edit your posts and add your phone mfr. and model #.

Just waited 1/2 hour to chat, to no avail. In the meantime, i was able to access me email using this forums window, using the dropdown in the top left corner.
New Poster

Gs5 phone.  Connect App unable to refresh email.  Last 2 days.  unable to complete your request...  Get on the actual computer and I get everything!  :/

New Poster

Same problem here.  I powered down and turned off phone. No success with email.  I uninstalled and reinstalled app. No success. I phoned xfnity customer service and spoke with a very polite service rep...but no success. I can get onto my email on my samsung android on via the mobile internet, but not via the xfinity app.  Then I logged onto my xfinity email account via my laptop and went to the last message which had been opened when the problem began (from a facebook group) and deleted that message and when I went back to my android phone, tah dah...I could access my email via the app.  Try going in via  a laptop and deleting the last email you were able to open prior to the problem and maybe that will help you...I hope so.

Frequent Visitor

Signed out of my laptop account, signed out of Xfinity from my phone, signed out of my Connect android app, and voila!

Thanks for the tip! I Hope it sticks!
Regular Contributor

Now the app seems to be working again and I did absolutely nothing to try and fix it the last few hours. Not holding my breath though since it's consistently been going down off and on for 2 days now. Definitely something buggy with the app these last few days (iPhone 7).
Frequent Visitor

Worst app for paying subscribers, ever.

Well, second worst. HBO Go tops the list.
Regular Contributor

Actually over the long haul I've had pretty good luck with the connect app. The last 2 days though it's definitely tried my patience.
New Poster

Yes working again. No explanation
Contributor

Finally got to work. Tried logging out of computer and mobile app, reinstalling app, deleting old emails on computer, and nothing worked.  Finally just logged out of other xfinity apps and maybe that was what did the trick.

Regular Visitor

I have removed app from android (LG K7) reinstalled but after a half hour it starts to displaying error message again.

I am able to read email from the android app that came with my phone.

ladkid wrote:
Actually over the long haul I've had pretty good luck with the connect app. The last 2 days though it's definitely tried my patience.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem on 2 different phones. Used same troubleshooting methods, no luck.
New Poster

we are having the same problem, it just started a few days ago but only on the app.  Logging in from our computer is ok.

Error message says; Unable to complete your request at this time, please try again later.

Frequent Visitor

Same. Off and on since 1/27/2017 and that same error message on the app. iPhone 6 on 10.2.1. Restart of app/phone not helpful.
Contributor

I thought mine fixed, but it is off and on also. Solution I found is to sign out and back in to App. So far that helps.
Regular Contributor

Same deal here. iPhone 6S, current IOS. Logging off and on seems to fix for awhile. Also no longer seeing an unopened mail count when the app is not open above the icon on the iPhone. Webmail is working fine, so is using Outlook.

What gives? Nothing from anyone at Comcast. I also noticed that when this started over the weekend, the mail layout looked different within the app one time.

New Poster

Having same problems for a few days.  It is now 2/5.  I found out that a time sensitive email I thought I sent 4 days ago is sitting in drafts and I was still unable to send as of this morning.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it looks like it has dumped all of my messages from every box and still won't send.  This has to be a comcast issue.  Hope it is fixed soon and that I can get my emails back.

New Poster

Same issue for me. 

Regular Visitor

Same here.  Deleted, reinstalled, and a couple days later getting the Unable to Process Request message.  Galaxy S7 on Verizon

Frequent Visitor

posted on the other discussion, but hoping that someone from xfinity will actually see this and and answer one of them. so here is my message again:  me too, although it connects. driving me nuts to have that come up every time when I try to get mail. using ipad air. 

Frequent Visitor

It's baaaaack!

Frequent Visitor

ok right after I posted this I can no longer see the opened email!!!
New Poster

• same problem here. Finally loaded emails but can't open them..error message.
New Poster

Same issue here.  Very intermittant. Happening in no pattern I can detect.  iphone 7.

Contributor

I can't access through the web on the phone app...

Frequent Visitor

Same problem, for about a week.  iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 running current IOS.  Every once in a while the problem seems fixed (more so on the iPad than iPhone), but it is random -- unconnected to rebooting the devices, signing out and back in, etc. -- and never lasts beyond that specific session, i.e., the next time I open the app to check email even if it is just 10 minutes later the problem is back.

Doesn't anyone from Comcast monitor these forums????

New Poster

I have been having problems retrieving email on both my iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The mini hasn't loaded email since 6/26/17. The Samsung would load the inbox but when I try to open an individual email, it times out. I uninstalled and re-installed on my Samsung and now it times out when I try to log in. I am no longer an Xfinity customer (not by choice, moved out of area) - but that was 5 months ago and never an issue before. The message on the phone is - well look at that, it is working! Of course it is, I found the time to figure out what is going on.

So - folks try uninstalling and re-installing!

Regular Visitor

have same problem. Have to constantly delete app and re install it!  Contacted support never ever got an answer!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I’ve reported the issue in multiple posts in this forum as well as reporting it in various comcast customer sat surveys I’ve received and have never received a reply from anyone at Comcast. It’s obvious they could care less. If not for the voice features in the app I would have deleted it long ago.
Frequent Visitor

Ever since the web-based email upgrade, I have been having constant blue spinning circles. When it finally stops spinning, nothing happens. I have to refresh the screen again, to get new email messages to appear. Galaxy S8 New web app is miserable, too.

Regular Contributor

Yes the infamous spinning blue circle. The only way my mail refreshes correctly is if I actually close the app down on my device (swipe it off the screen) then restart the app again. Uninstalling / reinstalling the app multiple times over the past month has done nothing to fix the problem. It seems to be obvious to everyone except comcast that there’s a bug that needs fixed in this app. I first started using this app about a year after it was released and it worked flawlessly. The last 6 months or better however it’s been a complete nightmare. This will be yet another post that falls on Comcast deaf ears 😡
Frequent Visitor

I truly believe that they are trying to get us all to switch to Gmail. There is no profit in managing email. If they no longer have to deal with email, problem solved.

Regular Contributor

Don’t kid yourself. There’s profit in everything comcast does. Trust me we’re paying for that email service. We don’t get direct billing for email but we’re definitely paying for it 😉
Official Employee

Hi all, 

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies on your default browser? The app utilizes the browser to jump to populate the data. Please clear the temporary files and let me know if that helps. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No change. Blue circle still spins, no update until second screen refresh.

Official Employee

No change. Blue circle still spins, no update until second screen refresh.

rchristy, let me take a closer look. Shoot me a private message with your full name and address so I can help. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

So I’ve gone into settings and cleared the Safari (default browser) history data. I’ll give it a few days and see how the app performs now. Will check back in with the results.
Regular Contributor

So after clearing the web browser history on my mobile device (iPhone 7) the connect app seemed to work better at first but by day 2 it was right back to the same old issues in having to close the app down and restart it in order to refresh, read and send emails. I also seem to constantly get the “Network not detected error -102 2002” which also requires the app to be shut down and restarted. So.... reinstalling the app multiple times and clearing browser history has done nothing to resolve the issues.
Regular Contributor

Adding to my last reply on this subject I experience the exact same issues and problems with this app on my iPad not just my iPhone. Just like with my phone uninstalling / reinstalling as well as clearing browser history doesn’t fix the problem. It’s clear to me the “connect” app isn’t playing nicely with iOS in general and if I had to guess when the majority of these problems started it was back when Apple released iOS 11. A wild guess but maybe the “Connect” update for iOS 11 had an error or missed something? Regardless of what happened all I know is this app seems to have a definite flaw in it somewhere and so far none of the recommended fixes published here on the forum to date have worked.
Regular Contributor

More additional info on the problem. In my case failure to update or refresh mail ALWAYS occurs with the receipt of new emails. When seeing the badge notification that there’s new email I open the app and automatically get a false error message stating “No network detected”. This error message appears the same number of times as the number of new emails that were received. After clicking “Ok” on each error message I open the emails but the only thing that displays is the email header / subject. The body of the emails are missing completely and the blue circle spins endlessly trying to refresh the email data. If I then close the app completely down on my device (wipe it off the screen) and reopen the app there are no error messages and the email can then be viewed in its entirety and replies or new emails can then be sent successfully. This status seems to hold until new emails are received then the problem starts all over again requiring a complete shut down and restart of the app. I’m spending a great deal of time providing as much detail on this issue as I possibly can with the hope that someone at Comcast is actually looking in to this and trying to fix the problem but I’m really starting to have my doubts given the lack of comcast replies I’ve seen on this issue.
Official Employee

Hi ladkid,

The issue you're having will need to be escalated to our advanced repair team for further investigation. Can you please send me a private message with the email address you are using to log into the Connect app so I can get this escalated? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastChe I guess I’ll have to get to a pc to try and send you a PM. When I click on your name then select PM the forum requires me to sign in. Then when I sign in I see your info but NO option to send you a PM.
Regular Contributor

ComcastChe:  Trying to send you a PM on PC platform isn't working either.  When signed in to forum and clicking on your name I see your info,  badges, etc. but NO option that will allow me to send you a PM. This is ridiculous since I know PM's can be sent on this forum so I have no idea what's going on. I tried to post a screen shot of what I'm seeing in this reply but it looks like I can't do that either.  

Regular Contributor

Well after reading other posts about people not being able to send PM's to you I guess I better understand what's going on.  Okay,  comcast employees don't want unsolicited PM's.  I get that.  In this case you asked me to send you the PM and for whatever reason the system still will NOT let me do that.  Let me know whenever you turn off whatever filter you've got blocking me here and I'll send you whatever you need to look in to the mobile app issue further.  

New Poster

I’ve had the same problem although it’s very frustrating after clearing the search history and closing all tabs the app appears to respond by downloading the emails.
As I said frustrating but it so appears to work.
Looks like a widespread problem I hope that it gets resolved shortly
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats