Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Mobile Apps

Mobile Apps

I have been using this mobile app for a long time and it never consistently works properly.  It would be a fantastic app if it did.  My problem is that when a call comes into our landline - I have triple play - it will "sometimes" ring on my iphone but it hardly ever rings on my husband's iphone.  This is a problem because we are not always together.  He depends on being able to answer calls on our landline when he is away from home.  The calls also do not always register in his "recent" call list.  So, basically, I'm getting intermittant service with this app.  

A second problem that is occurring is that several times a day - at least 3 or 4, a call will come in with a completely different ringtone and it is called Anonymous.  I never have the option of answering the phone.  This is the one time that it will also ring on my husband's phone as well.  We think it might be calls going to our fax line and if this is the case, how do we turn that off.  It has actually become more annoying than the many solicitation calls we get in a day.

I've worked with Comcast technicians on the first problem literally for weeks on end.  I believe that they really do not care about these apps working properly because they have basically said they are "free" to their customers.  But, why would you put something out there that only half works?

I hope someone can finally fix this.

Problem Solver

Re: Mobile Apps

You brought up several points in your post and below I will try to help with what I can.

You mentioned the various solicitation calls that you get on your phone line, and I'd like to offer some suggestions to help you reduce those.  On your Xfinity Voice you can block Anonymouns Calls by following the steps outlined at this support page https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/rejecting-anonymous-calls/

Additionally, for general unsolicited robo calls, you can find information on the following page to help you configure your Xfinity Voice number https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/nomorobo

Regarding the Xfinity Connect App itself, I do use it myself on an Android based phone so here are some tips that I have learned over time in working with it. 

There are times when I find that I have been logged out of the app and when you are logged out of it you won't receive incoming phone calls, emails, or texts.  The best that I can remember the times I have been logged out of the app are after an update has been done to it which required me to log back in again.  There are plenty of times I know it has been updated without me having to log back in so not all updates will do this.

Aside from that, the few other times that I have discovered that the connect app wasn't ringing when my landline was getting a call was after my mobile phone where the connect app is installed had been powered on for a long period of time.  As with any computing device, and I am sure there are those who will laugh at this, I do still believe it is important to periodically reboot the device or power cycle it off and back on.  While mobile device operating systems are much more stable than they were in the beginning, there are times when things can go astray and jam up the works so to speak and the only way to clean house is to reboot it.  Of the few times that I have had to do this, after the mobile device reboot I would use a different phone at my disposal to call my landline number and the connect app would ring my mobile device. 

Hopefully the above will be of some help to you in resolving your problems that you are having.

Re: Mobile Apps

I read your post with interest but one thing really caught my eye.

They didn't cut your landline when installing service?

They did so to mine illegally (Illinois...Illegal to cut existing landlines for a host of reasons...One was realized pretty rapidly when my Xfinity service went down and there was a fire on my block. I couldn't call for help).

How'd you keep the landline? Xfinity is notorious for snipping them.

BTW...Plugging the phone into the modem isn't a land line. One is toast if there's an emergency.

Please advise as I've been arguing with Xfinity since April over it (April a year ago).

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation