Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is there any new version of The Connect app that doesn't take forever to load emails or is this stil

New Poster

Is there any new version of The Connect app that doesn't take forever to load emails or is this stil

For quite a while now it seems like many users are having issues with the Connect app not loading emails like it used to about a year ago. The emails take forever to load and cannot be opened or deleted until they are fully loaded which can take a minute or two. I see a bunch of people inquiring about this issue with all different kinds of phones and the answer seems to always be reinstall the app which clearly doesn't fix the problem unless you guys have a new app version that I don't know about.

Before I waste my time and energy reloading the app can you tell me if there have been any improvements that correct this issue? It is a huge hassle in it is unfortunate that is taking so long to get it corrected. Are you even working on a correction or should I just try to move to a different email app??

This was a really nice app before that issue started and it would be nice if I could go back to functioning properly but taking one to two minutes to load emails is just not going to work and I'm not going to reload it every day to try to deal with programming issues.
New Poster

Re: Is there any new version of The Connect app that doesn't take forever to load emails or is this

I agree. I’m constantly reloading the app to get emails on iPhone (works fine on iPad). Frustrating!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Is there any new version of The Connect app that doesn't take forever to load emails or is this

Emails take forever to load on my Samsung Galaxy S8+.  Then, after the email load, it takes another "forever" for the message to actually appear.  There is something about Android devices and the Comcast xfinity app because this issue does not occur on iPhones.  Is this being addressed?

Linda Spreeman, Mom and Grandmother
Contributor

I have an iPhone and with the same and more problems that’s been happening for over a year. Comcast does not care. I have a new name for them. con-cast
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone from Comcast monitor this thread or are we merely just voicing our concerns over the app not working?  I have cleared cache (that is not the problem), uninstalled and reinstalled (that is not the problem).  And I have a brand new phone (3 months old) so that is not the problem.  I have also rebooted and installed all the updates, so that is not the problem.  Not sure what the actual problem is, but if there is a moderator for this thread would be interested in receiving feedback.  Many thanks.

Linda Spreeman, Mom and Grandmother
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation