Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

IPad Connect App stopped sending messages

Frequent Visitor

IPad Connect App stopped sending messages

I suddenly cannot send an email with my XFINITY connect ap. Get a message stating stable connection to server could not be established. Still receive email and can delete email. Can send email of I go to website instead of app.

Frequent Visitor

Re: IPad Connect App stopped sending messages

This continues to be an ntermittent problem.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I can receive and delete, but cannot sent emails. Works fine on a computer. Have you found a fix yet?
New Poster

I'm having a similar problem on my iPhone. I just downloaded the latest app update and it's still doing it. Very frustrating!
Official Employee

TheBorkM,

How intermittent does it seem to be?  Just trying to get a sense of frequency.

Can you PM me your Comcast address so we can take a look at the account and see if it's an app issue or account problem?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

This is a reply to ComcastJordan.  This problem is NOT intermittant.  It has been happening ever since my wife and I downloaded the "Connect" App on our iphones and ipads.  Notice, it is happening to both of us.  Two different user names and passwords, each with our own iphone and ipad.  My wife has the problem where the APP simply closes for no reason as well as not receiving or being able to send emails.  This happens EVERY day.  My problem is less severe, but we have no explaination why that would be.  We have cleared caches, history, etc.  We have deleted the app and reloaded it several times including delete, turn off the device, the load it again.  My windows pc seems fine.  Oh, and the Connect APP also destroyed our synching across devices.  We each now get multiple emails on each of our three devices (wife has a windows laptop) and you have to delete on each device.  Xfinity needs to eliminate the Connect APP until it is fixed.  FYI, my wife and I both use an Outlook email client.

Regular Visitor

I am also having the exact same problem. I tried deleting and reloading the app.

New Poster

All,

Same problem with my IPad and IPhone. Tried using the Comcast Chat feature to get help but it froze after about 7 minutes into the session.

Frustrating. Been a loyal customer for a loooong time. Bout ready to dump this bunch.

Gmail works fine.

Official Employee

Hello All, I am happy to assist you with your connect app concerns. In most cases this issue can be cleared up by removing your email account completely from the 3rd party email client (Outlook, messenger, etc.) and adding it back. This will allow your account to provision through the client so that all features can work properly. If you are still experiencing issues with sending or receiving mail through the app please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" Thanks.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon