New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email polling

ANSWERED
Contributor

Email polling

How do I stop the app from polling for email automatically? I'd rather check for mail manually. I don't see anything in settings.

Thanks
Accepted Solution

Re: Email polling

Hello, Mike20878. Please refer to the information below found at this link for how to adjust the background refresh/sync associated with the app:

How do I refresh my messages?

• You can set the time interval in Check for messages from every 15 minutes to every hour by going to the General option of Settings. This is related to background sync of application.
  • To manually refresh your messages:
    • Re-access the list of messages or pull down to refresh the list. 
    • For Android devices, select the Refresh button from the Android menu options.
View answer in context
Regular Contributor

There is no setting for you to change on the Comcast side (that I know of).  You have to go to the setting on your phone.  Look for a term "sync."  By default "sync" is automatically on.  You would have to change it to "off."

I am going to make a suggestion to you, though---I and many other Comcast Customers have had an on-going, lengthy problem of NOT getting any new email, whatsoever, unless we turn our phones completely OFF; then having to turn our phones back ON.  If we did not go through that--we would never, ever get any more e-mail.  There are a LOT of problems and bugs with the Comcast E-mail.  Server outages, Sign-in server outages, and on and on.  You are automatically getting new  e-mails--I suggest that you keep it that way, for now.----Just so that you AVOID problems.

Official Employee

Hello, Mike20878. Please refer to the information below found at this link for how to adjust the background refresh/sync associated with the app:

How do I refresh my messages?

• You can set the time interval in Check for messages from every 15 minutes to every hour by going to the General option of Settings. This is related to background sync of application.
  • To manually refresh your messages:
    • Re-access the list of messages or pull down to refresh the list. 
    • For Android devices, select the Refresh button from the Android menu options.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Wow!  ComcastMax,--Thanks, for the link.  I did not even know this existed. 

I have been using my Android phone without this Comcast App installed.  Can you, please explain any advantages to installing this Comcast App--and/or maybe, I don't really need it.  As it has been, anyway--very recently (even though I am a long-term Customer) my Comcast webmail was migrated to the "2016 New E-Mail."  I have had no end of problems with it.  

Could you explain more about this cellphone app--including why to have it or why not.  Thanks, in advance.

Official Employee

Hi, edron. Please check out What is the XFINITY Connect App? for a breakdown of the XFINITY Connect App's features.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon