Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

E-mail very slow in loading or does not load at all. Having this problem for about a month.

New Poster

E-mail very slow in loading or does not load at all. Having this problem for about a month.

Email does not load -- Problem started more than a month ago with slow loading.  Now, not loading at all.

Frequent Visitor

Re: E-mail very slow in loading or does not load at all. Having this problem for about a month.

Having the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the "new" app.  It's ridiculously slow on a laptop - and sometimes I just get a blank page.  They need to fix this. I could go out and make a cup of coffee while it loads!

Regular Contributor

Re: E-mail very slow in loading or does not load at all. Having this problem for about a month.

Same here, it is quite annoying.  Too long for emails to load the last few months.  While waiting for email to open up, I find myself going back to inbox preview screen instead of waiting for email to open, discern what I can from the 1-2 lines I can see in the inbox preview of the email, and then take action on email (which is usually now "delete") w/o ever opening it.

And the principal itself that the inbox does not refresh until I open it is annoying in and of itself as it is not instantaneous, and that has been true in this xfinity connect app for a much longer time.

I have also been experiencing more connection time outs lately than usual as well.  This happens sporadically, but certainly more often than in the past.  And this happens when I have a strong signal/connection.

Is there a fix in the works?  If not, are there other email apps we can sit on top of Connect perhaps to forego these issues?  I am not looking to fwd my emails to say gmail.

Thanks

New Poster

Me too- I have to keep logging out and in to get mail to load. Even on home network. I even had to uninstall and reinstall which worked for about a week and now same issue. Tried a reinstall again and it did not work this time. App is just plain broken!
Please fix it, this is unacceptable!!!!
New Poster

I am having the same problem. Does xfinity ever look at these comments?
New Poster

I am having the same issue on phone and iPad. Very frustrating!! I power off and then restart the app and it will work for a few hours. 

New Poster

Experience the same problem as others email will not load unless I turn the phone on and off, seem to start about a month ago.
New Poster

Same issue since an update was done about a month ago.
I uninstalled app twice with no improvement in speed.

XFINITY. ...any comments? ?
Regular Contributor

Any update from xfinity to share?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Any words of wisdom from forum moderator or Comcast employees?

Regular Contributor

Is this issue limited to only select users? I'm thinking it may be or I'd expect this post to be flooded with responses as the issue is excruciatingly painful.

Xfinity, any suggestions or fix in the works?

Thanks
Frequent Visitor

I suppose many, many users , myself included, who are experiencing this really annoying problem   Initiallly thought their settings were at fault and remained silent, but from the messages above it appears so pervasive that fault must lie with the provider.   

These postings have been accumulating for a long time with no response from Comcast.