Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

E-mail very slow in loading or does not load at all. Having this problem for about a month.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 10

Email does not load -- Problem started more than a month ago with slow loading.  Now, not loading at all.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 10

Having the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the "new" app.  It's ridiculously slow on a laptop - and sometimes I just get a blank page.  They need to fix this. I could go out and make a cup of coffee while it loads!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 10

Same here, it is quite annoying.  Too long for emails to load the last few months.  While waiting for email to open up, I find myself going back to inbox preview screen instead of waiting for email to open, discern what I can from the 1-2 lines I can see in the inbox preview of the email, and then take action on email (which is usually now "delete") w/o ever opening it.

And the principal itself that the inbox does not refresh until I open it is annoying in and of itself as it is not instantaneous, and that has been true in this xfinity connect app for a much longer time.

I have also been experiencing more connection time outs lately than usual as well.  This happens sporadically, but certainly more often than in the past.  And this happens when I have a strong signal/connection.

Is there a fix in the works?  If not, are there other email apps we can sit on top of Connect perhaps to forego these issues?  I am not looking to fwd my emails to say gmail.

Thanks

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 10
Me too- I have to keep logging out and in to get mail to load. Even on home network. I even had to uninstall and reinstall which worked for about a week and now same issue. Tried a reinstall again and it did not work this time. App is just plain broken!
Please fix it, this is unacceptable!!!!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 10
I am having the same problem. Does xfinity ever look at these comments?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 10

I am having the same issue on phone and iPad. Very frustrating!! I power off and then restart the app and it will work for a few hours. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 10
Experience the same problem as others email will not load unless I turn the phone on and off, seem to start about a month ago.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 10
Same issue since an update was done about a month ago.
I uninstalled app twice with no improvement in speed.

XFINITY. ...any comments? ?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 9 of 10
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 10

Any words of wisdom from forum moderator or Comcast employees?