Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Change account/send from name

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

How do I change my account name/sender name in the app? It is not displaying my full name when I send out an email through the app, only the first few letters of my last name. I am using the app on my iPhone. I checked the web preferences and my name is correct there.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4

Hello malyssa1707, I can look into this for you. Do you only have the issue when sending mail from the app? Have you tried removing the app completely from your phone and then adding it back? Is there another username on your account that you can sign into and test sending mail? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Yes, the issue is only when sending in the app. Through the web, my full name shows as it should. I have tried a few times removing the app and then signing back in, but still does not show my full name - and shows the shortened name in the Settings menu where it says "Log out of..." I do not have access to another username on the account to sign in and test.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

malyssa1707 wrote: Yes, the issue is only when sending in the app. Through the web, my full name shows as it should. I have tried a few times removing the app and then signing back in, but still does not show my full name - and shows the shortened name in the Settings menu where it says "Log out of..." I do not have access to another username on the account to sign in and test.

Thank you for that information, to clarify you're using our "Xfinity Connect" app to send/receive mail? If so, please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your username, street address, and the full name on the account so that I can look further into it for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon