Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cannot send outgoing email from Comcast email address via Xfinity App or Outlook via cable internet

New Poster

Cannot send outgoing email from Comcast email address via Xfinity App or Outlook via cable internet

Cannot send outgoing email from Comcast email address via Xfinity App or Outlook via cable internet wifi

But I CAN Send them fine from OUTLOOK and APP if I am on Cellular DATA network

On my Wifi (medicom cable connection) using the Xfinity Connect APP -Incoming messages are fine but Cannot send emails starting this morning, incoming emails are fine.  Get error message that says :

Xfinity Mobile encountered an error. Please try again later. Message moved to draft.

If I take my phone OFF wi-fi and just use Mobile Data, the outgoing messages go though and no error message.

Also am having issues sending from outlook on my laptop, get two different error messages - one is a Server responded 421 resomta-po- 11v.sys.com when I try o test from outlook settings.  Other is Sending ' reported error (0x800ccc67) :'The server responded:  then a bunch of funny characters...

Incoming emails are fine.  This just started this am.  I did not change anything on my end.  If I connect to a HOT SPOT with my cellular plan- everything works fine.  Talked to three diffrent folks at comcast, "help," line and all said I should just keep on re-installing apps and software until I am blue in the face since they have neither the ability nor inclination to offer any real assistance in this matter...Everything works fine on Cellular data -there just appears to be some sort of conflict with the outgoing SMPT server and my cable internet wifi that wans't an issue until this morning.  I did try removing my firewall on my internet secuirty program and that didn't help.

New Poster

Re: Cannot send outgoing email from Comcast email address via Xfinity App or Outlook via cable inter

Similar problem, but doesn't matter if on WiFi or cellular. Plus problem is sporadic, not consistent. And occurs on both phone and tablet, sporadically.
I have re-installed the app but still get error...sometimes.
???
New Poster

Re: Cannot send outgoing email from Comcast email address via Xfinity App or Outlook via cable inter

I never really got a straight answer out of Comcast and they finally stopped calling me back so I ended up finally fixing the problem On My Own by changing my IP address via a video I found on YouTube.

Apparently Comcast has a lot of issues with with their SMPT servers blocking emails. They will accidentally are inadvertently block a users IP address just due to server errors in that appears to be what happened in my case. The only way to undo this that I found is to change your IP address which requires going through your router and kind of resetting it...

It is a pain in the butt sort of but nowhere near as much of a hassle is getting the runaround from 8 different Comcast employees and having to reinstall a bunch of software that doesn't really do anything to fix the problem. If I had a nickel for every time they asked me to delete and reinstall the Xfinity contact app and then reset up all my signatures and so forth ......

Long story short, you are better off trying to figure out how to solve it on your own or contacting a real IS person for a serious solution rather than just wasting time on the phone with Comcast. Most of the folks just have a script to read and no where in the script does it allow them to admit anything being a Comcast's issue which most of the time it actually is....
New Poster

Altho I AM a real IT person, this odd problem has been confounding me for weeks. And I never relish the idea of calling Comcast.
But your post gave me an idea and Voila it is now solved, thank you! I was using a VPN which among other things CHANGES my ip address. When I changed its location, problem solved. Thx so much for the idea.
Contributor

I am a chicken...that is afraid to mess with my IP address. My problem is only when sending an email on my cell phone using the mobile xfinity app, and the emails will get this error, and will go to my OUTBOX, not my drafts as it tells me. But if I go to my outbox, and resend the FAILED email, it will then work. I don't get this problem all the time..but in clumps..some days it is just fine. But I guess I'd rather go to my Outbox and resend vs mucking around with my IP..but it is driving me CRAZY. I just wish Comcast would address and fix the issue.

@DBDB wrote:
Altho I AM a real IT person, this odd problem has been confounding me for weeks. And I never relish the idea of calling Comcast.
But your post gave me an idea and Voila it is now solved, thank you! I was using a VPN which among other things CHANGES my ip address. When I changed its location, problem solved. Thx so much for the idea.

New Poster

Your problem is a bit diff than mine in that I could not just go to the outbox and successfully resend the email.
Contributor

Well. Sometimes it takes a few attempts, and still quite irritating. But yes, not as bad as yours, for now!