Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

Contributor

Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

My caller ID no longer works on my iPhone after the update on june 12. As I have read this update was supposed to take care of bug fixes in email. Well you may have tried to fix one thing, but messed up another. I have been using this app for 3 years with no problem. It gives me a notification (caller ID) on my iphone screen when someone calls my home. If I need to call them back I can. Now I'm not getting anything. Way to go once again Comcast!

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID no longer works (connect app)

This is happening to me as well, I have a Samsung phone. No one at comcast seems to know what I am talking about. Quite frustrating. Really liked this feature want it back.
Contributor

Same here. That's really the only reason I even use this app.
Contributor

On July 7th my connect app starting working again for some unknown reason. My guess is that Comcast did something to mess it up while trying to fix the email bug issue they had which I never use the app for email anyway. I can now receive my CID while away from home as I have for 3 years. I didn't reply sooner as I wanted to make sure it would continue to work. I hope yours starts also. You may want to check for any updates from the Apple app updates or Android. Mine stopped after the last update on June 12. Not sure if it updated again or not. Good luck and keep me posted! Thanks
Contributor

I tried it yesterday, but Xfinity was having all sorts of problems. While troubleshooting I logged off the Connect app, deleted it, and reinstalled it on my iPhone. Took a long time to log in because it kept getting stuck at retrieving account info. Once I was able to get in and go to voice, the app stated that I needed to get a PIN to enable this feature. Doh!

I have and know my PIN but I couldn't get around this on the Connect app, so I jumped on the Xfinity website. After logging in and clicking on the phone icon expecting to see my VMs and call logs, the website stated that I needed to get my PIN before I could go any further. Clicking on the get PIN took me back to the billing page. I had to dig around the Xfinity portal to find my PINs and they were already set, but yet both the Connect app and voice page kept telling me I needed a PIN.

I am now able to view my VMs and call logs online and Connect app no longer prompts me for the PIN like yesterday. Time will tell whether the caller ID notification comes up on my iPhone.

Regular Visitor

No still not working.. I have android.. Just spent almost an hour at a Comcast service center where a really nice employee (Titus) tried to fix the issue.. He had no idea why it's not working.
Contributor

Caller ID still not working for me on the Connect app; although, I can get VM notifications.

Contributor

Have you checked your moble phone, as well as the app notification settings? My CID is still working fine everytime my home phone rings, both at home and when away from home on my iPhone screen.  I would suggest checking your phones notification settings first, then the connect app. Good luck!