New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call forwarding does not activate from Xfinity Connect app

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I've tried several times to activate call forwarding from my home phone to my cell phone with the Xfinity Connect App on my Acer Android tablet.  The app does not activate call forwarding. The only way I've been successful in activating call forwarding is by using the *72 option from my home phone.   Does anyone have a solution for the app not working?  Also, when call forwarding is active, my home phone rings and then my cell phone rings.  If possible, I would like my home phone not to ring and just have my cell phone ring. Thanks for any help you can give me.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 5

I am just a regular user like yourself, so if any official Comcast staff has a different answer please speak up, but regarding the part of your post/question about having your home phone not ring when it is "forwarded" to a different number, I am not certain that is possible.  Both in the Connect app and on the actual Xfinity web site in the Advance Call Forwarding area, next to the Advanced Call Forwarding wording is the additional wording Simultaneous Ring which makes me think that all numbers listed will ring simultaneously when your home phone number is called. 

If the above is the case, I can see as a benefit of it that you don't have to constaly take your home phone off of forwarding and back on once again when you aren't going to be near it.  Another benefit of the simultaneous ring is that I also use the NoMoRobo service to block out robo/telemarketing type calls, which I couldn't really use if the call forwarding was the original style of call forwarding. 

I haven't personally tried setting a call forward number within the Connect App itself so at the moment I can't speak on that part of your question but I should be able to test something out tomorrow or so and see if I can get it to work.

Hope this helps,

Ira

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5

Ira:  Thank you.  I agree with you that having my home phone not ring when it is "forwarded" to a different number is not possible; but are you saying that because the phones ring simultaneously, I can answer the call on either one if I am at home?  That would be good to know since I usually head for the home phone when it rings and then change course and head for my cell when that rings because I thought that's the phone I had to answer since the home phone is on forward. 

Let me know when you've had a chance to test the Connect app.  If it works for you, I'm probably doing somethings wrong. 

Thanks for the information.  I appreciate your help.    

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 5
Solution

Yes, you can answer incoming calls on any of the phone(s) that you have set to do the simultaneous ring when your home phone number is called.  That's one of the beauties of the setup in my opinion and I like having that ability.

I was able to test out adding a number in the app to have the home phone number simultaneously ring to and it did work.  What I noticed during the setup of the additional number through the app is that after you enter the number, in the upper right hand corner of the screen is a Save button that you have to hit in order to get the additional number committed to the system.  I am using an Android smartphone and the android version of the app.  After adding the new number, I gave it a couple of minutes to ensure that everything would have time to update throughout the system and then did a test and it worked.

Hope this helps,

Ira

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 5

I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to weigh in about a feature on the previous Xfinity Connect app that is gone, and I'm not sure that is a benefit.  The old app had a toggle that allowed call forwarding to be turned on or off.  The new app does not.  Rather, it has the functions described in the "solution,' and does not function as the old app did.  You can no longer activate/deactivate (ie. *72, *73) from an app toggle; you can only do that from your home phone.