Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xtv.comcast.net info bar keeps popping up every few seconds in chrome!

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

xtv.comcast.net info bar keeps popping up every few seconds in chrome!

When watching any channel at xtv.comcast.net using Chrome browser the bottom info bar keeps popping up every few seconds!

Can this be fixed?

Thanis

Accepted Solution

Re: xtv.comcast.net info bar keeps popping up every few seconds in chrome!

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Does it happen in a different browser? Is this on a laptop or desktop?  Do you have a mouse hooked up? If so, wireless or wired mouse?  If wireless, could the batteries in the mouse be going bad?

It only seems to happen in Chrome and I just tried it with firefox and the info bar never pops up unless I move the mouse.

Also there is no info bar at all with Microsoft Edge!

So Comcast needs to fix xtv.comcast.net for both Chrome and Edge.

Also it happens on desktop or laptop with chrome. And yes I am using a wireless mouse but that is not the issue here.

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Hello can anyone help with this issue?

Problem Solver

Does it happen in a different browser? Is this on a laptop or desktop?  Do you have a mouse hooked up? If so, wireless or wired mouse?  If wireless, could the batteries in the mouse be going bad?

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

It only seems to happen in Chrome and I just tried it with firefox and the info bar never pops up unless I move the mouse.

Also there is no info bar at all with Microsoft Edge!

So Comcast needs to fix xtv.comcast.net for both Chrome and Edge.

Also it happens on desktop or laptop with chrome. And yes I am using a wireless mouse but that is not the issue here.

Problem Solver

Strange, because I use both Chrome and Edge. Chrome doesn't give me the random info bar popups, and the info bar works just fine on Edge.  Just out of curiosity, what version of Chrome are you seeing this on? I am using Version 50.0.2661.87 m (64-bit).

Obviously you must be using Windows 10 since you mentioned Edge browser.  What make and model device are you running on that you are having these issues?

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation