Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinitytv.com Listing issues

Frequent Visitor

xfinitytv.com Listing issues

I am only showing 2 of my HD boxes when prompted to select TV. It was working correctly last week.

I also have 1 PC that gives error when trying to change channel online. It also was working last week. Other PC's in house can still change the channel with a click

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xfinitytv.com Listing issues

your title says listing issue, but your post is about dvr manager???

Go here and then click manage cable boxes and devices.   What does it say about your boxes?  How many do they have?   what are they?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

also make sure on that page tv control is set to on.   I don't get one thing are you sitting around changing channels with your computers????  

Frequent Visitor

You are correct. I did find a post from you in the equipment area. "New Box but I've Lost DVR Manager TV Control". Dated 04-13-12

What is see online is first 2 TV's show correctly. 3rd TV shows but says Cannot control it, etc. It did work correctly last week.

We upgraded and changed out all boxes recently and upgraded to the triple play preferred. One at a time to HD and returned DTA's. I am going to call Comcast and see if they can provision it again, if not all of my boxes.

Why change channels with my computer? Comcast has a great feature with the listing site and online controls. They have so many channels that is hard to select one. The tool is great when you sit in front of 3 computers all day working with a TV in the background. Fantastic to find a program and select from the web site instead of have to change on the remote.

Silver Problem Solver

sometimes when this happens especially when you change out for new boxes its something on your account that needs to be corrected by comcast on their end

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your time.

I agree. Is there a preferred phone number, email address, web site that one can go to and get the account reset to reflect all correct equipment and services? Over the years there have been many changes and a purge or reboot might be good. I want to make sure I can use all of the features I have available.

Official Employee

rburger wrote:

Thank you for your time.

I agree. Is there a preferred phone number, email address, web site that one can go to and get the account reset to reflect all correct equipment and services? Over the years there have been many changes and a purge or reboot might be good. I want to make sure I can use all of the features I have available.

Try unplugging your box that is not being recognized for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Joe, I did as suggested. Results. No change. Shows box not available for remote control.

Side note: yesterday it did show up for a couple of hours. Then it went back to the current state.

Official Employee

rburger wrote:

Joe, I did as suggested. Results. No change. Shows box not available for remote control.

Side note: yesterday it did show up for a couple of hours. Then it went back to the current state.

What is the make and model of the cable box that is not working?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Make & Model: MOTOROLA PR150BNMR

Official Employee

rburger wrote:

Make & Model: MOTOROLA PR150BNMR

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation