New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

xfinity tv

On a new windows 10 laptop I am unable to view TV via the tv.xfinity.com web site. I get an error 11700 after signing in.  Comcast support has been less than helpful. The first agent said there was an outage and the second said there is an issue with the site and browsers, I have tried IE, Edge and Chrome.  The error indicates I have too many devices registered but when I follow their instructions to remove a device there are none listed. I'm not ready to accept their responce, it does not ring true.  Has anyone else expienced this issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: xfinity tv

SNHsoccerFan80 wrote:

On a new windows 10 laptop I am unable to view TV via the tv.xfinity.com web site. I get an error 11700 after signing in.  Comcast support has been less than helpful. The first agent said there was an outage and the second said there is an issue with the site and browsers, I have tried IE, Edge and Chrome.  The error indicates I have too many devices registered but when I follow their instructions to remove a device there are none listed. I'm not ready to accept their responce, it does not ring true.  Has anyone else expienced this issue.

Probably hundreds of users have gotten this error. Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails send Private Messages to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly. Just click their names in this post, and ask them to deprovision your devices due to 11700 error.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

SNHsoccerFan80 wrote:

Probably hundreds of users have gotten this error. Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails send Private Messages to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly. Just click their names in this post, and ask them to deprovision your devices due to 11700 error.

Admin1

SNHsoccerFan80 -- I can fix that error for you. You're unable to deprovision streaming devices yourself, as customers aren't given that ability, so an Official Employee must do that for you. I have gone ahead and deprovision these devices for you. Can you sign in and see if that error is clear now? 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote:

SNHsoccerFan80 -- I can fix that error for you. You're unable to deprovision streaming devices yourself, as customers aren't given that ability, so an Official Employee must do that for you. I have gone ahead and deprovision these devices for you. Can you sign in and see if that error is clear now? 

ComcastZach, a couple of questions for you. Why aren't customers given the ability to deprovision their own streaming devices? And for whatever reason they are not, why does it seem like phone support has a hard time even understanding what an 11700 Error is and how to fix it?

Almost everyday on the forums I see posts from users who have called in to Comcast support about an 11700 error, and have gotten zero help. That is why they end up posting to the forums.  Seems like something that phone support should easily be able to handle.

Admin1

HowAboutThisOne -- Simply put, it's not something we've opened up for customers to do. It may be something that is introduced at a later time. 

Not sure what would going on with phone support. I'd be curious to know which level of phone support customers are reporting are having a hard time understanding this error or how to fix it. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote:

HowAboutThisOne -- Simply put, it's not something we've opened up for customers to do. It may be something that is introduced at a later time. 

Not sure what would going on with phone support. I'd be curious to know which level of phone support customers are reporting are having a hard time understanding this error or how to fix it. 

Well here is a brand new post, and this user said he was transfered to 3 different techs. Maybe you can contact him, and ask who he talked to.

Regular Visitor

Message to comcastzach fixed it. 

Regular Visitor

Three separate chat sessions with the agent not being able to resolve the problem. It was clear they did not recognize the error code. I also had two tickets opened. I believe it was with the Internet group. One agent said there was an outage, another said it's a  bug with browsers with no solution pending. One wanted to reset my equipment in my home even though I'm 1500 miles  from it. Called advanced support too, no help there either. The direct email link is the only think that worked.

Problem Solver

Just a heads up to you so you don't get that error again, make sure if your browser is set to delete cookies on browser exit, that you first sign out of the Xfinity TV portal before exiting your browser. That is usually the number one reason users get the 11700 error.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem. I called them last week and spent 2 hours on the phone resolving nothing and they acted like I was the only person with this problem. smh

New Poster

All levels of phone support fail to solve this simple problem.  It happens often.  I've been on phone for 2 days and countless reps with zero resolution.  so frustrated that its something so simple but we can't get help for this

New Poster

I too am having a problem streaming live video. I can stream pre-recroded video. I would appreciate the fix. Thank you.