Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv problem with premium channels

New Poster

xfinity tv problem with premium channels

I'm trying to watch premium channels that I subscribe to (like HBO) on my laptop.  An orange key is there telling me to subscribe to the channel even though I already subscribe and I was able to watch it last night.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: xfinity tv problem with premium channels

I'm having the same problem.  I logged out and logged back in.  We are subscribed to all the premium channels.  So what do I do now?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

This is really really frustrating....the "manage devices"  solution worked once and as soon as I got done watching a movie - the premium channels locked up again....now I have no authorized devices ....AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi all,

Starting around 1/16/12 12:30 EST, we experiencing issues where customers were seeing orange keys on all videos even if they had a subscription to that channel.

This issue is now resolved.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am continuing to have this problem even though I subscribe to the channels I see the orange keys!

I try logging out and then back in but this does not help. For the past 2 days it seemed to be fixed since I switched from Safari to chrome but now I am locked back out! Very frustrating!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

I am still having this problem despite downloading different browsers.  When will this problem be fixed??

Tags (1)
New Poster

I had the same problem as you.  First I tried a different browser and the other browser didn't have the problem so I cleared my cookies and cache on the browser having the issue and that seemed to clear it up.  No more orange key.

I hope this helps.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Same problem!

Tags (1)
New Poster

I am still having the problem.  Any suggestions.  I've tried different browsers and managing my devices.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I am also having the same problem as late as recently as 1/27.  For a while I could watch HBO shows like Boardwalk but then all of a sudden I couldn't anymore.  I do subscribe to these channels.  Is Comcast stll looking into this?

Tags (1)