Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv player app has sound but no video

Frequent Visitor

xfinity tv player app has sound but no video

I have a 3Gen itouch with 32 GB running 5.1.1. The xfinity tv player app will play the shows or movies however there is no video, only sound. The parental logo such as G or PG is the only thing on the screen. I can download movies and they play without any problem.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xfinity tv player app has sound but no video

if you have sound no video that means your signal is not strong enough.  If you stop the video and go right next to your wireless router the video should come back.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry to tarnish your silver rating, but setting the itouch next to the router did not help. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. still no video.

Frequent Visitor

The exclusive xfinity tv app support number is 877-599-1854.

Frequent Visitor

Funny that the Obama ads play the video just fine, but the shows have no video just sound.
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I was lexdysic. The support for xfinity tv player app is 877-599-1845.
New Poster

Please explain to me how I can see and hear my xfinity app?
New Poster

Called. Xfinity tv plater doesn't work well with older devices. Download xfinity tv remote. Press green " play now " button at bottom of screen and pick the show you want to watch.
Frequent Visitor

Videos only play from the ipad and iphone, if you install xfinity tv player app. Then they won't play on the auxiliary connection to the tv from the ipad like they did before. I get error message "We're sorry.Because of network protocols specified by our network partner, you can enjoy this great video on your mobile device only" That's ridiculous - I pay for the HD cable on the tv I'm trying to watch the video on and for internet from Comcast on the ipad/iphone, but I can only watch videos on certain devices that they deem ok. Also it's not only "network" shows - it seems to be ALL video on the on demand sites. I also can watch video on my computer that does not show up on my on demand on my tv??? What is going on.....This seems like something the FCC should be investigating. I'm paying for content, and you are deciding where I can watch the content???

This was NOT an issue before videos had to go through the tv player app - must be Comcast's way of getting us to buy something else. Guess this is why everyone is hoping for new technology to get rid of cable companies.

New Poster

I have the same problem and wasted hours trying to correct it. Called xfinity and was told the iPad is not comparable yet. I asked ok when? No answer.