Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv player app - constant video buffering issue

New Poster

xfinity tv player app - constant video buffering issue

Ive been using the app for about a week now and recently, within a day or two ive noticed the amount of times the video is interupted for "video buffering" has increased a lot. It was once every 20 to 30 minutes and now it's once every few minutes. Ive tried deleting history, restarting device, and there's no devices registered. Using galaxy note 2 with Android version 4.1.2 any ideas
New Poster

Re: xfinity TV player app - constant video buffering issue

I have the same issue. I have even un-installed and re-installed the app and its still not working. I have been using this app for almost 8 months and it worked just fine up until this recent upgrade. I have e-mailed comcast, so now I am awaiting a response.

New Poster

Re: xfinity TV player app - constant video buffering issue

Same issue here. HBO go plays back fine, but streaming through the xfinity app buffers to an unwatchable state. Any one have any succes stories with this app?

New Poster

Re: xfinity tv player app - constant video buffering issue

I have had the same issue.  I purposely did not upgrade the app on one of my Android devices just in case.  The old app still works great while the new app is problematic and consistently renders "buffering" messages eventually leading the app eventually locking up and forcing me to restart the app.

Since both of my devices are similar in make, model and OS I have to attribute these issues to a possible software glitch.  I would very much like to see COMCAST make the old app available for installation until these software issues are addressed. 

Bronze Problem Solver

I spoke with comcast about this issues and they said they dont release old versions of there apps so it looks like all of us having this issue are SOL. Just unistall it and forget about it is all we can really do.Believe me comcast is aware of the issue but cant fix it. 

Frequent Visitor

You'd think that a company whose business is TV and Internet would have fewer issues with an internet TV app, but I guess not.

It was really nice while it lasted, though!

Frequent Visitor

Good news/Bad news:

Good:    The app is now working; it plays pretty smoothly.

Bad:       But now....every 3 minutes, there's a 5 minute commercial.

No wonder people are cutting the cord.

Tags (1)