Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv keeps playing commercials

New Poster

xfinity tv keeps playing commercials

I am struggling with my xfinity tv. It loads fine and plays several commercials and then goes to the show I want to watch for about 10 seconds and cycles back to the commercials again.  I have been using it for months on my laptop and never had this problem and now it seems to happen with every show as I get towards the end of the show. I haven't been able to finish my last 4 shows I have wanted to watch.  Its very frustrating watching 40 minutes of a show and not being able to see the last 10.  Can you help me?

New Poster

Re: xfinity tv keeps playing commercials

I have been experiencing the same issue.  For me this occurs regularly now for certain shows, and frequently if I have already watched a show commercials just play over and over and it won't let me know watch it again.

Regular Contributor

Re: xfinity tv keeps playing commercials

This thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc... is specifically for ad related problems when viewing shows / movies on the Xfinity site; you should really post there with the information requested in the initial post.

The Comcast people have recently made several official replies to the numerous posts and consolidated the other four threads where people had been posting about ad issues into that main thread. Please note that the Comcast people have stated that they are monitoring that thread for peoples problems but they are not going to respond to each and every individual message posted.

As a workaround, you can try and go directly to the networks own website and watch shows from there and this works for 98% of people. I can tell you that at one point when CBS shows in particular were unplayable on the XFinity site, I spent about three months watching Blue Bloods, NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds etc directly from the CBS site until the problem had been fixed on XFinity.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation