Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv go app not in playstore

New Poster

xfinity tv go app not in playstore

Why can't I watch TV on demand on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S? TV go app isn't compatable now?

New Poster

Re: xfinity tv go app not in playstore

Don't know if this is exactly the problem you are reporting about, but after personal experience with problems involving X1 and 'off loading' from the X1 DVR onto a portable device, I have learned that devices operating with androidOS, must have a minimum of 1.5G RAM.  1G RAM or lower devices, simply do not have the needed RAM support, the playback portion of the Xfinity app when playing downloaded DVR recordings off the X! platform.  I used to own a device that would successfully download a program from my X1 DVR, but in the playback mode the app would crash and shut down.  This is the explanation given to me by Xfinity Tier2 Tech support several months ago.  Even closing down other apps on the device did not help.  1G RAM is never truly 1G, because you will always lose a portion of 1G, to operate the device.  Tier2 advised that the X1 app needed a full 1G to run the app without crashing.  Hope this helped.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation