Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv crashing PC

Regular Visitor

xfinity tv crashing PC

Hi, ive been trying to watch xfinity on google chrome on a PC, itll play for maybe 10 minutes or so then freeze my PC up completely, i cant move mouse cursor and keyboard is unresponsive, i always have to hard reset my PC. This is happening EVERY time. Whats up with this ? every other streaming video works youtube, hbogo, netflix etc xfinity is only site im having this problem with.

Official Employee

Re: xfinity tv crashing PC

steveinfl wrote:

Hi, ive been trying to watch xfinity on google chrome on a PC, itll play for maybe 10 minutes or so then freeze my PC up completely, i cant move mouse cursor and keyboard is unresponsive, i always have to hard reset my PC. This is happening EVERY time. Whats up with this ? every other streaming video works youtube, hbogo, netflix etc xfinity is only site im having this problem with.

Does this issue occur with any other browser?  Are you running the latest, production version of Chrome (not a beta version)?  Have you tried clearing your cached files?  Last resort, uninstall and reinstall Chrome (use 64bit version if your computer supports 64bit programs).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Re: xfinity tv crashing PC

thanks for the help, im using chrome 64 bit and everything was installed properly. Ive cleared the cached files and so far (20 minutes - about double the time it usually lasts) it seems to be working without crashing, going to give it some more use and will let you know if anything changes, if i dont reply again it means problem was solved, thanks !

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation