Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

I'm having the same problem.  For both scheduled recordings and shows already recorded.  Not all are showing on the website or in the app.  None of them show "not available for mobile viewing" on my DVR.  These are shows recorded yesterday and scheduled recordings for the next week.  I have been using the website and app to view recordings for at least a year and it worked fine until the last week or so.  Help!

Bill

New Poster

I'm having the same problem also only showing one recorded show from my cloud DVR on my laptop.

New Poster

Obviously looking at this, this issue has been going on since at least 2013 and it's not something they plan to fix. I've been having the same issue for months and get nowhere when I call tech support on it. Terrible to have an app that is only able to be partially used. Now I'm having an issue where it allows me to watch 5 minutes of a show then it kicks it off. I can watch it fine on my DVR but not the app. Getting a little tired of paying the high price to have this set up and it running so horrible. 

Service Expert

kathy65m wrote:

Obviously looking at this, this issue has been going on since at least 2013 and it's not something they plan to fix. I've been having the same issue for months and get nowhere when I call tech support on it. Terrible to have an app that is only able to be partially used. Now I'm having an issue where it allows me to watch 5 minutes of a show then it kicks it off. I can watch it fine on my DVR but not the app. Getting a little tired of paying the high price to have this set up and it running so horrible. 

Do you have the Cloud rate code on your account?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Only a fraction of my recorded shows that are on my DVR show up on Xfinity TV online. This started today. Never happened before.

Service Expert

Rik11 wrote:

Only a fraction of my recorded shows that are on my DVR show up on Xfinity TV online. This started today. Never happened before.

I just compared mmmy web page to my iPhone 7 and one of my X1 boxes and the X1 box had 32 saved recordings and the others had 31 saved.

Do you have the cloud rate code on your account?  If you got cloud recently, there could be a difference because recordings are added to the cloud AFTER the rate code is added, which means if you got it jin the last week or so, only the new saved recordings since then will be seen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

RobertWy wrote:

Rik11 wrote:

I just compared mmmy web page to my iPhone 7 and one of my X1 boxes and the X1 box had 32 saved recordings and the others had 31 saved.

Do you have the cloud rate code on your account?  If you got cloud recently, there could be a difference because recordings are added to the cloud AFTER the rate code is added, which means if you got it jin the last week or so, only the new saved recordings since then will be seen.

Also, Cloud DVR stores 60 hours while your physical DVR holds 500GB (varies how many hours but always more than 60). We will delete the oldest recordings which are not marked as "Save for 1 year".  If you mark too many items to "Save for 1 year" then nothing new will be recorded.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Same problem

You're not crazy. I've had this happening for months I can see 25+ shows recorded on my home DVR, but the app will only show me the most recent 12 or so. I tried deleting a few to see if additional shows would "roll up" but that doesn't help. This is a real problem when I want to watch something from a week ago - that is available on my local DVR when I'm at home. I have got no idea why the app is truncating the list.
also, the "used space" doesn't show the same % as the local DVR. It looks like I'm 99% full, when I know I'm not

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Having the exact same issue and have been for the last few months. It is a pain.

New Poster

What's the deal?  These questions are from 2014.  Its February 2017.  Why can't I see my recordings on computer or app?  Houston TX

New Poster

Wow. Same here. Posting in Feb 2017 for a thread that was originally started back on 2014. 3 LONG years and Comcast has no freaking intention of fixing this problem. Or maybe they are just clueless on how to implement this "Cloud" DVR properly. 3 years is a long time to fix this issue. Hire some people with skills Comcast.

New Poster

Xfinity Stream just arrived, but it looks like nothing is solved in regards to this issue. From what it seems, Xfitnity Stream is just a logo and name change from Xfinity TV, nothing obvious has changed in the service and how it handles DVR recordings and the avialbility of those recordings via only access.

Frequent Visitor

Just happened to me again, the second time in a month. The last time it happened I spent an hour and a half on the phone with level III tech trying to get it solved and had a tech to my home.  Finally got it to sync  with the cloud but alas it is happened again tonight. Unlike the others in this post I am  fairly new to this particular  issue, but have had many many many issues over the years. I can tell you that before this stopped syncing this time I got several Error 8001.....  perhaps a clue? 

I use the stream TV app on my iPad air, current iOS, all updated.   I also checked my laptop on the Xfinity website and found it to match my iPad. 

Suggestions, help please

New Poster

If you go and remove the 'Save for 1 Year' flag, will the older programs drop off of the app so that I can see newer recordings instead?  I removed the flag from both the series for new recordings and from the episodes that were already recorded (still seeing the same episodes in the app).  At one time I could see a lot of episodes on the app, probably more than the 60 hours we are limited to now and back then I had a number that showed a less number 'full' than it did on my dvr.  I want to see the most recent, and even for some that were marked save for 1 year didn't even show me the most recent.  Really strange and annoying.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

New Poster

I am having this issue as well. I look at my saved stuff online and in the app and it only shows content from one box. I'm missing a bunch of shows. App and online shows my DVR is 78% full, but when I look at home, it's like in 40% range.

Official Employee

mdw071 wrote:

If you go and remove the 'Save for 1 Year' flag, will the older programs drop off of the app so that I can see newer recordings instead?  I removed the flag from both the series for new recordings and from the episodes that were already recorded (still seeing the same episodes in the app).  At one time I could see a lot of episodes on the app, probably more than the 60 hours we are limited to now and back then I had a number that showed a less number 'full' than it did on my dvr.  I want to see the most recent, and even for some that were marked save for 1 year didn't even show me the most recent.  Really strange and annoying.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You have 137 series recordings scheduled. You've had 28 recordings since March 1st fail to record because "space full". You currently have 11 saved recordings in the Cloud DVR that are set to "Keep for 1 year".

Cloud DVR has a 60 hour limit so if you mark too many items as "Save for 1 year" there will be no room to record new episodes.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

pensguy76 wrote:

I am having this issue as well. I look at my saved stuff online and in the app and it only shows content from one box. I'm missing a bunch of shows. App and online shows my DVR is 78% full, but when I look at home, it's like in 40% range.

The Cloud stores the most recent 60 hours of recordings while the STB stores over 100 hours. The app shows the % free in the cloud while the set-top box shows % free on the set-top box.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This is absolutely ridiculous - lately I can't watch a recorded show on my iPad (error 8001), I can't download recordings, or if I download them, only half of the show gets downloaded! Now not all of my recordings are showing on the app! Why would such a horrid piece of software be released??

Frequent Visitor

One show, the walking dead, records on my DVD but on my mobile devices, either I get an error code or it records 11 minutes and that's it.   How to fix this?   

Contributor

make sure youcomplain on their Facebookm page, social media complaints seem to get more attention.

New Poster

My iPad app is not showing the full recording of the shows recorded on dvr.  For example, when I recorded walking dead which is an hour show I can watch on the tv but I cannot watch on iPad because the iPad only shows 2 min or 4 min as the total recorded show. It has been going on for a long while.  

Also so the iPad app used to,be able to stream lots of shows including live sports now you have to be in your home to watch which really is a b if let down from the whole idea of the app.

New Poster

It's May 2017.  Apparently this is an issue that XFinity has no interest in resolving.  They will continue to charge customers top dollar for a product that doesn't work.  I am cancelling service as soon as my contract is over and NEVER going back.

Official Employee

CalBear2100 wrote:

It's May 2017.  Apparently this is an issue that XFinity has no interest in resolving.  They will continue to charge customers top dollar for a product that doesn't work.  I am cancelling service as soon as my contract is over and NEVER going back.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Can you describe the specific issue you are experiencing?  Please see my posts above with links to the Cloud DVR FAQ for more info.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have show i try to watch on the tv app but these shows i cant find at home everything i recorded is there why cant all my shows be on the tv app?
New Poster

Pages and pages of posts from people having trouble with xfinity.tv and app, still no fix.  This has been going on for two years at least!!!  Hello!!!!  Anybody home????  Fix it!  I use xfinity.tv.com.  Some shows it gives all of the recorded episodes, others, only the last few.

Frequent Visitor

Chad,

Can you post when you beleive the issue should be resolved.  Many of us are having it, and I know you escalated it, but would be nice to have some follow up, so that we can help test it.  Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi kjohnsonco1, we will update the thread as we continue to make progress on getting this resolved. Thank you for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi kjohnsonco1, I show that we have resolved this problem. Please remove the app and download it back to your equipment, once you have the app downloaded please test your recorded shows. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.