Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 151 of 224
On NOV 4TH 2015, I NOTICED THAT I AM HAVING THIS ISSUE. HOME DVR IS 44%FULL WITH SEVERAL SHOWS, AND MY IPAD APP IS 9% full WITH ONLY 4 SHOWS.

THIS IS THE FIRST WEEK I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO USE THIS APP FOR THIS REASON. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?????
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 152 of 224
The app will only show recoridngs once cloud dvr has been activated. Probably why you are seeing the descrepency.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 153 of 224
Where is this activated?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 154 of 224
On your account , it's rate code driven. For example, lets say youve had x1 since jan 2015, cloud dvr is activated on Oct 29, 2015 you will only see recoring on the app from 10/29/15 and on.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 155 of 224
Are you speaking about my specific acct when you reference that date? 10/29?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 156 of 224
No, was just using it as an example.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 157 of 224
My point is, where do I find out if it is activated on my account? Where is that setting?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 158 of 224
There is no setting, since you can access the app and you see recoridngs - it's activated.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 159 of 224
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 160 of 224

After working correctly for 8 months I am now only seeing random recordings listed. What the heck???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 161 of 224
I am having the same issues as well @comcastchad.

I have like 8 or so programs recorded and not all are on my app..

Atlanta GA...
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 162 of 224

I think what Chad was trying to say is, that if you just started with the app, like you just downloaded and synced it to your account, shows you set to record prior to that initial syncing to your account, will not be displayed on your app.  Everything after should be.  Matter of fact, I just checked my app, and that is exactly what is happening on my app.  I have everything after that first sync to my account.

hope this helps, 

Plagueborn

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 163 of 224
I've got 5 tv shows and 1 movie that is showing on my app.. and on my system in the house I have 5 tv shows and 3 movies. Two movies are missing. It's driving me crazy.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 164 of 224
There needs to be a sync option to sync them better.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 165 of 224

Same problem, but in reverse.  This has worked beautifully for months, and suddenly, my set-top shows 54 % full, but the app shows 94 percent full and is missing the last two weeks' recordings.  Very frustrating.  I have installed and reinstalled the app, but nothing is working. Please help.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 166 of 224

megan_e_arlitz wrote:
I've got 5 tv shows and 1 movie that is showing on my app.. and on my system in the house I have 5 tv shows and 3 movies. Two movies are missing. It's driving me crazy.

PLease bear in mind that if those 2 movies were recorded to the DVR before the Cloud Rate Code was added to your account, they will only be viewable from the actual DVR.  Pre-existing recorded assets are not transferred to the cloud, only assets recorded after the enable will be visible.   

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 167 of 224
I just recently recorded them. Like yesterday and wednesday. And shows I set up to record 2 weeks ago are showing up.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 168 of 224

Find the 2 movies that aren't showing up on the app on your DVR.  From the "Recordings" list, select the movie to see its info. Does it show "Not available for mobile viewing" in the description? If so, what is the movie and what channel did you record it on?  Thanks.

megan_e_arlitz wrote:
I just recently recorded them. Like yesterday andwednesday. And shows I set up to record 2 weeks ago are showing up.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 169 of 224
Never Back Down was recorded from Spike
Fighting HBO
And now
My Girl 2 StarzK
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 170 of 224

Do they have the "Not available for mobile viewing" message?

megan_e_arlitz wrote:
Never Back Down was recorded from Spike
Fighting HBO
And now
My Girl 2StarzK

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 171 of 224
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 224
And I'm assuming that's why I am not able to see it on my app. Which sucks.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 173 of 224
I'm just confused as to what this "cloud rate code" is; and how and when it's added to my account. I assume is added when you set up the mobile app for the first time. Hope I'm not charged for it.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 174 of 224
@plagueborn.

Same here. About not being charged for it. If so I'll just have to delete my app. :-(
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 175 of 224
It's a $0 code and is required to access the app, there is nothing added once you download and register your device for the first time. It's built into the X1 DVR offers now.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 176 of 224

Exactly, you don't see the movie/show on your app because it is marked "Not available for mobile viewing".  You are just another user having this issue for a bug that Comcast won't admit is a problem.  You set a scheduled recording, then a few days later before the show is set to record a flag is set on the scheduled recording to "Not available for mobile viewing", so when it's time for the recording to take place, it doesn't record to the Cloud DVR.

I've had this issue on and off for months, even had it escalated to their Tier 3 group known as ACES. They did nothing for me. The engineers told the Tier 3 rep the problem was mine for not scheduling the show as a series recording, instead of a one time recording, which caused the recording to have an entitlement issue. I laughed at the rep for giving me that answer, even he thought it was strange.  Yours doesn't even follow that logic since you can't set a series recording for a movie.

The only thing I can tell you is check your recording schedule on the DVR for any shows listed with the "Not available for mobile viewing" message. If you see any in the schedule with that message, use the app to reschedule them, and the message will miraculously disappear. But remember, it's not a BUG according to Comcast.

Hopefully as more people complain about this, Comcast will eventually recognize it as a problem.

Also, I scheduled a recording for Fighting on HBO for tomorrow morning, just to prove it will record to the Cloud DVR. 

megan_e_arlitz wrote:
And I'm assuming that's why I am not able to see it on my app. Which sucks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 177 of 224
I scheduled Never Back Down on my app. And Fighting on my actual system along with My Girl 2.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 178 of 224

Same problem...14 episodes of 1 series on DVR but only 7 show in app. Also, every 2-3 months (of everyday use) it will reload and all of my shows are gone. Then it will only pick up the most recently recorded ones. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 179 of 224

Glad others are having this problem, I thought it was something I was doing wrong or choosing the wrong X1 App....my X1 DVR box is 88% full, multiple episodes of multiple shows saved on there but my app tells me my DVR is 20% full and I only have the 3-4 most recent episodes of most shows.  Very annoying/frustrating.  I would like to be able to watch those old recordings on my ipad. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 180 of 224

I'm in the same situation. My Xfinty app is not working correctly either. My ipad is not dispaying the recordings that are actually on my DVR. My ipad shows a recording is downloaded to my ipad but I cant find it anywhere. I have tried logging out of the ipad app and selecting change account household but that didnt work. The app still says the show is downloaded on my ipad when it's not there. When you click on the show on the ipad, there are not any options to play it, put it back or delete it. Becasue the app thinks the show is on my ipad, then my wife cant watch it on the DVR when in reality no one can watch it.. The app worked great about a month ago, but is completely useless now. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 181 of 224

j31flyer, go to https://device.comcast.net/devices and logon with your primary user account. Select the X1 DVR Downloads tab and delete/remove the ipad that has the problematic downloaded show.  This should release the show back to the DVR.  Hopefully that should help.

j31flyer wrote:

I'm in the same situation. My Xfinty app is not working correctly either. My ipad is not dispaying the recordings that are actually on my DVR. My ipad shows a recording is downloaded to my ipad but I cant find it anywhere. I have tried logging out of the ipad app and selecting change account household but that didnt work. The app still says the show is downloaded on my ipad when it's not there. When you click on the show on the ipad, there are not any options to play it, put it back or delete it. Becasue the app thinks the show is on my ipad, then my wife cant watch it on the DVR when in reality no one can watch it.. The app worked great about a month ago, but is completely useless now. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 182 of 224
Yep that removed it and fixed it. Thank you very much for the help. Now if Comcast could just fix the app so the DVR and the TV app match up again lik it use to.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 224

I am having trouble seeing any of the recordings on my dvr on my ipad and laptop....HELP PLZ!!! Smiley Happy

Posted by
Admin1

Message 184 of 224

kristenrey89 -- Have you downloaded them to each device?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 185 of 224

I am having issue where all my recordings are working on the DVR but nothing is showing on my x1 box without dvr.  I can't even record from this box.

Other issue on Android and ios app - only 1 recording I did for test today is showing.  Previous recordings not showing on the apps.

It was mentioned on this  thread that you forced dvr sync - how do I do that?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 186 of 224
I have most of my recordings showing on the Xfinity TV app but I have movies that I recorded and they are not showing up on my app. Why aren't all of my recordings showing on the app?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 187 of 224

I am having the same issue. My recorded shows nor scheduled shows are showing up in the app. Live tv shows up fine. Any help?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 188 of 224

Has the app ever worked for you, or is this the first time using it? If the first time, you need to activate the Cloud DVR by calling Comcast and asking for the "Cloud DVR rate code" to be added to your account. Only then will you see recordings on the app that occurred after activation.

LondonR wrote:

I am having the same issue. My recorded shows nor scheduled shows are showing up in the app. Live tv shows up fine. Any help?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 224

In last month app stopped showing about 50% of recorded shows . We have used with no problems for a test 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 190 of 224
Same issue here. Just installed X1 a few weeks ago. I can see recordings on tvs but app on iOS only shows most recent recordings
Posted by
New Poster

Message 191 of 224
Same issue here. The app was working beautifully until September, then recordings stopped appearing. I have several seasons of one show on my DVR and they were available on the app until recently. Now only a few are available. Can I get them back?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 192 of 224

Jhoffman5261 wrote:
Same issue here. Just installed X1 a few weeks ago. I can see recordings on tvs but app on iOS only shows most recent recordings

Until you begin using the XFINITY TV app, only 2 days of recordings are kept in the cloud DVR. After that, they should begin recording in both places.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 193 of 224

Dflddad wrote:
Same issue here. The app was working beautifully until September, then recordings stopped appearing. I have several seasons of one show on my DVR and they were available on the app until recently. Now only a few are available. Can I get them back?

Are new episodes not getting recorded or are old episodes getting deleted quicker in the cloud DVR? If the former, try scheduling them again via the app. This worked for me last September after I dropped service at my summer rental and it messed up my main residence (no idea why but it did). If the latter, you should change the "Keep until" (1 Year) option in the settings on those recordings. 

There are also a lot of shows available in On Demand which may help fill in the gaps in your recordings. But not as easy to watch since you can't skip commercials like on the DVR. Hope this help. LMK.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 194 of 224

I have the same issue.  Oddly, it seems the problem is only with shows that record every weekday (Jimmy Falon, Bill O'Rielly, Sean Hannity).  They either don't show up on the app or they show the incorrect number of episodes.  For example I checked and had 10 Jimmy Fallon on the DVR and only 4 show on the app.  I don't believe in my area we have the cloud DVR yet.  Shows that record weekly seem to alway appear on the app.  I really hope they can fix this problem.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 195 of 224

And forgot to mention the app always shows the DVR is almost full (90-97%) when the actual DVR is showing something in the 70% full.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 196 of 224

muzicman61 wrote:

And forgot to mention the app always shows the DVR is almost full (90-97%) when the actual DVR is showing something in the 70% full.

I had a similar issue so I compared what was recorded on my DVR to what was recorded on the Cloud.  I found some very old recordings on the cloud that I had deleted from my DVR.  I then deleted them from the Cloud.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 197 of 224

RobertWy wrote:

muzicman61 wrote:

I had a similar issue so I compared what was recorded on my DVR to what was recorded on the Cloud.  I found some very old recordings on the cloud that I had deleted from my DVR.  I then deleted them from the Cloud.

Huh? It was my understanding that when you delete a recording from either place, it's deleted from both (unless there's a glitch). When I watch a recording using my cable box and delete when done, it's no longer in the list on the website

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 198 of 224

muzicman61 wrote:

This is because the cloud dvr and cable box dvr are different sizes, therefore as you record shows the percent used will be different.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 199 of 224

mvenanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

muzicman61 wrote:

Huh? It was my understanding that when you delete a recording from either place, it's deleted from both (unless there's a glitch). When I watch a recording using my cable box and delete when done, it's no longer in the list on the website

There have been instances in the past where a recording that was deleted from my DVR did not get deleted because the Cloud was not available at the instant I entered the delete command.  As far as I can tell, the cloud DVR delete command was not buffered and saved for when the cloud came back online.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 200 of 224

RobertWy wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

muzicman61 wrote:

There have been instances in the past where a recording that was deleted from my DVR did not get deleted because the Cloud was not available at the instant I entered the delete command.  As far as I can tell, the cloud DVR delete command was not buffered and saved for when the cloud came back online.

Ok, I can agree to that, I've seen the same thing happen. I thought you found a way to specifically delete only from the cloud or dvr