online now

discussions

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 101 of 226

wcb555 wrote:
How does one do that?

Pick ComcastChad's name in the post and it will open his profile.  You should see a link called "Private Message Me".  Click that then type your message.

And no, I'm still having issues with recordings not showing up in the cloud.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 102 of 226
Thank you. We will see how it goes for the next few days!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 103 of 226

Chad, I started this thread complaining about the shows not appearing on my app on October 7, 2014.  How is it possible that my cloud  DVR was only activated on 3/10?  This is one of the problems with Comcast.  You either think that we are dumb and just accept your lies, or you are dumb and don't realize that if I have been having this problem since October 7, 2014 then my cloud DVR MUST have been activated before that.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 104 of 226

anthonydemarco wrote:

Chad, I started this thread complaining about the shows not appearing on my app on October 7, 2014.  How is it possible that my cloud  DVR was only activated on 3/10?  This is one of the problems with Comcast.  You either think that we are dumb and just accept your lies, or you are dumb and don't realize that if I have been having this problem since October 7, 2014 then my cloud DVR MUST have been activated before that.

Even I noticed that when I saw the response, and I thought to myself how I couldn't wait to see your reply.  All I can say is you didn't disappoint.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 105 of 226

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

anthonydemarco wrote:

Even I noticed that when I saw the response, and I thought to myself how I couldn't wait to see your reply.  All I can say is you didn't disappoint.

The naughty word filter would not let me post my original reply.  I had to edit it several times before they would accept it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 106 of 226
You guys are too much. The gentleman is trying his best to help us.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 107 of 226

Just an observation here, but if 

wcb555 wrote:
You guys are too much. The gentleman is trying his best to help us.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 108 of 226
Thst was some subtle sarcasm. My suggestion would be to swap out your dvr box for the very newest model and be sure to get a new one out of the box.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 109 of 226

We travel about every 6 months and download from the cloud dvr to an iPad.  The app has never shown all of the recordings on the dvr and often displays shows that have already been deleted.  I call in about a year ago and after two hours of trouble shooting they told me it was a known problem and that the engineers were working on it.  Yesterday, I tried downloading in prep for a trip and the problem was still there.  I called tech support and after about a half hour they wanted to escalate it to the second tier tech.  Unfortunately, we are leaving in an hour and that will do no good.  I suspect, it's time to get some new engineers!  A quick search of the online forums shows that this is a common issue and Xfinity is doing a POOR job of resolving it!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 110 of 226
Chad, I have a new problem that I hope you can help me with. I downloaded an update to my phone's operating system yesterday. After that, the TV app wouldn't work. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. It now works. The problem is that I had two shows downloaded to my phone. Now I cannot watch them on the phone and I cannot return them to the DVR. I cannot watch or delete either show.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 111 of 226

anthonydemarco wrote:
Chad, I have a new problem that I hope you can help me with. I downloaded an update to my phone's operating system yesterday. After that, the TV app wouldn't work. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. It now works. The problem is that I had two shows downloaded to my phone. Now I cannot watch them on the phone and I cannot return them to the DVR. I cannot watch or delete either show.

Please visit https://device.comcast.net/devices and sign in with your Comcast Username and Password and remove your device from the X1 DVR Downloads tab. That should return your shows to your DVR.  

Let me know if that resolves the issue

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 112 of 226

ComcastChad wrote:

anthonydemarco wrote:

Please visit https://device.comcast.net/devices and sign in with your Comcast Username and Password and remove your device from the X1 DVR Downloads tab. That should return your shows to your DVR.  

Let me know if that resolves the issue

Chad, thank you, that fixed the problem.  I did have to uninstall and reinstall again but this problem is resolved.  Thanks again.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 113 of 226

I just downloaded the X1 TV app so I could take some of my recorded shows with me on a trip. Same problem, they arent showing up in the app so I can't download them! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 114 of 226

My problem is that my DVR will say 42% full with 39 recordings yet my Ipad app when watching recordings on my comcast tv app will say 71% full.    For some reason when I delete some recordings after watching on my tv they aren't seen as delete on my ipad app.  Very frustrating and I cannot go in and delete them from the app as there is no option to do so.  When I try to "watch" them I get the error 500 message.  Please help.

I have had X-1 for almost 2 years...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 115 of 226

Sorry I can't help you with the problem of why when you delete from the DVR, the cloud recording is not deleting, but I might be able to help you to delete the recording from the app manually.

Go to one of the recordings that you want to delete using your ipad.  Click the recording and you should see a bunch of options: Watch, Record Options, Download, and Info.  Click Record Options and you should see 2 choices: Modify Recording and Delete Recording.  Obviously click Delete Recording and see if it actually deletes.

I know this is how it works on my Android phone.  Should be similar to the ipad. Good luck.

Msannmari wrote:

My problem is that my DVR will say 42% full with 39 recordings yet my Ipad app when watching recordings on my comcast tv app will say 71% full.    For some reason when I delete some recordings after watching on my tv they aren't seen as delete on my ipad app.  Very frustrating and I cannot go in and delete them from the app as there is no option to do so.  When I try to "watch" them I get the error 500 message.  Please help.

I have had X-1 for almost 2 years...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 116 of 226
Did you get an answer to your issue. You have the same exact problem I've been having. I have no section on the side for dvr recordings. Curious, do you have iPhone/iPad?
Posted by
Contributor

Message 117 of 226

comcastchad,

my problem had been fixed, but now it is happening again.  Last week, Ballers and The Brink showed up on my App but not on my DVR and Ray Donovan showed up on my DVR but not on my App.  Now this week, HeII on Wheels shows up on my DVR but not my App.  Also, I just noticed that Aquarius, episode 5 shows up on my App but not on my DVR.  Please help me.

One more thing that I just noticed.  I went into my "Scheduled Recordings" on both devices and for tonight, Ray Donovan is showing up in the schedule for tonight on the DVR but not showing up on the schedule for the App.  The same thing is happening for True Detectives (not that I care about that aweful show, I am only keeping it on my recording list hoping that season 3 is good.)

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 118 of 226

I too am having similar issues to yours (see this link). Of course, I have gotten no official response from Comcast about it.  Shows that are scheduled to record on the physical DVR fail to record to the cloud, etc, etc, etc.

I just wish that Comcast would fix all these little annoyances so that X1 could be what they tout it to be.

anthonydemarco wrote:

comcastchad,

my problem had been fixed, but now it is happening again.  Last week, Ballers and The Brink showed up on my App but not on my DVR and Ray Donovan showed up on my DVR but not on my App.  Now this week, HeII on Wheels shows up on my DVR but not my App.  Also, I just noticed that Aquarius, episode 5 shows up on my App but not on my DVR.  Please help me.

One more thing that I just noticed.  I went into my "Scheduled Recordings" on both devices and for tonight, Ray Donovan is showing up in the schedule for tonight on the DVR but not showing up on the schedule for the App.  The same thing is happening for True Detectives (not that I care about that aweful show, I am only keeping it on my recording list hoping that season 3 is good.)

Posted by
New Poster

Message 119 of 226

Well, I just got XFinity specifically to take my DVR'd shows with me on the go when I travel for work and I'm having the same issues everyone has been describing on this forum almost a year ago (i.e., only some of my DVR recorded shows are populating in the XFinity TV app).  That can't be a positive sign that there is no resolution after over a year!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 120 of 226

I just signed up for XFinity specifically to take my DVR shows with me when travelling for work and I'm having the same XFinity TV application issues as everyone else (that is, the application only shows some of my DVR recorded shows).  This can't be a good sign that the issue was raised in July 2014 and isn't resolved over a year later as of August 2015!  Comcast, is there any ETA to actually solve this?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 121 of 226

sundbergjs wrote:

I just signed up for XFinity specifically to take my DVR shows with me when travelling for work and I'm having the same XFinity TV application issues as everyone else (that is, the application only shows some of my DVR recorded shows).  This can't be a good sign that the issue was raised in July 2014 and isn't resolved over a year later as of August 2015!  Comcast, is there any ETA to actually solve this?

Only shows recorded "after" your Cloud Start-Up will be available to the APP....shows recorded prior to Cloud activation remain on the local DVR and are not uploaded to the cloud. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 122 of 226

A new day and new issues with recordings (and schedules) not showing up on the Xfinity TV app and website.  I just checked my recording schedule, and I see a bunch of shows I have scheduled for Wednesday (Aug 12, 2015) are not showing up on the Xfinity TV app or website, but show up on the DVR and the DVR Manager website.

As you can see below, out of the 4 shows I have scheduled to record, only 1 is showing up on the Xfinity TV app and website.  Since I have seen this in the past, this will end up with those 3 missing shows not recording to the Cloud DVR.

Come on Comcast, fix this issue already. It's really annoying.

DVR Manager

XTV Website

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 123 of 226
Same problem here. Super upset. Got everything setup on my X1 so I could use it on a trip. But I guess Comcast isn't fixing this so no such luck. I tried messaging chad as well
But no response there either.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 226

Was there ever a fix to this problem? I am sitting in my home office, and want to use my MAC to watch a recorded show, but it does not appear on xtv.comcast.net (is on DVR). A bbunch of items are on DVR and not xtv.

Anyone?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 125 of 226

teledelux wrote:

Was there ever a fix to this problem? I am sitting in my home office, and want to use my MAC to watch a recorded show, but it does not appear on xtv.comcast.net (is on DVR). A bbunch of items are on DVR and not xtv.

Anyone?

Only assets recorded "after" Cloud was enabled will show up in the XTV webiste...  previously recorded assets will remain onthe DVR and are not uploaded to the cloud.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 126 of 226

There is no RECORDINGS selection on my TV app for IPad. There was one at the Xfinity store. I'm on my home network.

image.png
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 127 of 226

Captwatts wrote:

There is no RECORDINGS selection on my TV app for IPad. There was one at the Xfinity store. I'm on my home network.

Have you had the Cloud Rate-Code added to your account ?

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 128 of 226

I just got my X1 box of three days ago and only a few of my recorded shows will show up in the app, out of four recordings on a given day only one of them will show up in the app. Can you help Comcast chad

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 129 of 226

I am having the same issue shows there were recorded tonight and over the weekend are not showing the app.  Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 130 of 226

This seems to be happening to quite a few people right now.  I've also had this problem in the past.  Like typical Comcast, they are no where to be found about what causes this.  See this link for a workaround.  Of course, this means checking your recording schedule a few hours before something is scheduled to record to make sure it records to the app and XTV portal.

Lcalvert wrote:

I just got my X1 box of three days ago and only a few of my recorded shows will show up in the app, out of four recordings on a given day only one of them will show up in the app. Can you help Comcast chad

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 131 of 226

Lcalvert wrote:

Looks like they didnt record b/c its showing that your not entitled to those channes, which is incorrect... I have sent your info over to our Tier 2/3 group to see whats going on. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 132 of 226

whereismykit wrote:

I am having the same issue shows there were recorded tonight and over the weekend are not showing the app.  Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Your info has been sent to your regional engieering team to investigate

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 133 of 226

Hey ComcastChad, more people than these 2 are having this same issue, see this message and this message.  Maybe their info needs investigating also.  Thanks.

ComcastChad wrote:

Your info has been sent to your regional engieering team to investigate

Posted by
Contributor

Message 134 of 226

Comcast Chad, 

I asked you to help me back on August 9th.  I am still waiting for a response and I am still having the issue of many shows being recorded on my DVR but not showing up on the app.  Can you help me please?  I started this thread because of this problem, you fixed it after about 5 months and then it just started being a problem again.  Please don't  make me wait another 5 months.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 135 of 226

I created a video (use this link to watch) that shows how some recordings are not being added to the Cloud DVR schedule.  Maybe Comcast can use this to see exactly why people are losing recordings on the XTV portal and Xfinity TV app.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 136 of 226
It has started happening to me again too. I have been fine for a while, but now for example, my DVR has Blindspot recorded from last night (9-28), but it is not appearing in my App
Posted by
New Poster

Message 137 of 226

I was excited to see this DVR cloud finally, but the online DVR list and TV list don't match either.   It has some but it is WAY off...There are 11 shows here online (11% full)   my TV DVR is 50% full.  Yet also, there are more shows in a category online where I have only 1 here on TV.   I know new things take time, I would love to watch some concerts with headphones but only 2 of 9 (of an artist I have set to always record) show online,,,,I would love to use headphones with my tablet!    Please keep up working on it!!!    

Plus there are shows online NOT in my DVR......altho they should be?   Weird.   Hope this gets working better soon!

anthonydemarco wrote:
All of a sudden the TV app, not TV Go, is not listing all of the shows that are recorded on my dvr.

933527-1e634e76-f50c-11e3-8ea9-a081f3513119.jpg

anthonydemarco wrote:
All of a sudden the TV app, not TV Go, is not listing all of the shows that are recorded on my dvr.

anthonydemarco wrote:

anthonydemarco wrote:

anthonydemarco wrote:

anthonydemarco wrote:

"All the voices in my mind, calling out across the line..."    ~Ed Sheeran

Posted by
New Poster

Message 138 of 226

I too am having a problem.  The Xfinity TV Go app does not let me see my recorded shows.  How can I view them?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 226

I am having the same issue.  I can not view my recorded shows when using the Xfinity TV Go app. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 140 of 226

lflan wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I can not view my recorded shows when using the Xfinity TV Go app. 

The TV Go app does not have cloud recordings.. you need to download the XFIINTY TV app to view your recordings.  Please note you must be in a cloud DVR market and have the proper codes on your account. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 141 of 226

The Xfinity TV Go app does not allow you to view your recorded content.  However, the Xfinity TV app does, but only if you have Cloud DVR activated on your account.  If you have Cloud DVR on your account you can use the XTV web portal as well >>> https://xtv.comcast.net/

EDIT:  Too late, Chad beat me to it.

lflan wrote:

Posted by
Contributor

Message 142 of 226

ComcastChad,

Last week's recording of "The B*st*rd Executioner" recorded properly on my DVR but only showed up for 8 seconds on my app.  I have already watched and deleted it but this is not the first time that something like this has happened.  For some reason you have not responded to my last few posts but could you please, pretty please, please with sugar on top help us by fixing these problems?  Or at least reply to our posts?  thank you.

By the way, if the bad word is part of the name of a TV show, it should not block the post. In the past, I have had to spell heII in "HeII on Wheels"  h-e-capital i-capital i.  Now it won't let me put the type of executioner in the above post.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 143 of 226

anthonydemarco wrote:

ComcastChad,

Last week's recording of "The B*st*rd Executioner" recorded properly on my DVR but only showed up for 8 seconds on my app.  I have already watched and deleted it but this is not the first time that something like this has happened.  For some reason you have not responded to my last few posts but could you please, pretty please, please with sugar on top help us by fixing these problems?  Or at least reply to our posts?  thank you.

By the way, if the bad word is part of the name of a TV show, it should not block the post. In the past, I have had to spell heII in "HeII on Wheels"  h-e-capital i-capital i.  Now it won't let me put the type of executioner in the above post.

Looks like there was a cloud DVR network issue that occured the night of 9/29 in your market and could be the reason why it only recorded for 8 seconds. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 144 of 226

Hi -

I'm also having issues trying to see all my recorded shows from my DVR on my iphone 6.  Yesterday, I was not able to see any but after calling Comcast, I was able to see some.  Are you able to look at my account and fix this issue for me? 

Thanks so much!

Jordan S.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 145 of 226
Same here. App shows 3% but tv shows 35%
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 146 of 226

Sportiekc wrote:
Same here. App shows 3% but tv shows 35%

Taking a look at your account I see that a good potion of your series recordings are not making it     to the cloud scheduler.    The quickest way to fix this is to see which series are not showing up on teh scheduled tab on the app and deleting the serires recordings from the DVR and reschduling it.  I am also going to get this over to our support teams to invesitagate.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 147 of 226
I am seeing another strange issue today. When I go into the TV app, it is showing that my DVR is 97% full, but when I check on my actual DVR, it is only about 65% full. My remote app is also only showing 65% full.

Is this going to cause me problems with future recordings? Why would this happen?

Thanks,
Ben
Posted by
New Poster

Message 148 of 226

I just got my xfinity x1 box set up, so I know it's all new equipment, but I'm having the same exact issue as everyone else on here: not all the shows that have been recorded on my TV/box show up on the app. I even tried to delete the app and download it again, but to no avail.

Also, when I go to check my scheduled recordings on the app, it says I have none scheduled for the next 14 days! But I actually have weekly recordings of several shows set up on my box. I even tried to set up a recording (that I already had on my box) on the app as well, but even after I scheduled that recording, I checked the "scheduled recordings" tab on the app again, and it still said there were no recordings scheduled!

Please help resolve this issue!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 149 of 226

pieronimm wrote:

I just got my xfinity x1 box set up, so I know it's all new equipment, but I'm having the same exact issue as everyone else on here: not all the shows that have been recorded on my TV/box show up on the app. I even tried to delete the app and download it again, but to no avail.

Also, when I go to check my scheduled recordings on the app, it says I have none scheduled for the next 14 days! But I actually have weekly recordings of several shows set up on my box. I even tried to set up a recording (that I already had on my box) on the app as well, but even after I scheduled that recording, I checked the "scheduled recordings" tab on the app again, and it still said there were no recordings scheduled!

Please help resolve this issue!

Are you still seeing this issue?  Checked your account and i see schedulded recordings for the next 14 days. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 150 of 226

Hi Chad - I'm a new X1 user and having same issue with dvr recordings not showing up in the app. Can you help?