Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 224
Me too. please fix! It is such a cool app... If it would just show all recorded shows.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 52 of 224

So at this point what happens? Obviously the new and improved customer service experience is behind schedule. Certainly if I ran my business this way I would not have a business. Seriously Comcast, either fix it or stop advertising it. I wish I had never switched.

I know it isn't "Chad" who they don't give any power. And the months go by and I continue to pay for ????

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 53 of 224
For the last 3 days the app has been working. It refreshes with the latest recordings right after I launch it. Whoo Hoo!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 54 of 224
Lucky you! Mine is still not showing all recorded shows.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 55 of 224

Last night mine lost two shows that had been on the list previously.  Right before my eyes, the shows disappeared from the list of available shows to watch.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 56 of 224

Is there an update to the "fix" for this? New x1 customer and lo and behold...I have the same issue as everyone else. And Customer Service doesn't appear to know this is a problem that is being worked on as I learned here. At least not the rep I chatted with. They told me to try re-recording all over again. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 57 of 224

I am also having the same issue... I'm guessing it is some type of cloud sync problem?  On my computers and on my iPads I can see all of my recordings in the DVR manager through the website, but the Xfinity TV app and Xfinity website which funtions like the App... Only a random spattering of programs are there.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 58 of 224

Wow, I can't believe how long this problem has been around with no resolution.  I am also having the same problem - i.e. most of the shows on my DVR do not appear on my iPad app.  What I find most bothersome is the fact that several times a day I see Comcast commercials on TV advertising that all the shows on your Comcast DVR can be watched on your tablet.  This is false advertising!  Please fix the app or discontinue the commercials.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 224

I can see my recordings on the app, but theyare missing on my TV. Has this issue been fixed?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 60 of 224

vicpotgieter740 wrote:

I can see my recordings on the app, but theyare missing on my TV. Has this issue been fixed?

Can you provide more detail around what recordings are missing from the TV but showing on the app?  The thread here is for recorinding not showing on the app but available for playback on the DVR... different issue that what you are experiencing.  

Did you recently swap for a new X1 DVR by any chance? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 61 of 224
I am having the same issue as others.

I just installed fhe app on 2 iPhone a 6 and 6 plus both running IOS 8.2.
Both devices show no saved or recorded shows. I have a bit recorded and saved on my X1 and would like to be able to take some on my up coming trip.

Thanks
Art
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 62 of 224

ArtMM wrote:
I am having the same issue as others.

I just installed fhe app on 2 iPhone a 6 and 6 plus both running IOS 8.2.
Both devices show no saved or recorded shows. I have a bit recorded and saved on my X1 and would like to be able to take some on my up coming trip.

Thanks
Art

The cloud dvr codes are not on your account, someone should be contacting you in the next 48 hours to get you set up. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 63 of 224

We should have a celebration.  Apparently the problem that ArtMM is having is actually one that Comcast can fix.  There is a first time for everything.  Congratulations ArtMM.  I started this thread almost six months ago and my problem is still not fixed.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 64 of 224

Don't want to be mean but thank goodness there are alternatives coming. Not quite six months like anthonydemarco but a thousand dollars and a bunch of months. I guess it is a matter of percentages for comcast to care.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 65 of 224
Shows view as scheduled recording on box. Then no recording on box. but the show is in the app as recorded no problem. Problem keeps getting worse over last three weeks.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 66 of 224

Sometimes when I do download a show, the first few minutes of the download are cut off on my device too

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 67 of 224

Stevewcapecod wrote:
Shows view as scheduled recording on box. Then no recording on box. but the show is in the app as recorded no problem. Problem keeps getting worse over last three weeks.

Can you send specefic examples of recordings not appearing on your cable box.. I see that you have two DVR's and one of them has poor signal levels which might be causging your issue.  But we need specefic examples to investigate your issue

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 68 of 224
I totally agree about the commercials! Makes me bitter every time I see one.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 69 of 224
Chad, please write a ticket for me. Saved dvr programs do not appear on the app. Thank you.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 70 of 224

I just switched to xfiniti cable within the last two weeks with the understanding that I would be able to watch my recorded shows from my DVR on the go with the app, but so far out of approx 15 shows on my DVR currently I'm only able to access 2of them through the app. From the looks of this forum, it's been an on going problem, any closer on finding a fix?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 71 of 224

wcb555 wrote:
Chad, please write a ticket for me. Saved dvr programs do not appear on the app. Thank you.

Sent your info over to our production support teams

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 72 of 224

Hi Chad, could you make a ticket for me too?

I can not see any recordings past Sunday morning, and only a portion of my scheduled shows are showing up on my mobile apps (IPad and Mac on xtv.comcast.net)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 73 of 224

Chad - can you create a ticket for me too. I just joined comcast two weeks ago, and this was one feature I liked. With the app not working, it's a huge disappointment. Do you have an estimated time frame when it will be fixed?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 74 of 224

Jp1314 wrote:

Chad - can you create a ticket for me too. I just joined comcast two weeks ago, and this was one feature I liked. With the app not working, it's a huge disappointment. Do you have an estimated time frame when it will be fixed?

The teams are already looking into this issue, not ETA on a fix yet.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 224

Chad, the teams should have been looking into this for at least six months now.  (From the time when I first started this thread.)  It is quite obvious that I am not alone with this issue.  Do you have ANY type of update other than "the team is working on it"?  How about telling us some of the things that the team HAS fixed in regards to this issue.  I have noticed that you are starting to put "This show is not available for download" on some of the shows but that doesn't fix the problem that the shows SHOULD be downloadable or that your commercials are saying that ALL shows on the DVR can be viewed anywhere.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 76 of 224

anthonydemarco wrote:

Chad, the teams should have been looking into this for at least six months now.  (From the time when I first started this thread.)  It is quite obvious that I am not alone with this issue.  Do you have ANY type of update other than "the team is working on it"?  How about telling us some of the things that the team HAS fixed in regards to this issue.  I have noticed that you are starting to put "This show is not available for download" on some of the shows but that doesn't fix the problem that the shows SHOULD be downloadable or that your commercials are saying that ALL shows on the DVR can be viewed anywhere.

The issue from 6 months ago has been resolved, there are several things that can lead to recordings missing from the app.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 77 of 224

Well, MY problem has not been fixed - not all recorded shows from the DVR appear in the app.  I do believe this was the issue that Anthony brought up 6 months ago.  It is STILL my issue!

Holy Cow!

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 78 of 224

I responded to the original thread in January and my problems are still not fixed.  I'm working with Comcast to get this fixed and finally have someone who is being responsive in terms of keeping me updated; but the problem still hasn't been fixed (and it's not that person's fault, it's the technical people).  I did delete all my preset recordings and reset them to record, and that has helped with some of the shows.  But, many are still not showing up on the App (even those newly recorded), and some that are showing up can't be downloaded.  A few that I have been able to download take as long to download as they took to air (and Comcast is trying to figure out why but still hasn't).  And some that have finally downloaded aren't able to play.  Bottom line is that the technology is awesome in theory but it couldn't be worse in operation and implementation.  Comcast should IMMEDIATELY stop advertising this feature at all (let alone focusing on it the way they do), until it works in every way, for every customer.  I got sucked in to the DVR based on that feature but had no idea it didn't work.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 79 of 224

The issue from six months ago has NOT been resolved.  I am still having the exact same problems with the app.  What makes you think that the problem was resolved?  Did you ever try to contact me to ask me if the issue has been resolved?  No, you didn't.  I am now even more upset about this problem.  You cannot say that you fixed something unless you actually fix it, and YOU HAVE NOT FIXED IT!!!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 80 of 224

anthonydemarco wrote:

The issue from six months ago has NOT been resolved.  I am still having the exact same problems with the app.  What makes you think that the problem was resolved?  Did you ever try to contact me to ask me if the issue has been resolved?  No, you didn't.  I am now even more upset about this problem.  You cannot say that you fixed something unless you actually fix it, and YOU HAVE NOT FIXED IT!!!!

Can you provide some specefic examples, i am not seeeing any recoridngs failing to record on your account.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 81 of 224

I am having recording issues as well. My app shows more shows than are actually on my TV x1 box, that is really annoying. I do not want to watch them on my phone, I would like to watch them on my tv. Please help. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 82 of 224

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 83 of 224

JR999 wrote:

Hi Chad, could you make a ticket for me too?

I can not see any recordings past Sunday morning, and only a portion of my scheduled shows are showing up on my mobile apps (IPad and Mac on xtv.comcast.net)

When you have a chance can you check and see if you now seeing all your recordings?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 84 of 224

Same problem here -- Brand-new X1 owner and only *some* of my recordings on my new X1 box show up on my mobile app or on the X1 web viewer.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

\marc

Posted by
Visitor
Message 85 of 224

Just noticed something -- does anyone else have a similar situation?

The "Xfinity TV" iOS app is missing recordings. I have two, only one shows up.

However, the "Xfinity TV Remote" iOS app, under "DVR Manager", shows all my recordings -- I just can't download or watch them through this app.

So something's talking to the box, but it's not being pushed to the X1-specific apps, best I can tell.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 86 of 224

mnc042 wrote:

Just noticed something -- does anyone else have a similar situation?

The "Xfinity TV" iOS app is missing recordings. I have two, only one shows up.

However, the "Xfinity TV Remote" iOS app, under "DVR Manager", shows all my recordings -- I just can't download or watch them through this app.

So something's talking to the box, but it's not being pushed to the X1-specific apps, best I can tell.

Thanks in advance.

I am using the "Xfinity TV" app on Android not iOS, but I would assume they should work similar. You said only one of your 2 recordings is showing up on the iOS app.  Look for the recording that is not showing up on the actual DVR by clicking xfinity button - Saved - Recordings (this will not work if you choose the recording under the "For You" heading) Find the recording that is not showing up on the app and select it, then press OK.  Under the time when it was recorded does it say "Not available for mobile viewing"?  If so, it could be that error that happens that some shows randomly get that setting even though they shouldn't.

As for the "Xfinity TV Remote", I'm not sure how it works for iOS, but on the Android version when I pick the DVR manager it takes me out of the app and opens up a web browser for the page. It takes me to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr. This page is actually reading what is saved to your DVR, not what is saved to the cloud storage space.  When you tell your DVR to record a show, it makes a recording locally to the DVR itself, but also a duplicate recording to the Comcast cloud servers.  The "Xfinity TV" app is reading your recordings from the cloud servers only, not your DVR.  That is why you can get a mismatch between the 2.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 87 of 224

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Does it say "Not available for mobile viewing"?  If so, it could be that error that happens that some shows randomly get that setting even though they shouldn't.

As for the "Xfinity TV Remote", I'm not sure how it works for iOS, but on the Android version when I pick the DVR manager it takes me out of the app and opens up a web browser for the page. It takes me to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvrThis page is actually reading what is saved to your DVR, not what is saved to the cloud storage space. 

You're right -- of the two recordings, one of them ("Jeopardy") says it is not available on mobile. I did try forcing a DVR sync to the cloud, but that didn't change anything.

Is this a known issue that cropped up recently, or something that just happens and can't be changed? I remember for a while there was a ton of content on my TiVo that was flagged by the broadcaster as "do not copy", is that what's going on here?

Also: On iOS, the DVR manager actually has a native interface, but it's pretty much only to view what's on the DVR (which as you say, gets its content directly from the box and is, therefore, in sync), and tell the DVR to play one of the recordings -- not stream it to a device.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 88 of 224

One other thing I noticed -- it takes a LONG time for new scheduled recordings to show up on the mobile app or X1 web interface. As in, I added a recording schedule for "Jeopardy" and it took five hours for that change to show up on the mobile app and the Web.

Is that the expected lag?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 89 of 224

mnc042 wrote:

One other thing I noticed -- it takes a LONG time for new scheduled recordings to show up on the mobile app or X1 web interface. As in, I added a recording schedule for "Jeopardy" and it took five hours for that change to show up on the mobile app and the Web.

Is that the expected lag?

When I add a recording I can see it almost instantly on the web interface. Not sure about the mobile app cause I don't use it as much.  5 hours seems rather excessive, but I couldn't tell you why it is happening.  Try scheduling something through the web or mobile app and see how fast it shows up on the DVR.

As for the "Not available for mobile viewing" message, I definitely don't think it is a CCI flag problem, but rather a error happening on the X1 side.  Like I said in a previous post, if I notice the "Not available for mobile viewing" message on a scheduled recording, I can cancel the recording and reschedule it, and 99% of the time the message will disappear and the recording will show up on the cloud. The rub is I shouldn't have to keep looking at my recording schedule to look for errors to fix.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 90 of 224

Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on it and play around with it a bit more.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 91 of 224

I recently upgraded to the X! platform, and I have noticed the same problem. While I have 7 recordings showing on my dvr, there are only 2 showing up on my mobile devices. I am surprised and dismayed that Comcast is unable to fix this problem which appears to have been an issue for several months.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 92 of 224

Peteclick wrote:

I recently upgraded to the X! platform, and I have noticed the same problem. While I have 7 recordings showing on my dvr, there are only 2 showing up on my mobile devices. I am surprised and dismayed that Comcast is unable to fix this problem which appears to have been an issue for several months.

This thread is from the end of last year, but for me I switched to x1 in February of this year. I didn't have or at least notice this issue until the last week or so. I've had other x1 problems to deal with.  I think some upgrade/update went through and now this problem is showing up.  I just feel like I'm beta testing x1 for Comcast.

Are you having the "Not available for mobile viewing" message if you look in your DVR?  If so, document all the recordings and post it to the forum.  Maybe a Comcast tech can find a pattern. I know I haven't.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 93 of 224

Chad, you asked for specifics.  Of course, as I record new shows and delete shows I have watched, this list will change but as of today, there are six episodes of "The Universe" on my DVR but only three episodes showing up on my App.  There are also two episodes of "Strip the Cosmos" on my DVR but only one episode on my App.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 94 of 224

anthonydemarco wrote:

Chad, you asked for specifics.  Of course, as I record new shows and delete shows I have watched, this list will change but as of today, there are six episodes of "The Universe" on my DVR but only three episodes showing up on my App.  There are also two episodes of "Strip the Cosmos" on my DVR but only one episode on my App.

Cloud DVR was added to your account on 3/10, which would explain why you dont see "Strip the Cosmos"  recorded on 2/4 and "The Universe" recorded on 3/9.     Any previous recordings before cloud was activated on your account are only accesible via the X1 STB on the TV.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 95 of 224
comcastchad, please help me. I've asked you about this a number of times and gotten no help or response. Only a few of more than a dozen dvr shows appear on the app. Help please. Thank you waynebuckwalter@comcast.net
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 96 of 224

wcb555 wrote:
comcastchad, please help me. I've asked you about this a number of times and gotten no help or response. Only a few of more than a dozen dvr shows appear on the app. Help please. Thank you ***********@comcast.net

First I don't think you should put your email address in your post.  The forum gods will end up deleting your post for that.

Secondly, send comcastchad a private message as well.  This way you can see that he actually read it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 97 of 224
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 98 of 224
Have you gotten this issue fixed?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 99 of 224

wcb555 wrote:
Have you gotten this issue fixed?

Yes, your issue has been resolved.  We can not recover the recordings from 4/10-4/16 that failed to record to the cloud servers.   I am seeing recodings from 4/19-4/22.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 100 of 224
What causes some shows to record to the cloud and some to not record to the cloud?