Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Contributor

xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

All of a sudden the TV app, not TV Go, is not listing all of the shows that are recorded on my dvr.
New Poster

Re: xfinity tv app not showing all recorded shows

Same problem here... Used to work just fine, but not working as of a few weeks ago.
Official Employee

Katpiper2001 wrote:
Same problem here... Used to work just fine, but not working as of a few weeks ago.

Are you still seeing these issues?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

anthonydemarco wrote:
All of a sudden the TV app, not TV Go, is not listing all of the shows that are recorded on my dvr.

Are you still seeing these issues?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Yes, I am still having this issue.
Official Employee

anthonydemarco wrote:
Yes, I am still having this issue.

I only see two completed recordings on your Cloud Recorder.  Did you recently swap DVR's?  I see alot recordings that were      cancelled by the system.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue - only showing the last 2 of 4 recorded shows on the DVR.  Have not switched cable box / DVR at all.  When I log onto xfinity with my PC, it shows all recorded episodes.  So just seems like the app on my iPad is not finding all episodes.

Contributor

There are four shows on my DVR at the moment but only one showing up on my app

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I would like to take shows to go, but the app is not picking them up. Can you help?
Frequent Visitor

Only my most recently recorded 4 shows can be seen. I can't access others. Can you help?
Official Employee

Terhall wrote:
Only my most recently recorded 4 shows can be seen. I can't access others. Can you help?

This will need to be escalated to our production support teams to see why the recordings are not matching what you have      stored on your set top box.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Chad! Will you move this issue forward? I appreciate it. I just checked again and a show that recorded last night is not reflected on my app. It looks like it is only picking up some of my recordings and there doesn't seem to be any logic to which ones. Please let me know if there's anything I need to do in order to have this issue resolved. Thanks again!
Official Employee

Terhall wrote:
Thanks Chad! Will you move this issue forward? I appreciate it. I just checked again and a show that recorded last night is not reflected on my app. It looks like it is only picking up some of my recordings and there doesn't seem to be any logic to which ones. Please let me know if there's anything I need to do in order to have this issue resolved. Thanks again!

I am seeing two shows appearing on your cloud recorder from last night.. can you try logging out and logging back in to see if the most recent shows are being populated. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Chad, does this mean that you are only working on Terhall's issue?  What about the rest of us?

Official Employee

anthonydemarco wrote:

Chad, does this mean that you are only working on Terhall's issue?  What about the rest of us?

Yes, I've sent all issues to our production support team.    I would like to  caution that some recordings may not be            retrievable and no available on the cloud recorder. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

This morning there were three shows that showed up on the App that just would not download to my device.  One got to 8% downloaded and would stop, another got to 15% downloaded and would stop and the third would not download at all.  I tried to download all three multiple times and they kept getting stuck at the same spot. 

Also, I have noticed that with many shows that I download, the first several minutes of the program are missing, sometimes as much as the first seven minutes of the show.  When I go back and check the DVR, those seven minutes are there but they are not there when I download the show.

Frequent Visitor

Having the same issues man.  I sympathize.  The App is a waste of space and time, and Comcast doesn't care to fix it or doesn't know how.  It's a great concept, but its not working any I can't imagine the Comcast bumbleheads can ever get it working.  They even accused me of not accepting the Terms and Conditions and thats why it wasn't working properly. 

New Poster

This just stared happening to us as well. Now new recordings are showing up on our TV app that was working just fine a few days ago. Help!
Contributor

I am still seeing the same problems.  However, I have noticed that it is the same shows each week that are not showing up on the TV app.

Regular Visitor

Nothing works for me anymore. The past month has been a joke. My latest issue is I cannot see all my recordings with the xtv app nor can I record a show from it anymore. Other issues are random disconnects when trying to playback a recording directly off the STB, black screen when watching or FF/RW a recording, random issues where the xtv app says I'm not home (when I am and connected to the home network) as well as hicups trying to wach TV. I'm new to comcast as I live in a new place where I couldn't get a different cable provider.

This has to be the wrost cable tv implementation I've evern seen. Search most any issue and you will see others with the same issue not from years ago but recently as in days or weeks. Comcast support is a joke, they keep telling me these isues I'm having are all related to each other but I don't believe it. The entire system is defunct and the people you talk to either have no idea or have been fed lies from above.

Regular Visitor

This has also started happening to me in the last couple of days.
Frequent Visitor

I also don't get every recording showing on the TV app on my iPad. It is a mystery as to why some are available and others aren't. Please fix it.
Official Employee

Anon1328292 wrote:
I also don't get every recording showing on the TV app on my iPad. It is a mystery as to why some are available and others aren't. Please fix it.

We are aware of the missings recordings issue, our engineers are investigating. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I. Don't see any recordings on this xfinity TV app. All live TV is working, but no option exists for recording. I have several recordings
Saved on the DVR, but none show in the app.
Regular Contributor

DVR 82% full X1 remote app shows 3%. Is was working great until 10 minutes ago please help. Thanks in advance.
New Poster

What happened to the XFinitiy TV app?  Up to about a month ago I was able to access just about every one of my X1 DVR recordings.  Since then it typcially has been only allowing me to access just a very small portion of my saved recordings.  This is very frustrating.  My DVR is close to 50% filled, but then my phone tells me it is 13% filled.  Has there been repeated issues with the cloud service causing my recordings to constantly disappear on my mobile device?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Chicago_Dave wrote:

What happened to the XFinitiy TV app?  Up to about a month ago I was able to access just about every one of my X1 DVR recordings.  Since then it typcially has been only allowing me to access just a very small portion of my saved recordings.  This is very frustrating.  My DVR is close to 50% filled, but then my phone tells me it is 13% filled.  Has there been repeated issues with the cloud service causing my recordings to constantly disappear on my mobile device?

Thanks.

A ticket has been opened for your issue: 

#CR428390406

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I have got a new problem now.  Now there are recordings showing up on my TV app that are NOT showing up on my X1.  

New Poster

I'm also having this problem - only a fraction of the shows I have recorded on my DVR are showing up in the app on my iPad. It seems if I set the recording FROM the iPad the show will appear once recorded, otherwise it's seemingly luck - unfortunately none of my shows have been lucky, only the shows my 8yo daughter recorded Smiley Sad Is there a fix for this?

Contributor

Hey ComcastChad, every once in a while you post that a ticket has been opened. I have two questions. One, are you opening a ticket for ever item listed here or just the ones that you specifically reply to? Two, has anything actually been fixed yet because I am still having the same problems months after I started this thread.
Official Employee

ravynfire wrote:

I'm also having this problem - only a fraction of the shows I have recorded on my DVR are showing up in the app on my iPad. It seems if I set the recording FROM the iPad the show will appear once recorded, otherwise it's seemingly luck - unfortunately none of my shows have been lucky, only the shows my 8yo daughter recorded Smiley Sad Is there a fix for this?

There is a long term fix we are working on to resolve the issue you are seeing.  The fix involves a little more than a developer updating code or a software fix.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

anthonydemarco wrote:
Hey ComcastChad, every once in a while you post that a ticket has been opened. I have two questions. One, are you opening a ticket for ever item listed here or just the ones that you specifically reply to? Two, has anything actually been fixed yet because I am still having the same problems months after I started this thread.

Just the ones that I reply to, same answer as above, we are working on a longer term fix to resolve the issues customers are seeing in your area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Please open a ticket for me too. Same issue; has always been this way. I typically also get server playback issues:500. On most of the shows that are showing up. Thanks!
New Poster

Same problem.  The only pattern is that only the shows recorded within the past 24 hours appear.  Anything older than 1 day just drops off and is not seen by the app for viewing or download.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue as Chicago Dave. Please help.

New Poster

Hi, I am having the same issue.  There are recordings on the DVR that are not showing up on the XFINITY TV app on my iPhone or on the computer (xtv.comcast.net).  I would like to have this issue escalated for me as well.

New Poster

Since we are all having the same problem, could you kindly either create tickets for all of us or let us know, by email, when the issue is resolved. This whole upgrade has been frustrating at best. Thank you.

Official Employee

Cheftech7 wrote:

Since we are all having the same problem, could you kindly either create tickets for all of us or let us know, by email, when the issue is resolved. This whole upgrade has been frustrating at best. Thank you.

Its being escalated for everyone, there is no need to create a ticket for each person when its a known issue.  There is nothing a tier2 support person can do to resolve the missing recordings issue. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Just recorded a show tonight. Did not show up on my iPad. This is ridiculous. It says not for mobile viewing. I'm in my home on my home network.

New Poster

I also seem to be having this issue. Some of the shows that are on my DVR are now not availabe to download to the iPad. Also, On Demand feature dont seem to work over a cellular connection. Please help, I like to use this app at the gym.
Official Employee

On demand and live TV can only be viewed while connected to your in home wifi network. Please use the TV go app while out of the home.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

OK, That's great but that does not explain why I cannot acces the full DVR while in the home to download shows to take to go.
Frequent Visitor

The whole purpose of the X1 box is to be able to download programs and watch them when I am not on any network, like an airplane. The xfinity TV app lets me download a small portion of my recordings and watch them anywhere. Is this a broadcaster issue?  It doesn't seem so since I could download Hawaii 5 O away from my home but on the internet but couldn't  get Blue Bloods. The former showed up in my REECENT listings and the later didn't. These two programs are both on CBS TV.

Is there an estimate as to when this will be fixed?

New Poster

Any update? I'm having the same problem. Just added xfinity tv service. This is a feature I was looking for. This is very disappointing!
New Poster

I too have this same issue. Recordings will show on my DVR but not on the Xfinity TV app (or vice versa).

The full percentages are different as well. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but to no avail.
Contributor

I am having the same issue recently as well. I used to be able to see all my DVR shows on the X1 TV app and then download them to go, but now I cannot see all the recorded shows, some do not show up on the app, but are on the DVR. Please help, this feature was the reason I switched to the X1 box.
New Poster

I have also been having this issue. I noticed on my "saved" list on my DVR box some shows say "not available for mobile viewing"? I thought everything was supposed to be able to be downloaded?
New Poster

Same issue with me. Only a few of the many shows that are on my DVR show up on the X1 TV app, and all but two of the shows that are actually listed on the app are unable to be downloaded. Some give me an actual error message, and the others simply don't go past 0 to about 4%.  There is no rhyme or reason for which shows  appear on the app and which don't.  Most of what's there is older, and then a random new show might suddenly show up.  This is ridiculous to pay all this money for the X1 service and not be able to get use out of promised features.  Comcast, when are you going to get around to fixing this???

New Poster

I too have been having this same problem and apparently this issue has been good by for several months. Just how many months does it take Comcast to correct a problem?
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  It happened inconsistenly previously but now it has gotten worse.  I'm missing 2 from Sunday evening and 1 from last evening.  The app does not show that it was updated recently so I'm not sure where the problem is all of a sudden coming from.