New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity streaming

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

xfinity streaming

My problem is very inconsistent quality with streaming live TV.  Goes from everyting is fine to totally freezing up.  I've done some personal trouble shooting, but no results yet.

Any ideas?  The constant stalling is very frustrating.  Connect speed does not seem to be the cause, but that varies quite a bit also.

What will help?

TIA, pjl

Accepted Solution

Re: xfinity streaming

You've got my sympathies i have the same problem inconsistent service and no one to talk to....this site has a contact us tab if you click on it there's no phone number or email address...just forums 

View answer in context
New Poster

You've got my sympathies i have the same problem inconsistent service and no one to talk to....this site has a contact us tab if you click on it there's no phone number or email address...just forums 

Frequent Visitor

more of what I have UNFORTUNATELY come to expect from Comcast.  I continue to look for any other option!!

As they say, sympathy is under s in the dictionery.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  For a while it was working fine.  Then, they decide to limit what OnDemand content you can watch.  (At least for now you can watch what you have recorded.  I thought the idea was to give you the flexibility to watch away from the house???)  Then, in the last couple of days I have noticed that the TV video keeps freezing up.  You are watching, the screen goes black, flashes on for a few seconds, and then repeats and repeats.  It's not just buffering.  And what I don't understand is that up to a few days ago, it worked just fine.  Looks like once again Comcast can't get their act straight and are messing with something that used to work fine, only to make it worse - trying to tell you that they are improving their services to give you a great viewer experience.  Not sure how it is a great experience if you can't watch the video and you can't watch OnDemand shows that you used to be able to watch.  Oh, and now at home I noticed that the picture often pixelates - do I need a new box already?????  (Don't get me started on the cr**** "new and improved" e-mail.  Have to fool their language police.) 

I say it over and over but will say it again - for the money I pay to this company and the fact they are supposed to be #1 and are a big corporation, they have hired the WORST IT and technical people to design and run their services.  Will never understand how this company hires such stupid people who apparently don't know what they are doing.  They have hired a great marketing team who have designed a campaign that is smoke and mirrors and gives the impression they are not as good as they want you to believe.  I am waiting for the day that there is competition between cable companies in an area so maybe prices will go down and quality will get better.  (And, if they give us some cr** about using an app, well, consider that some computers may not have apps - especially if you want to log on and watch at work.  Geez, get your act together Comcast.)

New Poster

We travel 3-4 months. Streaming our DVR  would be a good thing if it worked....Not.  Hangs ups time after time until you just give up.  All other streams (amazon firestrick, you tube, fox news) all work fine. Techs reload, reset, retest but bottom line is Comcast cheats us on bandwith to deliver a product. Time to move on.

Official Employee

Hello bossman3883, I can assist you with your streaming your DVR content to your phone or other portable device. Do you get an error message while streaming, or is your picture quality bad? Have you tried streaming from another device other than the one that you are currently using? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon