Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity streaming videos will not load

New Poster

xfinity streaming videos will not load

Videos will not load and continuously stay on loading screen (Other sites like amazon/netflix/hulu load and play perfectly fine - So, this is on Xfinity's end).

Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity streaming videos will not load

Me too, for about the last week.

New Poster

Same here.  Rebooted everything in the house an still it just sits trying to load.  Issue is on Comcast's side.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Could you please answer the following questions:

- What browser do you use? What version?

- Do you have any plug-ins/extensions installed (AdBlock, AntiVirus, and etc)?

- Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed? 

Please let me know. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Why would you still use such dated and insecure tech? You do know Adobe is "planning to end-of-life Flash... at the end of 2020". That means no more support or patches in three years time. You should be using "current" web standards to serve up multimedia. With that said, Xfinity is the ONLY website I've listed as an exception in Chrome to run Adobe Flash Player content. I do have the most recent update installed for Flash Player. As of today, it would be version 27.0.0.130. I can't watch any DVR content without it acting like dial-up. Amazon Prime Video works just fine in a browser. I have also tried to watch in Microsoft Edge as it takes fewer system resources to run, and it is just as bad. On-demand movies seem to work fine, so the issue lies with the DVR playback engine.

Please tell me, good sir/madam, how is it all other streaming services work like a dream and we are unable to stream our DVR content via any browser?

If you would like to read up on Adobe EOL for Flash Player, navigate to Adobe's Blog: https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

Suggestions are welcome.

Signed,

Irritated Xfinity Customer

New Poster

Find your add-ons (the 3 bars) or options (tools) in the browser and select plug-ins. Check that the shockwave flash plug-in is on "always activate." That fixed it for me. I also re-downloaded Abode flash player for safe measures.

Regular Contributor

Hello MaraJade,

I am not sure if the suggestion from kathrynjeanette worked for you. If for any reason it did not please send me a PM verifying your account and user profile so I can refresh for you. If this did work please post your results so the community can benefit from your research.

Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation