Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity stream beta app on roku tv does not show full screen

New Poster

xfinity stream beta app on roku tv does not show full screen

This topic has already been used but I was unable to work myself into the conversation. It appears a comcast employee had been answering this question through private messages. I have a Roku 2 and just starting using the Xfinity beta app. I do not have a full screen either. I had speculated that it had something to do with it being standard resolution streaming. My Roku settings are set to wide screen. I don't want to stretch or zoom because that doesn't resolve the issue. Can someone tell me if this is an expected format or if there is a fix that supports a 1080P wide screen tv?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: xfinity stream beta app on roku tv does not show full screen

marathondon wrote:

This topic has already been used but I was unable to work myself into the conversation. It appears a comcast employee had been answering this question through private messages. I have a Roku 2 and just starting using the Xfinity beta app. I do not have a full screen either. I had speculated that it had something to do with it being standard resolution streaming. My Roku settings are set to wide screen. I don't want to stretch or zoom because that doesn't resolve the issue. Can someone tell me if this is an expected format or if there is a fix that supports a 1080P wide screen tv?

Do other roku apps give you a full screen image?

New Poster

Yes, both my Hulu and Netflix accounts provide full screen. Pandora does as well.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I have new roku premiere and stick. All apps good except xfinity stream beta. Some ZHBO channels are full size. I also question the channel line up. I can not filter by HD like the ipad which works. Dont have the HD channels on Roku. I think that is the issue. I dont have any option on the app to adjust picture size or wide screen. Any suggestions?

New Poster

I have the same issue.  I have a letterbox image that is not full screen.

New Poster

Same issue, there isn't a setting option within the Xfinity app to adjust the screen resolution to 1080p.  I have 2 roku3 devices and 1 roku 4K device, all of which don't show at full screen resolution.  A friend of mine has the same roku devices and the screen resolution showed just fine out the gate.  We are both runing the same App Version 2.3.2. Hopefully Comcast will address this oversight soon.

New Poster

I have the same issue.. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation