Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity stream app deleting devices

New Poster

xfinity stream app deleting devices

I am unable to delete a cellular device that is using the stream app to watch tv. When I go to manage devices on my laptop or my personal cellular phone none of the devices are shown for me to edit. What can I do?

Official Employee

Re: xfinity stream app deleting devices

tynetta157 wrote:

I am unable to delete a cellular device that is using the stream app to watch tv. When I go to manage devices on my laptop or my personal cellular phone none of the devices are shown for me to edit. What can I do?

You only had 1 mobile device on your account (friendly name "iPhone). I removed it so it will be required to sign in again the next time it tries to use the app. Update your password to prevent unwanted users from gaining access.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

tynetta157 wrote:

Send a PM to ComcastDan - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6307450

Edit: never mind, he beat me to it......

New Poster

Hi ComcastDan, i just spent over an hour on the phone and no one was able to deprovision a device that's using my xfinity stream app without permission.

We changed usernames and passwords and they said they have deprovisioned our devices, but I'm still signed in, even after all these changes! :/

If you can, please do this with my account. This is the second time being on with them, with no resolution. Thanks a lot in advance Smiley Happy
Official Employee

Hi, Meghanmowry - If you still need help with de-provisioning let me know. At this point, I only see 3 devices registered under your account for XFINITY Stream app.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi ComcastDan,

I really hope you can help me! I contacted Xfinity tech support today, based on prior posts that you responded to about unauthorized users devices attached to their accounts.

I saw that I had shows listed on my DVR as "just watched" and recorded, that I did not view or record. I initially changed my password which did nothing because the unauthorized users weren't kicked off and asked to log back in (I know this because I was able to access my own account from 2 mobile devices which were still logged in under the old password). In your posts you state people in this situation should contact Xfinity and ask to speak to a Tier 2 or higher technician that can "deprovision their devices using an X-Ray tool". After being passed around for over 2.5 hours to 5 different technicians including a supervisor I still have the problem! I was told they deprovisioned my account twice but I was still able to access my accounts without signing in again from 2 devices while speaking with them! Please help! I feel violated by people I don't know having access to something I'm paying for! My call was left with the technician stating his supervisor would call me back in 15 minutes after reaching out to Comcast directly to ask how to fix the problem. I thought THEY ARE Comcast! Either way, I never received a call back and continue to see viewed programs that are not from myself or my family. You are the only one who seems to know what the exact problem is in these instances. 

Thank you, signed DESPERATE

Deprovisiom mobile devices using X-ray 

New Poster

I forgot to add that although I was streaming movies simultaneously from 2 different devices my account said "no current devices streaming". I also have not added authorized devices to my account if that makes a difference. 

Thanks again!

New Poster

For two weeks, I have been calling xfinity to correct the issue of someone using my xfinity service via the xfinity to go app. I read that a tool called deprovision must be used to remove all unwanted users, forcing all users to re-login with the new password/username. No one has resolve this issue.
Service Expert

WStokes wrote:
For two weeks, I have been calling xfinity to correct the issue of someone using my xfinity service via the xfinity to go app. I read that a tool called deprovision must be used to remove all unwanted users, forcing all users to re-login with the new password/username. No one has resolve this issue.

Does this help?\

https://tv.xfinity.com/settings/devices

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm assuming when they do a deprovision it must take awhile to process. It seems to have worked now, as I was kicked out of the apps I was originally signed into on my devices and I haven't seen any new "recently watched" programs that weren't watched by my family or I. I hope everything has definitely been resolved.

Regular Visitor

Hello ComcastElla!
I too am needing help with de-provisioning. The only devices that should be able to access my account are 1 mobile phone, 1 ipad & 1 laptop & the normal cable box. I too keep having things pop up that Ive never watched or recorded. Ive changed my password but since whomever must have the Xfinity Stream app downloaded it continues to let them access it with the old password. Would you please mind helping me? Thank you so much!
Regular Visitor

Hi,
Can you do the same for me also? I am have the same problems. I want all devices removed
Regular Visitor

Hope someone responds to you so I can get the answer too. I called Customer Service & made the post prior to yours & still no response.
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. When go to look at the devices currently streaming, it says there aren't any, yet am currently streaming on my tablet, mobile, and laptop. But there are 2 to 3 other devices who have infiltrated my account and I can see their activity via recently watched shows, none of which were viewed by me. Help!!!
New Poster

Xfinity stream app unauthorized devices

Hi ComcastDan,

I really hope you can help me! I contacted Xfinity tech support today, based on prior posts that you responded to about unauthorized users devices attached to their accounts.
I saw that I had shows listed on my DVR as "just watched" and recorded, that I did not view or record. I initially changed my password which did nothing because the unauthorized users weren't kicked off and asked to log back in (I know this because I was able to access my own account from 2 mobile devices which were still logged in under the old password). I know there using my old login credentials and gaining access as I am friends with a roommate of one pirate user and he confirmed he is literally watching her watching TV on the app with my login. What do I do when the app is telling me that there arent any devices streaming? In fact, there are 6, 3 authorized, and 3 unauthorized, all gaining access with my old login info.
New Poster

Can you explain how you did this so I can do it too?
New Poster

I need devices deleted
Service Expert

@KENNER57 wrote:
I need devices deleted

did you already change your sign-in password?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have the same issue. It says I have two devices streaming and I don’t know how to delete them. 

Service Expert

@TeeA66 wrote:

I have the same issue. It says I have two devices streaming and I don’t know how to delete them. 

did you change your password since you discovered the devices?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Hi ComcastDan I am too trying to get a device off of my xfinity app its an iPhone I'm going to change my password as well to see if it will delete thank you
Admin1

Hi kiamagee12 -- I can help get that device removed if changing your password does not do it. Please let us know if you need us to remove that device. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm trying to remove all the phones on my xfinity stream I have devices on there using my account I would like to remove them remove every device except Roseda don't remove Roseda
Service Expert

@Rosedajanvier15 wrote:
I'm trying to remove all the phones on my xfinity stream I have devices on there using my account I would like to remove them remove every device except Roseda don't remove Roseda

when the employees use the tool to deprovision all devices must log back in again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello Oguerrero2, you can do this yourself by simply resetting your password for your Comcast credentials. I can also assist you with this on my end, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, username, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats