Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity stream - All Listings

Frequent Visitor

xfinity stream - All Listings

Why does the list of channels in my display now begin with Channel 18.  What happened to all the channels before '18'.  I called for support but they had no answer and said they would need to escalate the problem,  Still have not heard back from Comcast support.

Official Employee

Re: xfinity stream - All Listings

JAYGEEE wrote:

Why does the list of channels in my display now begin with Channel 18.  What happened to all the channels before '18'.  I called for support but they had no answer and said they would need to escalate the problem,  Still have not heard back from Comcast support.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. In my experience there are a couple reasons this can happen:

1. An account has somehow lost "entitlements" (authorization) for the channels (XFINITY Stream only shows the channels to which you subscribe)
  2. The IP streams of the channels are down or not available (XFINITY Stream only displays channels with available IP streams)

I checked your account and see that your account shows neither entitlements nor available IP streams for your local broadcast stations. Clearly, as an XFINITY TV subscriber, you should be entitled to your local broadcast stations so something is incorrectly configured - either at your account level or in your local area. You will find the same issue on the HD versions of the channels (in your area channel 3 is the SD version of channel 441). 

I ran a "refresh" which can sometimes fix entitlements but it had no impact. Unfortunately, that's the extent of my abilities (I don't work in customer support so don't have access to all their tools). It sounds like you've already opened a ticket which is the best way to get this resolved. Again, very sorry and wish I could do more to fix it myself. 

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation