Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity app for ipad constantly freezes and times out

Regular Visitor

xfinity app for ipad constantly freezes and times out

The title says it all. I have been able to watch on my ipad for the past year or so on my home network, but today, it suddenly stopped working reliably. I play a video and it works for perhaps 30 seconds, then freezes, then after about 30 seconds plays for another 30 seconds.

This is not something that is worthwhile for any period of time. I have turned off all other apps on my ipad (so I know it's not background programs running, and my netflix app runs lickety split, which makes it seem like it's specific to comcast. I have also just for fun reset my ipad connection to my home network.

none of this has resulted in the xfinity app reliably playing anything for longer than at most a minute at a stretch.

New Poster

Re: xfinity app for ipad constantly freezes and times out

Just tried this app for the first time today on my iPad Air (it is new) and this exact thing happened. Freezes and times out. Not happy.

New Poster

I have been having this problem for a while now. My speed is good but it either freezes or gets super fuzzy! Super frustrating! 

New Poster

Same problem here. It has been great until the last 48 hours. Trying to watch Dexter on demand and I quit. Freezes out constantly.
Regular Visitor

A brief update, as this has now persisted through two weeks. I can watch at most one minute at a stretch without it freezing. it doesn't matter what show I attempt to watch, I have the same thing happen. Watch for 30-60 seconds, picture quality deteriorates and then it freezes. If I don't do anything, freeze persists for about a minute and then plays again for 30 seconds, rinse and repeat.

The one bit of relief is that if I turn off wifi and then turn it back on, I get up to five minutes pause free, but then we are back in pause land.

It is acting as if there is a bad connection to the internet, but the ipad is literally sitting directly above the box, and i can get netflix to play without even a slight freeze ever on the ipad, and we know how netflix is.

is there some kind of troubleshooting help or suggestion for this kind of issue?

New Poster

I have been having the same issue on my ipad2. Video plays for about 30 seconds, then freezes. Incredibly frustrating. Hoping that someone has a resolution to this.