Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity TV Player

Frequent Visitor

xfinity TV Player

I am unable to get this app to play any of the videos on my iPad.  I keep getting the error "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video"  I have already tried logging out and re-installing the app and it still does not work.  I tried this with Finding Nemo, How I Met Your Mother and American Dad and none of those videos work.  I tried different wifi connections and that does not work as well.  I have a iPad 3 runinng iOS 5.1.1.  

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: xfinity TV Player

why are you not running 6.0.1???

Official Employee

llim507 wrote:

I am unable to get this app to play any of the videos on my iPad.  I keep getting the error "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video"  I have already tried logging out and re-installing the app and it still does not work.  I tried this with Finding Nemo, How I Met Your Mother and American Dad and none of those videos work.  I tried different wifi connections and that does not work as well.  I have a iPad 3 runinng iOS 5.1.1.  

Are you trying to watch videos through the app or through your Safari browser on your iPad?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to watch videos through the app.  It doesn't matter if I try to stream it or if I download and then try to watch it.  I still get the error that says it has difficulties playing the video.  I am using Xfinity TV Player version 1.2.1 that was released on Dec 18, 2012.

Regular Visitor

same here and i am using newest ios with iphone 4s.  upon searching on Google, tons of people are having this same issue and its all over the reviews for the app in itunes!

i want this to work so badly....

Frequent Visitor

Any updates?

Official Employee

llim507 wrote:

I am trying to watch videos through the app.  It doesn't matter if I try to stream it or if I download and then try to watch it.  I still get the error that says it has difficulties playing the video.  I am using Xfinity TV Player version 1.2.1 that was released on Dec 18, 2012.

Try uninstalling the app and then try installing it again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Silver Problem Solver

they both work fine for a lot of people including myself, use them both everyday.  Something has got to be wrong on your account.   are you signing in with the primary users credentials and have you set your zip code?  

Comcast JOe, does this now work for everyone or is it still market and cable box dependant??

Frequent Visitor

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app over 10 times now and it still does not work. 

Frequent Visitor

I think I am signing in as the primary user.  It's the same login that I use to pay my bills and view my account.  I didn't know that you can have more than one account.  

How do you set your zip code?  I don't think it asked me for a zip code after I installed the app.  I don't see a zip code option in the settings either.

Silver Problem Solver

if you click more in the bottom right and then go to dvr manager then to channel line up you set your zip there.  if the zip is not right the app will not work.

Frequent Visitor

There are two Xfinity apps.  One is called "Xfinity TV Player" and the other is called "Xfinity TV Remote".  I cannot get the one called Xfinity TV Player to work at all no matter how many time I try reinstalling it.  On a whim, I decided to install the Xfinity TV Remote app and this app works for streaming videos. I am going to use the Xfinity TV Remote app until they fix the Xfinity TV Player app.  I hope this helps other users who are also having trouble with the Xfinity TV Player app.

Silver Problem Solver

the xfinity remote app does exactly what the tv app does, so if the remote one works then just use that, my xfinity tv player was automatically replaced with the remote app last update. 

Frequent Visitor

I wiil use the remote app for now.  The only thing that it's missing is the ability to download videos so I can watch them while I am traveling which the player app has.

Silver Problem Solver

you are correct, I don't know why they can't just put all the functionality on one app.  I do believe the majority of things that are downloadable can simply be watched via the play now feature, you do have to be in wifi for that though.

Official Employee

rog286713 wrote:

you are correct, I don't know why they can't just put all the functionality on one app.  I do believe the majority of things that are downloadable can simply be watched via the play now feature, you do have to be in wifi for that though.

Having two apps opposed to one will help improve the performance in both apps.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation